Bad
Good

In the beginning of the 2008-2009 school year I transffered my child to Harris for the help offered to kids by way of intervention in math and reading and the supplemental services. After 2 months of bullying (by many) in the form of name calling and physical abuse with no help from the Teacher, then 2 visits with the Principal. I was forced to make a decision over my kid's education, or safety and happiness. I chose the 2nd option. After only 2 month I transfered my child again. This time for his safety. I sent two detailed letters (2nd being certified) of what we had been through to Dr. Chavez at the District Office who returned a call two weeks later. He was arrogant uncaring and showed absolutely no compassion to what my child was put through. Lots of bullies, not enough leadership at this school and District Office.

My daughter just started going to this school last year 2007 and she has improved alot in her reading and everything else. I really think the teachers at this school really care and work really hard to make sure the students meet the level they need to be in at their grade

The teachers are wonderful. They really have a heart for teaching when the stay and put up with political issues that arrise from administration. The discipline is not consistent through out the whole school. Too many want control of what goes on within the school and the whole meaning of why we are there is lost. Its sad when the principal can not be as good of a leader as the teachers are.

Teachers are dedicated to help all students achieve their goals. Staff works together in a PLC for the best of our students.

My son has attended C.W.Harris for 3 years,Being in 2nd grade now.His Teacher this year is really something special,and really goes out of her way to help in any way she can.I wish I could say the same for the Administrative staff and even the District Office.It is hard to teach a child respect for authority,when school officials make decisions that are poor at best in regard to student disipline.And the district office will not even return contact in regard to these matters even after being requested to do so.

Last modified Charles W. Harris School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.