Eagle College Prep

Charter | PK-8 | 665 students

We are best known for committment to excellence.

Living in Phoenix

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $79,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted July 28, 2012

We are embarking on our fifth year in the South Mountain Community. We are a Kindergarten - Seventh grade campus. We focus on academic greatness with a postive character development program. Our curriculum is individualized to meet the needs of our diverse learners. We pride ourselves as a great place to learn! We have an amazing staff of individuals that come together for our students each and every day. We are looking forward to a great school year!

Posted March 20, 2014

My child loves her third grade teacher at Eagle! Her teacher has helped her come out of her shell this year! She feels welcomed in her classroom, and is always excited to go to school. I'm very impressed with her academic progress, as well. Our family loves EAGLE!

Posted February 5, 2013

Absolutely AMAZING. My son is in Kindergarten and his teacher is seriously the best. After a horrible experience with another teacher at another school, I was so happy to have a teacher who really cared. The school is so well organized. The front office is great. The best decision I have made is to put my son in this school.

Posted July 29, 2012

Last year was our family s first year going to this school and we love Eagle! Excellent teachers mixed with a loving and nurturing environment. I feel Eagle has positively impacted my children s ability to comprehend materials and be more focused and excited about learning!! The admin staff has always been warm and accommodating to all of our needs, including being sensitive to my child s special needs. My family is very thankful for such a quality school so close to our home.

Posted July 28, 2012

I'm a parent of 6 children and have had my children in school for over 30 years. We adopted 3 more children when our older kids were in high school. We moved a few years ago from the midwest and were looking for a school for our elementary children. A neighbor told us about Eagle College Prep. We are so impressed with this school and our children love it. It is by far the best school we have ever had our children in. The teachers are great and really care about their students and I love the new principle. She always has time for the students and the parents. Her door is always open to all of us. If you are looking for a great school for your children, I would highly recommend Eagle College Prep. I love this school and love the staff.

Posted July 28, 2012

The students, teachers and support staff at EAGLE are wonderful. The rich character that is taught and the loving teachers is why I decide to send my children to EAGLE. Unfortunetly, the administrators and executive staff make horrible decisions for the school. They do not support their staff against unruly parents or from the lack of cooperation from fellow teachers. The principal is nice, yes, but she is not a good leader. The administrators make decisions that allow students to endure 100+ degrees heat everyday for both outside music and lunch. Where does all the money go? Why hasn't Educational Enterprises Inc invested in a cafeteria? The money certainly hasn't gone to our children. Shame on you EEI.

Posted July 28, 2012

EAGLE College Prep is driven by its mission of academic greatness and positive character development in a safe and supportive learning environment. I am proud to be part of the EAGLE team that works relentlessly in fulfilling this mission. The staff, teachers, and administrators strive to provide a student-centered learning environment where all students can achieve greatness in education. Our learning environment includes whole/small group instruction and cooperative learning. We also build a foundation for student success by focusing on character development using Character Counts! As we begin our fifth year, we are looking forward to inspiring over 600 students in the South Mountain community and will continue to work hard for them. LOVE EAGLE!

Posted July 21, 2012

We have been at Eagle for two years, and have decided that we needed to leave. The teaching staff was great, and the curriculum was good too. But the administration and office staff are so unprofessional and disorganized, we actually debated taking our child out early. As a volunteer, I saw the many ways that this school cuts corners, and was very disappointed with how declined the school had become this year. I understand that space/finances are limited, but testing desks in the hallways, rationed copying for teachers (so they are unable to adequately print ASSIGNMENTS), teachers grading papers on the stairs, crowded and insufficient testing computers(even with the expansion for next year it is still insifficient!), and a music room outside in 100+ heat does not make a good learning environment. With the building of a new charter school in the community, the office staff and some adminstrators became rude and demeaning about families considering attendence there. What sealed our decision was when those same administrators specifically shared those thoughts and ideas with my CHILD (not me!) on several occasions. Make a better choice Laveen! This school is not what it says.

Posted July 19, 2012

As a parent, I feel it is my duty to let other parents know why I have chosen to opt out of Eagle as my choice for education for my children. I have two children. My daughter is excelling and this school is definitely not the challenging her gifted needs. My son has been bullied (rocks were thrown at him) and I do not think this school addressed this issue thoroughly. My other concern is the lack of planning. It's hard to believe, but my kids ate lunch in the classroom. This is not the most hygenic learning condition. Both of my kids have music outside as there is not adequate space for classroom instruction. Phoenix really is not the place to have outoor music class. If you ever ask teachers to see the science curriculum you may be shocked because it is seriously lacking. Administration is not open to communication as many events and important notices are sent home late and office personnel need to be more kind and helpful. I am saddened that this school has not invested in technology, or a real music class, or a simple cafeteria. I am also sad to see some of the best educators have left.

Posted July 16, 2012

My daughter is entering her third year at Eagle and my other daughter is starting Kindergarten. What makes this school special is the parents and the teachers. Everyone I have met at the school has been very helpful. I know most of the teachers on staff. When my oldest went to public school for two years I only knew who her teacher was. She always had behavioral problems in public school. Since starting Eagle she has changed dramatically and she is consistently on honor roll. The parents take their time to be involved in the school. It really feels like family. The facility is small and yes they could use another building but I am willing to grow with the school. Many other parents and teachers have decided to "jump ship" for the latest fancy school . I truly believe the grass isn't always greener and they will regret leaving. If you are looking for a school that will provide your child with a stellar education, this is it.

Posted July 15, 2012

EAGLE College Prep is an excellent school providing a high-quality education to all children. The staff, leadership team, and teachers are caring and loving. We have great students who work hard, care about one another, strive to display good character, and are focused on being prepared for college - even in the primary grades. I am proud to work here and truly believe that what we are doing is making a difference in the lives of over 600 children and their families. This past spring our teachers worked with the leadership team to become an accredited school. This is a huge honor and is certainly well-deserved. It is our mission to provide an academically great education, help our students develop great character, and ensure a safe learning environment. As we embark on our fifth year, we are proud of where we have been and where we are going. Let's have a positive start to the school year and celebrate all of the milestones while looking ahead to what the future holds. We have a highly talented team of teachers who think outside the box and teach above and beyond the standards. Go EAGLE!

Posted July 15, 2012

As we begin our fifth year of educating children in the South Mountain Village area, I am so proud to be a member of this amazing team! We strive to meet the needs of all of our students while holding everyone to high standards academically. Our students work hard on their classwork to ensure that they will someday go to college. I am inspired by many of them and the teachers who serve them daily.

Posted July 14, 2012

My family has been at EAGLE since their beginning and plan to take our three children all the way to eighth grade there. The teachers and staff go above and beyond for the students. My daughter's teachers have been wonderful! She learns so much every year. For a big city like Phoenix, the school gives a sense of community that we haven't found elsewhere. My daughter wants to go back to school already this summer because she misses her school, friends and teachers. Great school, great character program!

Posted July 12, 2012

This school has some caring teachers and good character is taught very well. Now lets talk academics. The science, social studies, and art subjects are lacking in updated curriculum. The library has a very limited supply of books. Their computer lab that is very small and lacking adequate software. There is no school wide honors program. I would like to see more diversity in the staff as this school is serving a diverse population. There is no cafeteria, your kids will eat in the same place they work. Anytime it gets too hot or cold your child will also have P.E., music, and their recess in their classroom too. I'm not sure how the teachers use their prep time with kids in the class so often since there is no teacher's lounge either. Communication between administrators and teachers and parents could be better. Many events are posted last minute. Fund raisers are not well explained. Office personnel could be more courteous and helpful. Overall, this school has a lot of work to do. within 3 years a school should have a better facility. No cafetiera, lacking curriculum, crowded space, no depth in communication...this school is simply not up to par with others.

Posted March 20, 2012

My son attends this school and we are extremely happy and satisfied with the quality of education he is getting. Everything about the school is great, from the academics to the focus on building character. The environment is very family oriented and focuses on preparing the students for College. The teachers and staff are highly trained, knowledgeable and caring. We love everything about this school and are happy to be part of it!

Posted January 9, 2012

Very happy with Eagle for my first grade daughter. Had to decide between Vista and Eagle and made a great decision. Eagle is a Great school with strong leadership and parent involvement. Focus on citizenship with a loving emphasis. I think Eagle is under rated and will continue to grow in all areas in the coming year.

Posted November 8, 2011

I have 2 boys at Eagle College Prep and 1 on the way next year.:) My oldest did a full year at Eagle as a Kindergardner then moved over the summer to be close to family while my Husband was in Iraq.TO THE POINT! By 1 semester at top rated school in Avondale, both my boys had learned ABSOLULEY NOTHING. I came to Eagle LITERALLY in tears and asked that my kids be put back into the school with my promise to pick up and move back to Laveen within weeks.That is how important I felt it was for my kids to GO back to Eagle. It cost our family, a military paid family mind you $5000.00 move and break our lease. No money could equal the opportunity to have a child in Eagle College Prep.THE BEST EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD WITH EAGLE: When my oldest came back to Eagle he was so far behind in reading. In less than 1 full year he has bumped his reading level 2 grades.He now reads at his correct level. My middle child went from not knowing not even a letter to reading within 1/2 a year. The morals and expectations that Eagle has for there scholors is what each child needs to help them grow with great character and responsiblility. If you want your child to grow with character and morals, Eagle is 4 u!

Posted November 2, 2011

Selecting the right school for our boys was a very big decision as it is for every parent. We are confident that we made the right choice for them with EAGLE College Prep. We are proud to watch them learn and grow more and more each year. The Teachers and Staff go above and beyond to create a great environment focused on learning and fun. We especially love the Character Counts program and positive culture that continues to grow at this school!

Posted September 22, 2011

EAGLE College Prep is a school parents rant and rave about but if they really looked at their school they would see otherwise. The professionalism and organizational skills of the school itself is POOR. They may have SOME awesome teachers but that is all. Who they hire as staff, non teachers, are individuals whom other schools would never higher due to their experience and work ethic. I have to say it was a gold mine its FIRST year but now it is not the same. YES it has community support and parental involvement that is what makes it strong but the teaching and status of the school itself is inefficient.. It is an AVERAGE school.

Posted July 17, 2011

EAGLE is a fantastic school, with loving & caring teachers who want nothing but the best for our children!! We could not be more greatful for these amazing teachers, and how they have really helped our daughter. She is thriving academically and socializing .. and she LOVES going to school!!!

Posted June 11, 2011

Being a parent of a child who just finished kindergarten, all I can say is that this school and the teachers that my child had were amazing. He came in with only a small amount of knowledge from a preschool that had dropped the ball. Since just finishing K, he can now read at first grade level, does double digit math (1st grade level) and can tell time and also has a great respect for the classmates and teachers that he had. The staff all showed loving and tender care for all the students and seemed to focus on individuals needs. Not everone is at the same level of learning, and they taught with this in mind. His teacher, Miss Flores, was very patient and also went the extra mile to give us suggestions and help to get our child to excel. She would hug him at the end of each day and tell him what a great job he was doing. Small children need this kind of love and approval. I'm so very proud of him and so glad we chose Eagle for him. We are now having to move and are trying to find a home within the area so that he can still attend school at Eagle, despite that our family and friends live in north Phoenix. The education level is superior to other schools out there.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2008-2009.

Asian 4% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 39%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:15am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mrs. Heidi Simms
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (602) 323-5401

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Individually guided instruction

• Creative writing
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • American Sign Language

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom