Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are embarking on our fifth year in the South Mountain Community. We are a Kindergarten - Seventh grade campus. We focus on academic greatness with a postive character development program. Our curriculum is individualized to meet the needs of our diverse learners. We pride ourselves as a great place to learn! We have an amazing staff of individuals that come together for our students each and every day. We are looking forward to a great school year!
July 28, 2012

Posted June 25, 2014
We are absolutely grateful we found Eagle College Prep, our K just finished her her first year there as a 1st grader. The whole environment of school from the front office staff all the way to maintenance is awesome!! The teachers are very supportive and care about each individual students and are always communicating with parents and also the PTA does an awesome job with fund raising for the school. I would highly recommend this school and the lottery process/waiting list for this school is well worth it once you get in! I can't wait for Eagle HS!

Posted March 20, 2014
My child loves her third grade teacher at Eagle! Her teacher has helped her come out of her shell this year! She feels welcomed in her classroom, and is always excited to go to school. I'm very impressed with her academic progress, as well. Our family loves EAGLE!

Posted February 05, 2013
Absolutely AMAZING. My son is in Kindergarten and his teacher is seriously the best. After a horrible experience with another teacher at another school, I was so happy to have a teacher who really cared. The school is so well organized. The front office is great. The best decision I have made is to put my son in this school.

Posted July 29, 2012
Last year was our family s first year going to this school and we love Eagle! Excellent teachers mixed with a loving and nurturing environment. I feel Eagle has positively impacted my children s ability to comprehend materials and be more focused and excited about learning!! The admin staff has always been warm and accommodating to all of our needs, including being sensitive to my child s special needs. My family is very thankful for such a quality school so close to our home.

Posted July 28, 2012
I'm a parent of 6 children and have had my children in school for over 30 years. We adopted 3 more children when our older kids were in high school. We moved a few years ago from the midwest and were looking for a school for our elementary children. A neighbor told us about Eagle College Prep. We are so impressed with this school and our children love it. It is by far the best school we have ever had our children in. The teachers are great and really care about their students and I love the new principle. She always has time for the students and the parents. Her door is always open to all of us. If you are looking for a great school for your children, I would highly recommend Eagle College Prep. I love this school and love the staff.

Eagle College Prep 3

Posted July 28, 2012
The students, teachers and support staff at EAGLE are wonderful. The rich character that is taught and the loving teachers is why I decide to send my children to EAGLE. Unfortunetly, the administrators and executive staff make horrible decisions for the school. They do not support their staff against unruly parents or from the lack of cooperation from fellow teachers. The principal is nice, yes, but she is not a good leader. The administrators make decisions that allow students to endure 100+ degrees heat everyday for both outside music and lunch. Where does all the money go? Why hasn't Educational Enterprises Inc invested in a cafeteria? The money certainly hasn't gone to our children. Shame on you EEI.

Posted July 28, 2012
EAGLE College Prep is driven by its mission of academic greatness and positive character development in a safe and supportive learning environment. I am proud to be part of the EAGLE team that works relentlessly in fulfilling this mission. The staff, teachers, and administrators strive to provide a student-centered learning environment where all students can achieve greatness in education. Our learning environment includes whole/small group instruction and cooperative learning. We also build a foundation for student success by focusing on character development using Character Counts! As we begin our fifth year, we are looking forward to inspiring over 600 students in the South Mountain community and will continue to work hard for them. LOVE EAGLE!

Eagle College Prep 1

Posted July 21, 2012
We have been at Eagle for two years, and have decided that we needed to leave. The teaching staff was great, and the curriculum was good too. But the administration and office staff are so unprofessional and disorganized, we actually debated taking our child out early. As a volunteer, I saw the many ways that this school cuts corners, and was very disappointed with how declined the school had become this year. I understand that space/finances are limited, but testing desks in the hallways, rationed copying for teachers (so they are unable to adequately print ASSIGNMENTS), teachers grading papers on the stairs, crowded and insufficient testing computers(even with the expansion for next year it is still insifficient!), and a music room outside in 100+ heat does not make a good learning environment. With the building of a new charter school in the community, the office staff and some adminstrators became rude and demeaning about families considering attendence there. What sealed our decision was when those same administrators specifically shared those thoughts and ideas with my CHILD (not me!) on several occasions. Make a better choice Laveen! This school is not what it says.

Eagle College Prep 1

Posted July 19, 2012
As a parent, I feel it is my duty to let other parents know why I have chosen to opt out of Eagle as my choice for education for my children. I have two children. My daughter is excelling and this school is definitely not the challenging her gifted needs. My son has been bullied (rocks were thrown at him) and I do not think this school addressed this issue thoroughly. My other concern is the lack of planning. It's hard to believe, but my kids ate lunch in the classroom. This is not the most hygenic learning condition. Both of my kids have music outside as there is not adequate space for classroom instruction. Phoenix really is not the place to have outoor music class. If you ever ask teachers to see the science curriculum you may be shocked because it is seriously lacking. Administration is not open to communication as many events and important notices are sent home late and office personnel need to be more kind and helpful. I am saddened that this school has not invested in technology, or a real music class, or a simple cafeteria. I am also sad to see some of the best educators have left.

Posted July 16, 2012
My daughter is entering her third year at Eagle and my other daughter is starting Kindergarten. What makes this school special is the parents and the teachers. Everyone I have met at the school has been very helpful. I know most of the teachers on staff. When my oldest went to public school for two years I only knew who her teacher was. She always had behavioral problems in public school. Since starting Eagle she has changed dramatically and she is consistently on honor roll. The parents take their time to be involved in the school. It really feels like family. The facility is small and yes they could use another building but I am willing to grow with the school. Many other parents and teachers have decided to "jump ship" for the latest fancy school . I truly believe the grass isn't always greener and they will regret leaving. If you are looking for a school that will provide your child with a stellar education, this is it.

Eagle College Prep
2450 West South Mountain Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85041
Last modified Eagle College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle College Prep Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top