School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are embarking on our fifth year in the South Mountain Community. We are a Kindergarten - Seventh grade campus. We focus on academic greatness with a postive character development program. Our curriculum is individualized to meet the needs of our diverse learners. We pride ourselves as a great place to learn! We have an amazing staff of individuals that come together for our students each and every day. We are looking forward to a great school year!
July 28, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 28, 2016
No, there is favoritism from the staff towards the popular kids. The teachers are new and don't stay long. My daughter had 2 teachers in one year, the first teacher was a substitute.

Eagle College Prep 1

Posted July 28, 2016
The new principal is changing the wonderful culture Eagle once had. They don't care about the kids, there is a lot of politics among the administration.

Eagle College Prep 2

Posted February 02, 2016
Administration is horrible and has been for the past few years. Administration appears to show favoritism to their "friends." Administration does what they want with no regard to their students and families. Administration does not make decisions that are in the best interest of their students, but rather for themselves. The principals use their authority to their advantage and no one can do anything about it. I say this with years of experience with EAGLE, Administration does not adhere to their mission and does not perform to their full potential due to inconsistencies in their teaching methods and staff turnover. The majority of teachers are great but the Administration makes it very difficult to want to continue to send my child there.

Eagle College Prep 2

Posted November 09, 2015
As is the case with many charters, many teachers are not certified. Seventh grade math first quarter 2015 was a disaster, and nearly all students failed due to an incompetent and last minute teacher that was hired. Teacher and administrator turnover is extremely high.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 09, 2015
Several teachers are not certified. Charters are not required to hire certified teachers in the state of Arizona, so they are not breaking any rules.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 09, 2015
Homework is consistently assigned over school breaks. Large projects, etc are always assigned preventing the students needed time to recharge and rest over their break.

Posted June 25, 2014
We are absolutely grateful we found Eagle College Prep, our K just finished her her first year there as a 1st grader. The whole environment of school from the front office staff all the way to maintenance is awesome!! The teachers are very supportive and care about each individual students and are always communicating with parents and also the PTA does an awesome job with fund raising for the school. I would highly recommend this school and the lottery process/waiting list for this school is well worth it once you get in! I can't wait for Eagle HS!

Posted March 20, 2014
My child loves her third grade teacher at Eagle! Her teacher has helped her come out of her shell this year! She feels welcomed in her classroom, and is always excited to go to school. I'm very impressed with her academic progress, as well. Our family loves EAGLE!

Posted February 05, 2013
Absolutely AMAZING. My son is in Kindergarten and his teacher is seriously the best. After a horrible experience with another teacher at another school, I was so happy to have a teacher who really cared. The school is so well organized. The front office is great. The best decision I have made is to put my son in this school.

Posted July 29, 2012
Last year was our family s first year going to this school and we love Eagle! Excellent teachers mixed with a loving and nurturing environment. I feel Eagle has positively impacted my children s ability to comprehend materials and be more focused and excited about learning!! The admin staff has always been warm and accommodating to all of our needs, including being sensitive to my child s special needs. My family is very thankful for such a quality school so close to our home.

2450 West South Mountain Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85041
Last modified Eagle College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.