Bad
Good

Constitution has been a good school for many years. We have become part of the ASU TAP program. There have been major improvements made throughout the entire school, including topics that don't get tested. Students are showing growth in their ability to make positive choices, how to handle themselves in given situations, and learning to respect others for who they are. We are looking forward to another great year of learning.

Our son is in the fifth grade at Constitution and our daughter went there just over 10 years ago. The school participates in programs like "The National Spelling Bee" and "Jr. Achievement" - where the students can benefit practical experience and exposure to business. I was absolutely shocked when I researched The National Spelling Bee participating schools and saw how FEW were enrolled! I'm so glad and PROUD that Constitution still sees the importance of education. The school staff is helpful and friendly; and the atmosphere is positive and energetic. The kids are decent to each other and that says alot I think. Constitution Elementary has not only been a consistently well run school, but also an asset to the community here in N. Phoenix. Thank you Constitution Principal, Teachers and Staff! from John and Julie Koehler/parents

I have been teaching at Constitution for 17 years. The teachers are total professionals and really do care about each child. I am retiring this year and I would like to say what a pleasure it has been to be a part of this faculty. At this school, children are more important than awards, meetings, and tests. I think each child is given the respect they deserve and need.

My experience with this school has been good. My kids are doing well in academics. I think the principal and the teachers care about kids. Also, I really like that the school has an open gym at 8:00 am every morning. My kids enjoy playing sports before school starts at 9:00.

I had a 3rd and 5th grader this past school year. They do work very well in the special education department and my daughter enjoys the music program but I had a problem with her teacher communicating with me when my daughter was receiving lower grades. It wasn't until the end of the quarter when the report cards came out that you realize "Oh, no! My kid is on the verge of failing". The biggest problem that I came across was the bullying issue that went on throughout the year. When it was brought to the teacher's attention, it was addressed in a timely manner, but apparently the punishment was not severe enough because the issue did not get resolved. I think the only other drawback was the late start time (9:00 a.m.) for the school day. I would say this is at best a mediocre school with room for improvement.

I have a 3rd grader at this school. She will not be attending this school next year. I do not like the teachers or school policys

I have a child in 1st grade and I like his teacher and the fact that she sends home stuff every week so I know exactly what he is doing. However, I have a child in the 5th grade and there is no communication between the teacher and the parent as far as what you child is learning or what they did in school this week. There is no homework sent home because students aren't returning it so I don't know what my child needs help in until the grades are sent home. I do really like the teacher however and so does my child.

I believe there is no consistent discipline at this school. There are racial issues, bullying, fights and nothing is being done to stop or prevent this from happening. The kids are out of control and show no respect for authority.

i belive this school is not academically set. test scores are fine, but what about year round? of course scores will be high when you practice for a month or more. i don't feel year round that my child had recieved a good education.

Last modified Constitution Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.