Cordova Middle School

Public | K-8

Posted June 19, 2013

This school was by far the worst school my kids have been in. And since I have been ill a lot of my life they have gone to like 4 different schools. My kids begged me not to send them to school. They were made fun of because of their race. This was by far the worst year of my life to watch my kids be so happy one year then go to this school and be so miserable. I remember I went to a parent teacher conference and I heard a 5th grader say such foul words that I wouldn't say if you paid me. Also there was one teacher that was referring to children by their race and I heard her. I would give this school a negative 5 stars!!!

Posted May 20, 2010

My years in Cordova have been unforgetable! I only have two more years left in this school, but Cordova has many students that perservere and try to reach the standards. Cordova is a great school with an unforgetable experience.

Posted April 12, 2010

I strongly believe that of all the schools in the Alhambra Elementary School District, Cordova is the best. The teachers care about you and WANT to work with you! I am currently in 6th grade, and I have been at Cordova since Kindergarten, and I hope to go all the way to 8th grade at Cordova. I have the opportunity to go to other schools, and I have not wanted to go because Cordova is where my heart belongs. I have seen Barcelona, Montebello, Simpson, Catalina, Sevilla, Granada, Andalucia, Carol G. Peck, and Alhambra Traditional. Honestly, I would not go to any of those schools because Cordova is the best!

Posted April 23, 2009

im sarisfied with this school because this school shows special character traits and i would give superiors to Dr.Griffith I am in his class now and he shows me the steps to achieve to 7th grade it's like climbing the stairs thanks best teacher.

Posted April 4, 2009

I'm pretty satisfied with my school. Though all teachers are cool, Mr. Griffith and Mr. Self are exceptionally good. Mr. Griffith actually interacts and teaches to the kids in a way that gets their attention. I'm pretty happy with my school.

Posted February 16, 2009

Over all I feel that Cordova is a great place for my kids. The teachers generally care about the students. There have been a couple of times that I totally took my kid's side of the story -- but once I spoke with the teacher and felt like I understood the entire situation, it was clear to me that my kid made a mistake and the punishment was fair. There is a new principal this year. I feel like the school is much more open and he is always inviting me to come to the school. I haven't been, but I like that I am invited.

Posted October 6, 2008

The Teachers are outstanding, caring, and I cannot say enough good things about them. My child had problems adjusting initially, but with the genuine concern of the Teaching Staff, things have greatly improved. We have other issues which are presently being addressed. My Child is happy there and knows I will make certain it is a safe and happy atmosphere in which to learn.

Posted March 19, 2008

I haven't been to this school in awhile but I would have to give it a 5 out of 5, for the excellent extracurricular activities, great parent involvement, and the excellent teachers, such as Mrs. Bunch, and Ms. Fuller.

Posted February 8, 2006

Very good place for kids - most of the teachers care & develop lasting relationships with the students. Excellent special area programs, and before/after school programs. New principal this year (05-06) - jury is still out on that, but this district is run better than any other in the state.

Posted August 10, 2004

Over all I feel that Cordova is a school in which your child will learn a great deal from. My son just graduated this year, and I'm very proud of him. I can honestly say that so much of it had to do with the teachers and their ability to show the students that they do count and that they can achieve as much as they want in life. My son went on alot of outings which were based on culture awareness. I personally feel that this interactment has opened my childs eyes to the possibilities that life has to offer him. And know that he is able to become however successful he chooses to be. Thanks You teachers for taking the time to care and support our children.

Posted October 15, 2002

Cordova is an exceptional school because of the quality of its academic and community programs. They are interested in what is good for children. Their vision has never been clouded by what everyone else is doing, or quick fix gimmicks. This is what makes Cordova Middle School a leader in education.

Posted October 15, 2002

I am very happy with the curriculum and the response from the teachers with regards to my child's performance.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

178 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

178 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

157 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

158 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

170 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

170 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

169 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

182 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

182 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

179 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

167 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 92%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (602) 973-8416

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now