Posted August 05, 2014
I've been a teacher here for over 15 years. They have the best staff and students. Did you know, Cortez is the only school in the Glendale district without a security guard? Our kids are so well behaved, we don't need one. Cortez takes students from C ranked middle schools and raises them to an A ranked high school. Very few other high school achieve this.

Posted August 04, 2014
As a graduate of Cortez High School and a teacher on this campus for over 10 years I cannot say enough about the hardworking staff and levels of student achievement. Due to the small size students can participate in multiple clubs and sports with increased attention from the staff and administration. Students are not just a number in a crowd but individually greeted by a team of teachers that can work collectively to meet their educational needs. Honors students are able to work within a close-knit group that share many courses and struggling students are provided with the intervention and extra instructional time that is needed.

Cortez High School 2

Posted July 26, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009
Awesome school! Great teachers! Friendly Environment, I strongly suggest you send your kids here!

Cortez High School 3

Posted March 08, 2009

Cortez High School 1

Posted December 08, 2008

Cortez High School 1

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted October 07, 2008
I could not have asked to have graduated from a better high school in the Phoenix area. After graduating in 2007, I have realized what a great education I had received by comparing my education to other students in my University. The teachers are not just there to teach. They are there because they care about their students and want them to have the highest education possible.

Posted October 02, 2008
My son is a senior at Cortez. Sending him to Cortez has been the best decision of his education so far. Cortez is a school where a student can thrive and provides an environment to be all they wish to be. I can say that the experience has been awesome. The admin staff, the teachers and the students make this an exceptional school!

Posted August 31, 2008
The best school on this side of the Mississippi, as Mr. Hernandez our old principal would say. It's an amazing school, many friendly people, more than safe enviroment, and staff that are willing to run the extra mile to push teir students to succeed. I'm proud to be a cortesian =D

Cortez High School
8828 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Cortez High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cortez High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top