Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,159

Posted August 05, 2014
I've been a teacher here for over 15 years. They have the best staff and students. Did you know, Cortez is the only school in the Glendale district without a security guard? Our kids are so well behaved, we don't need one. Cortez takes students from C ranked middle schools and raises them to an A ranked high school. Very few other high school achieve this.

Posted August 04, 2014
As a graduate of Cortez High School and a teacher on this campus for over 10 years I cannot say enough about the hardworking staff and levels of student achievement. Due to the small size students can participate in multiple clubs and sports with increased attention from the staff and administration. Students are not just a number in a crowd but individually greeted by a team of teachers that can work collectively to meet their educational needs. Honors students are able to work within a close-knit group that share many courses and struggling students are provided with the intervention and extra instructional time that is needed.

Posted March 31, 2009
Awesome school! Great teachers! Friendly Environment, I strongly suggest you send your kids here!

Posted October 07, 2008
I could not have asked to have graduated from a better high school in the Phoenix area. After graduating in 2007, I have realized what a great education I had received by comparing my education to other students in my University. The teachers are not just there to teach. They are there because they care about their students and want them to have the highest education possible.

Posted October 02, 2008
My son is a senior at Cortez. Sending him to Cortez has been the best decision of his education so far. Cortez is a school where a student can thrive and provides an environment to be all they wish to be. I can say that the experience has been awesome. The admin staff, the teachers and the students make this an exceptional school!

Posted August 31, 2008
The best school on this side of the Mississippi, as Mr. Hernandez our old principal would say. It's an amazing school, many friendly people, more than safe enviroment, and staff that are willing to run the extra mile to push teir students to succeed. I'm proud to be a cortesian =D

Posted August 28, 2008
Thiz is my first year at cortez h.S.And so far it been awesome all my teachers are great help...They will make your future easier and faster...Im a freshman and im really excieted to be in this h.S im proud of cortez... Go colts!!!!....Woo hoo=]

Posted July 18, 2008
I love Cortez! I'm am so glad that I had the opportunity to transfer when I did. My teachers are amazing and make me think they are there for me individually. I'm in all accellerated classes and have a great gpa. I owe all that I have accomplished through my high school career to Cortez and its outstanding staff!

Cortez High School 4

Posted February 20, 2007
I'm very happy that my daughter attends Cortez. I had a feeling before she started that it was a ghetto school and I have found an undeserved reputation. I will proudly send my elementary age son to Cortez.

Cortez High School 1

Posted October 03, 2006
My child has been a student at cortez high school for three years. In that time, I have seen a great decline in the overall feel of the school. I find the staff to be very harsh. Particularly principal hernandez.Parents, if you have a child at this school, please become involved. Know what is going on at the campus! If you are contemplating having your child attend, my best advice is don't.

8828 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Cortez High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cortez High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top