Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Cortez is a smaller campus where students are able to be involved in many clubs and sports. The student council is outstanding and soccer team has won several state championships!

Amount of homework: Agree

Math homework almost daily, readings and worksheets from other classes a couple times a week

Develops character: Strongly agree

Student papers are checked for plagiarism and group assignments have individual accountability. Students have high standards for dress and attendance

So far this school has been pretty good. My daughter is a foreign exchange student and she really likes it here. She likes Student Council the most I believe and the teacher of that class is amazing. He has gone above and beyond to include her as a foreign exchange student and also to be understanding when she can't participate because of other commitments due to being a foreign exchange student. At the same time we recently have run into problems, where my daughter has been given detention for not having a red pen, and then detention for not doing detention right. (Keep in mind she is a foreign exchange student and a good student and never has had detention before.) Also, as someone who works in education it is disappointing that a student is penalized for not having a red pen in class. In life if you don't have the materials you need to be prepared, you are not always PUNISHED, you are MORE OFTEN THAN NOT made to think about how else you can make what you have work in the situation...that should be what is taught in these situations, not teachers trying to show they have authority and power along with wasting a students time.

I have worked at Cortez High School as a counselor and teacher for almost 10 years. CHS is a special community. The entire faculty and staff goes above and beyond for the student body. The students are held to high academic standards and supported in a variety of ways to reach their goals. I'm so grateful to be apart of the CHS family.

I have been a teacher at Cortez High School for 21 years. I started my teaching career here and I will retire soon and I've always enjoyed teaching at Cortez. It's an awesome school. Our teachers are committed and go above and beyond for our kids. The culture here is that we (administrators, teachers, and staff) care and we work hard and smart so that our students achieve. This school is safe and the students get along and are well behaved. I never wanted to teach anywhere else.

I have been a teacher at Cortez High School for 3 years. Cortez High School is a fantastic high school! There is a high rate of school spirit. Students are well-behaved and work hard. The best thing is that students are held accountable and expected to learn, which they do! In addition, there are a lot of great opportunities to get involved in a variety of sports and clubs! Students can also take advantage of a rigorous and successful AP(Advanced Placement) program. I highly recommend Cortez High School!

I've been a teacher here for over 15 years. They have the best staff and students. Did you know, Cortez is the only school in the Glendale district without a security guard? Our kids are so well behaved, we don't need one. Cortez takes students from C ranked middle schools and raises them to an A ranked high school. Very few other high school achieve this.

As a graduate of Cortez High School and a teacher on this campus for over 10 years I cannot say enough about the hardworking staff and levels of student achievement. Due to the small size students can participate in multiple clubs and sports with increased attention from the staff and administration. Students are not just a number in a crowd but individually greeted by a team of teachers that can work collectively to meet their educational needs. Honors students are able to work within a close-knit group that share many courses and struggling students are provided with the intervention and extra instructional time that is needed.

Awesome school! Great teachers! Friendly Environment, I strongly suggest you send your kids here!

Last modified Cortez High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.