Bad
Good

This school demonstrates what it means to go the extra mile! They are constantly finding new and effective ways to provide a rigorous curriculum that fit the needs of the students as well as programs that help them become well rounded and loving human beings. Thank you Harmony!

If you want your children to be physicaly hurt and their schools supplies vandalize and no one does anything about it, well be more than welcome to bring them here, Eagle "Harmony" it's the perfect place for that!!!

Great school!!! I Im glad I sent my daughter to this school. I couldn't ask for anything better.

For the area this is one of the better schools. The office staff and support staff are all very friendly my experience with the teachers has been very good too. The problem comes in with the fact that the school is trying to run before they learn to walk. They need to build a better foundation first. Also there is a negative climate towards the kids. I often see teachers snapping at students or telling them they are intentionally doing things wrong when it feels more like children just being children. I think the staff in General is just very grumpy with the children and perhaps if the school was more established they would all take a breath and be kinder to the kids. It's better than a lot of the schools around it but it's missing the feeling of teachers who love their students. Instead it feels a bit too much like a scientist with his lab rats. He wants them to succeed but doesn't really believe they have any feelings or rights. Also the school does not have recess for every student outside every day they cycle recess because of the limited space which I think is a disservice to the children. Kids need to burn of energy outside not just inside with board games.

The school is better than most. I see a lot of students reading and giving speeches, in all the grades. The blended learning is helpful for those students who require a little more or little less help. The DOWNSIDE: school doesn't have a gym or cafeteria. Kids eat outside in the sun on picknic tables. I see the same PTA people, few. I don't see a lot of other parent participation like at our previous school. But could be better if more parents are involved with their kids and help them be proud of school.

Eagle Harmony is a great school! Learning, safety, and behavior are top priorities to all staff members. The blended learning style used is very innovative and allows scholars to work at their own pace and be challanged at their level. The teachers are given the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table and think outside the box. If something proves to not work or be a good fit for the school, appropriate changes. Notice I refer to the students as scholars. I love it! The college bound seed is planted in their heads as early as possible so that it is never really a question for them IF they will go to college, but rather, WHERE they will go to college. Fridays are college t-shirt days/Eagle school spirit days and their various learning groups are named after various colleges/mascotts. The major downside to the school is the small outdoor area for playing and the fact that their is no cafeteria. They do get lunches catered to the school and there are picnic bench areas to eat outside. However, during the hot months, scholars are pretty cramped eating in the classrooms. There is a phase in the works to have a gym built within a few years though, so that will help a lot!

Fully disgusted with the local failing school district, I lucked into Eagle Harmony College Prep, and am blessed to have done so. The most amazing staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Eagle has a new way of doing things. They don t expect the student to learn in a way that's best for the teachers; they create a learning environment that is best for the student. I'm a foster mom and at times, my three can be challenging, but as a team we work through the hardships and have created three little people that now dream of going to College (one ASU, one Oregon, and the other NAU). They sing the ASU fight song on demand; not even my 18 year old son that goes to ASU knows the fight song! The school is not about passing tests, but about developing little people that are trustworthy, kind, hard workers, and overflowing with strength and character. Last weekend, my 8 year old found a Nintendo 3DS and $10 at the park. He ran it right home and gave it to me. As he walked out the door he asked, Am I being trustworthy? I replied, Yes! of course, but I walked away and giggled to myself What 8 year old thinks about being trustworthy? It doesn t get any better than Eagle~

This is the first school my child has had the pleasure of attending and overall the experience has been good. I have seen my child go from being illiterate at the start of the year to reading at a 3rd grade level halfway through kindergarten! The staff is kind & caring, very dedicated to their scholars. The emphasis on character has been amazing and helps to reinforce the morals we instill at home. The reason I am not rating 5 stars is because I would like to see more of an emphasis on math, sciences, & very importantly foreign language! While the school really excels in English our children need more knowledge in technical areas to be successful in a society that is becoming more & more science based. I also feel not offering Spanish classes in AZ is a disservice to our children. Parent involvement is average, hopefully will increase as the school grows. Harmony does however do an excellent job of offering many outside opportunities for the students to attend like math & reading rocks night to make education a family affair. Overall, great job & I hope to watch my child continually grow with Harmony!

Eagle has been a blessing to our family, coming from a small farming community to a city, we welcome the hands on approach the school has. We believe they truly care for our childs future.

My Grandson is a second year student, he has excelled above and beyond our expectations. due to the guidance of the excellent Teachers and Strong Leadership and of course Challenging Academics, I am proud of Eagle / Harmony look forward to watching them grow.

Last modified Eagle College Prep Harmony is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.