Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Eagle College Prep Harmony 3

Posted September 27, 2014
For the area this is one of the better schools. The office staff and support staff are all very friendly my experience with the teachers has been very good too. The problem comes in with the fact that the school is trying to run before they learn to walk. They need to build a better foundation first. Also there is a negative climate towards the kids. I often see teachers snapping at students or telling them they are intentionally doing things wrong when it feels more like children just being children. I think the staff in General is just very grumpy with the children and perhaps if the school was more established they would all take a breath and be kinder to the kids. It's better than a lot of the schools around it but it's missing the feeling of teachers who love their students. Instead it feels a bit too much like a scientist with his lab rats. He wants them to succeed but doesn't really believe they have any feelings or rights. Also the school does not have recess for every student outside every day they cycle recess because of the limited space which I think is a disservice to the children. Kids need to burn of energy outside not just inside with board games.

Posted April 01, 2014
The school is better than most. I see a lot of students reading and giving speeches, in all the grades. The blended learning is helpful for those students who require a little more or little less help. The DOWNSIDE: school doesn't have a gym or cafeteria. Kids eat outside in the sun on picknic tables. I see the same PTA people, few. I don't see a lot of other parent participation like at our previous school. But could be better if more parents are involved with their kids and help them be proud of school.

Posted August 14, 2013
Eagle Harmony is a great school! Learning, safety, and behavior are top priorities to all staff members. The blended learning style used is very innovative and allows scholars to work at their own pace and be challanged at their level. The teachers are given the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table and think outside the box. If something proves to not work or be a good fit for the school, appropriate changes. Notice I refer to the students as scholars. I love it! The college bound seed is planted in their heads as early as possible so that it is never really a question for them IF they will go to college, but rather, WHERE they will go to college. Fridays are college t-shirt days/Eagle school spirit days and their various learning groups are named after various colleges/mascotts. The major downside to the school is the small outdoor area for playing and the fact that their is no cafeteria. They do get lunches catered to the school and there are picnic bench areas to eat outside. However, during the hot months, scholars are pretty cramped eating in the classrooms. There is a phase in the works to have a gym built within a few years though, so that will help a lot!

Posted March 19, 2013
Fully disgusted with the local failing school district, I lucked into Eagle Harmony College Prep, and am blessed to have done so. The most amazing staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Eagle has a new way of doing things. They don t expect the student to learn in a way that's best for the teachers; they create a learning environment that is best for the student. I'm a foster mom and at times, my three can be challenging, but as a team we work through the hardships and have created three little people that now dream of going to College (one ASU, one Oregon, and the other NAU). They sing the ASU fight song on demand; not even my 18 year old son that goes to ASU knows the fight song! The school is not about passing tests, but about developing little people that are trustworthy, kind, hard workers, and overflowing with strength and character. Last weekend, my 8 year old found a Nintendo 3DS and $10 at the park. He ran it right home and gave it to me. As he walked out the door he asked, Am I being trustworthy? I replied, Yes! of course, but I walked away and giggled to myself What 8 year old thinks about being trustworthy? It doesn t get any better than Eagle~

Posted March 19, 2013
This is the first school my child has had the pleasure of attending and overall the experience has been good. I have seen my child go from being illiterate at the start of the year to reading at a 3rd grade level halfway through kindergarten! The staff is kind & caring, very dedicated to their scholars. The emphasis on character has been amazing and helps to reinforce the morals we instill at home. The reason I am not rating 5 stars is because I would like to see more of an emphasis on math, sciences, & very importantly foreign language! While the school really excels in English our children need more knowledge in technical areas to be successful in a society that is becoming more & more science based. I also feel not offering Spanish classes in AZ is a disservice to our children. Parent involvement is average, hopefully will increase as the school grows. Harmony does however do an excellent job of offering many outside opportunities for the students to attend like math & reading rocks night to make education a family affair. Overall, great job & I hope to watch my child continually grow with Harmony!

Posted March 19, 2013
Eagle has been a blessing to our family, coming from a small farming community to a city, we welcome the hands on approach the school has. We believe they truly care for our childs future.

Posted March 19, 2013
My Grandson is a second year student, he has excelled above and beyond our expectations. due to the guidance of the excellent Teachers and Strong Leadership and of course Challenging Academics, I am proud of Eagle / Harmony look forward to watching them grow.

Posted July 26, 2012
This school is one of the best i have ever had my child in. the teachers and staff are so wonderful. They use tons of technology and have very innovative learning paths. the school is ver diverse and their new location is state of the art. I will never take my child to another school again.

Posted May 18, 2012
This first year at Eagle Harmony has been a wonderful one for our family. Since this is Harmony s first year of course there has been normal growing pains. But Harmonys staff, teachers, and Principal have been great. The Principal is very helpful, she is very involved in the school from greeting the children in the morning, sending out info, helping in the class, attending PTA meetings, and so much more. Every morning the teachers greet the children at the classroom door, what a way to start the day! My daughter has learned so much this year and really found her love of reading, this is in part due to her teacher. Ms. Golbon is top notch, she is amazing with the kids. The movement/dance class that the kids attend every day has been wonderful, the kids all enjoy it and it gets them outside and moving. Going to a Performing Arts school was very enjoyable for our daughter. Harmony does have the expectation that parents will be involved in all aspects of their child s education, which is great. I also love the focus of citizenship with a loving emphasis. I highly recommend Eagle Harmony. I know they will continue to do great thing for the children and community.

Eagle College Prep Harmony
, Phoenix, AZ  85041
Last modified Eagle College Prep Harmony is a Charter school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle College Prep Harmony Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top