Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 25, 2014
I have seen fantastic results since my daughter started with this school. She has improved on reading, spelling, Math and most importantly her self confidence. Students get to be recognized by all the staff members, my daughter enjoys being known by name. This is a great environment for all the children to learn and excel in their studies. The mentality at this school is not if they are going to college but where they will attend the college. If you are aiming high for your child, you will benefit from enrolling your child here at SSA-Ahwatukee.

Posted April 18, 2014
Sonoran Science Academy- Ahwatukee, is a great school!!!! Super friendly front desk person, always smiling. This school also has a very strong, friendly and encouraging Principal team and group of the happiest teachers I have ever seen. I Love this school!

Posted April 17, 2014
Sonoran Science Academy Ahwatukee, my daughter scores just keep increasing thanks to the great teachers and administrative staff. She is excited about going to school, making new friends with a great diverse background. I Love AHWATUKEE SSA!!!

Posted April 17, 2014
Excellent school, Great teachers I would recommend this school to anyone. My daughter loves to go to this school. No complaints. Teacher parent communication is very good. No regrets for choosing Sonoran science academy Ahwatukee... The only improvment I want in my child is better handwriting. Other than that, we appreciate the way all the lessons are taught, parents are given an outline of what will be happening the following week in the class. I also like the coolsis system where all the notifications of your child's behaviour is sent on an ongoing basis.

Posted April 15, 2014
I have been teaching in this school for over 3 years.I love to see the enthusiasms on our students face every single morning.Our parents and students like the small and family environment at SSA-Ahwatukee. Staff members are dedicated ,supportive , amazing . . . You must check it out to see the difference that the school will made on you and your family . . .

Posted April 08, 2014
Sonoran Science Academy~ Ahwatukee is an awesome school! We have an excellent, dedicated, passionate group of teachers that have the children's best interest in mind. We're a small family oriented environment where we all know one another by name. We believe instilling high expectations, and superb character! We honestly believe that every child has a potential, and it is up to us to help them reach their potential. Come in and meet with us...

Posted April 08, 2014
My husband and I made the best decision to enroll our children at this school. Our kids are finishing up their second year and has excelled in many ways. Not only did they thrive in STEM education, they've flourished socially. Parents are friendly and involved. The teachers are personable and knowledgeable: each one truly cares about their students and works hard to see their students succeed. The rest of the staff and administration are well-qualified and friendly, making this ultimately the best charter school in the area!

Posted April 07, 2014
I have had both of my girls attend to this school for the last three years. The teachers are awesome. The administration is very open, and supportive. We had to leave this year because we moved out of the state, I wish I was able to have them graduate from SSA- Ahw. Their academics have excelled greatly over the years. My kids have shown improvement not only for their academics, but also for their social skills. The school has a fairly big library, a gym, and a computer class. They offer computer skills like typing and office. I just can't say enough about these people, and the impact they had on my family. I am truly thankful and highly recommending this school to anyone who wants a good education for their kids.

Sonoran Science Academy - Ahwatukee 1

Posted March 18, 2014
School is horrible, compare it to other schools and it is no standing higher then any low rated public school, too many safety issues, to many bulling going on, no responsibilities from teachers or staff/ administration,everyone is blaming each other, and ignoring actual issue, learning is ???, teachers let kids re do the tests just to make grades look higher for school reputation, felt so sorry for kids and pulled them out, now they are trully very happy in new school, learning so so much more then in ssa, Respect yourself and love your child by NOT CHOOSING Sonoran Science Academy....

Posted March 01, 2014
My child went to SSA Ahwatukee for three years and got a top-notch education and lots of great memories. Since then he's excelled at his current school, and credit is due to SSA for setting him up for success. I'll always be grateful for this school. At the time he registered, SSA was the only STEM school option in Ahwatukee - they knew STEM before STEM got fashionable. And we are thankful for that. Worth checking out as one of the top schools in the area.

Sonoran Science Academy - Ahwatukee
14647 S. 50th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Ahwatukee is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Ahwatukee Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top