School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Painted Rock Academy's teachers and students are amazing! Thanks to their efforts, we have earned "A" ratings from the AZ Dept. of Education. It's a joy to work with such great kids and dedicated, creative teachers. If you are looking for a rigorous academic curriculum that also includes Art, Music, P.E., Spanish, and Technology classes, you will find we have all that here. We believe in individual student accountability, and we welcome parent involvement. Our teachers are nurturing, and we make sure to maintain a safe school for your child. We have high academic and behavior expectations for the students, and the kids are happy to rise to the challenge. Past students from Reid Traditional Schools have a history of success in advanced Honors, AP, and IB high school classes. A strong traditional foundation (including instruction in phonics, memorized math facts, handwriting, algebra, history, grammar, classical literature, and critical thinking) sets the stage for future achievement. We are enrolling students now for the current school year, so come visit me at Painted Rock Academy and learn how we can help meet your family's education goals.
October 9, 2014

Posted April 03, 2015
I have been a parent involved with PRA since its opening 3 years ago. I was a teacher for many years before becoming a stay at home mom. I worked in public schools and did not know too much about charter or traditional learning. I have been very pleased with what we have experienced here at PRA. The curriculum is rigorous, yet effective. My child was reading in kindergarten and is continuing to thrive through 2nd grade. The staff is caring, and although the students are pushed a bit out of their comfort zone, it's done with care and strategic scaffolding. Administration is approachable and have always followed through with any request I have had. I find it humorous to read the negative reviews below... If the school is so awful why is your child still there? There are many choices. I am continually impressed by Paibted Rock Academy and very happy we made it our choice. I highly recommend!

Posted March 29, 2015
I totally agree with the last review. This school is a joke. I can't wait for this year to come to an end so that I can pull my kid out of this school. Having a tough and challenging curriculum is of no use if the teachers spend zero time teaching the kids. All the burden is on the kids and the parents. The teachers are way too tough on the kids and have no concept of encouraging the kids when the kids try to work hard. Their rigid grading only makes the kids give up. Some teachers also resume to bullying the kids. I don't understand what kind of values they are trying to teach the kids. And yes they have no policy to curb bullying. Unfortunately there is no way to give zero stars here.

Posted March 11, 2015
this school is considered to be great .That's a joke, your kids is just another pay check. For example, you pay for full kindergarden,lunch even if your child qualifies for free lunch , boulders club and the other ridiculous ways they can find too make money so they can pay off there loan. the communication between teachers and parents is terrible and this whole school is structure like a prison when it comes to discipline, your child gets homework without no explanation and lastly the teachers treat your children with no respect trust i have seen a teacher make a student look like sh** in front of other peers and they have zero bullying tolerance policy right. These policies they have in place will sure make a difference in your kids self - esteem and cause depression. Especially with the red, yellow markings. I would not recommend this school to anybody and the parents that have great reviews are part there staff so observe for yourself and don't fooled. by how it looks and all the so called Academics priority speech there not excellent they are below average.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 16, 2015
I want take this opportunity to recognize and appreciate Mrs. Goshow, who is a 3rd grade teacher at Painted Rock Academy. Not only she is an experience teacher, she is fair, and works to see improvement in each of her student. I have seen my daughter's improvement with being organize, accountable for her own things, and improving in her weak areas and I am thankful to Mrs. Goshow.

Posted January 13, 2015
When my son Damion first started this school in august of 2013. I knew this school was there right choice for my son and best part the kids learn tools that will benefit their future and personal life. I love Mrs. Weeks she is amazing and she is a master in the education area. My son have her for 2nd grade this year and he learn so much. So , the next time you are looking for a warm loving, safe environment. yet, certify specialists in education and great staff. Think Painted Rock Academy. Almost forgot the chef is great she have nutritionist meals yet very tasty.This school go above and beyond I love it...
2 people found this helpful

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 2

Posted December 16, 2014
My son went to this school last year and part of this year. He attended preschool last year, and we paid $315 dollars per month for him to go to school 2.5 hours per day. He did not learn his alphabet or numbers there (he learned more at home with me practicing), but he did learn to sit still and listen in class. This year, he began attending half-day (3.5 hours) kindergarten. He would come home exhausted from doing nothing except sitting and doing worksheets all morning. His class would do upwards of 10-12 worksheets, front and back, per day. No recess, no snack time, no play time, just worksheets. Some parents can handle this, but I want to see my son enjoying school, and that never happened while he was at Painted Rock.
6 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
WE NEED SMALLER CLASS SIZES. tHIS WAS ONE REASON I CHOOSE PAINTED ROCK. NEED MORE TIME FOR P.E.

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 4

Posted August 05, 2014
I am a parent of two, and my kids have attended Painted Rock since it began in 2012. I have been very happy with the education they have received, and would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a back-to-basics, stable learning environment for their children. The staff is exemplary-they will not leave your student by the wayside-on the contrary, they will do everything possible to help your child succeed. My kids have participated in tutoring when it was needed-and the teachers stay in close contact via email, or phone calls when necessary. We have a great principal and vice-principal, who are very visible throughout the school day...even popping into classrooms to fill in, when needed. I have always felt like the administration was truly listening, and trying to figure any issues out that I have brought to them. This is a school with kids ranging from 4 years old, to 14....there WILL be issues that come up! But, they will not be swept under the rug. As well, the office staff is always very friendly and helpful, and the cafeteria staff knows the kids, and daily dish out hugs as well as good food! A great school indeed!

Posted July 24, 2014
As a PRA parent I find the below comment to be blatant and over exaggerated. My daughter has been with PRA since they opened the doors in 2012. I am constantly amazed at how this school knows no boundaries, the students are challenged and being pushed- all of this I find to be a asset to my daughters future. It is refreshing to find a school that still values the "traditional foundations of learning" (ie, math facts, sounds, reading skills). I have found the staff to be 100% and I have never been more proud of what my daughters has accomplished in the past two years.

Posted July 21, 2014
1st grade was our first and only year at this school and I can't even begin to tell how horrible it is. My son who is known for how well he behaves was getting red everyday. Sometimes for things as small as being excited to go outside for lunch time.We had to switch teachers because his first one wrote DID NOTHING in red big letters across his paper. When I asked her about it she started arguing with me in front of her class My son goes to speech therapy and when we had the only meeting we had his teacher was 20 min late and didn't apologize or give any reason why. The principle during this same meeting started scolding my son in the middle of the IEP meeting about being to emotional at the play ground the day before. It was very very inappropriate! As the year progressed I asked his home room teacher about how speech therapy was going and she replied idk that has nothing to do with me. I reply with can you please have the speech teacher call or email me so i know how he is doing. Not once not even now have I still not heard from the speech teacher. I wouldn't recommend this school to and enemy. Teachers and principle are the worst I have experienced.
4 people found this helpful

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools
14800 N. 25th Dr, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top