School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Painted Rock Academy's teachers and students are amazing! Thanks to their efforts, we have earned "A" ratings from the AZ Dept. of Education. It's a joy to work with such great kids and dedicated, creative teachers. If you are looking for a rigorous academic curriculum that also includes Art, Music, P.E., Foreign Languages (5), and Technology classes, you will find we have all that here. We believe in individual student accountability, and we welcome parent involvement. Our teachers are nurturing, and we make sure to maintain a safe school for your child. We have high academic and behavior expectations for the students, and the kids are happy to rise to the challenge. Past students from Reid Traditional Schools have a history of success in advanced Honors, AP, and IB high school classes. A strong traditional foundation (including instruction in phonics, memorized math facts, handwriting, algebra, history, grammar, classical literature, and critical thinking) sets the stage for future achievement. We are enrolling students now for the current school year, so come visit me at Painted Rock Academy and learn how we can help meet your family's education goals
November 28, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Painted Rock Academy has an amazing staff, curriculum and focus for the education of your children. My twin girls attended their preschool program where they were given an amazing start to their educational careers. Under the fabulous, intelligent and loving teachers my daughters excelled beyond imagination; they were well prepared and ready for kindergartner. Today the twins are top of their class, excelling rapidly. I definitely feel that the specialized attention given to each twin encouraged them to reach for the stars! Thank you Painted Rock Academy for your incredible preschool program!!!!!

My child attends Painted Rock Academy's Preschool program. I was very concerned about her expressive speech delays and since she has started there, she has made incredible progress! The lead teacher and classroom aide are incredibly supportive, and they understand the "whole" child. They are not just focused on my child's academic performance, but her social maturity as well. They are incredibly empathetic to me as a parent and understand my anxiety and always put me at ease, by communicating all of my child's triumphs and challenges. My child loves coming to school, showing me her work and telling me all about her day and what she learned! I highly recommend!!!

Amount of homework: no rating

Great staff and great education. Teachers work hard to teach our children, administration listens to concerns and students thrive.

I have 3 children who currently attend this school, all 3 with IEP'S and 1 has been diagnosed with ADHD. At first, getting everything in motion was a little tough for 2 of my children as we had to rewrite their IEP'S, their old school kinda missed a few things and they had to be retested. During the waiting period, the school staff was very accommodating and made sure they still got the help they needed even though the IEP'S weren't set up yet. I was very pleased with the resource team and the teachers my children had. They put in great effort to make sure my children were well cared for, and had everything they needed and were comfortable doing what needed to be done. There wasn't any one thing I felt left out of, or felt uncomfortable with. The teachers and staff are easy to get a hold of, email or phone, and are pretty quick to respond. My son has a hard time with change, but every person he dealt with has been nothing but accommodating and understanding with him. Every parent I've run into that says they are having trouble with their current school for their children, I always recommend Painted Rock Academy. I will never not recommended them. It's been the best choice I've ever made for my children's futures. They've excelled in so many ways. They've grown so much just by going here. My kids are more happy than they were. Their attitudes are different for the better. Academics are great!! My kids are learning things they would of never gotten a chance at in their old school. The Spalding classes are amazing! And they help a great deal. In short, this school is amazing. And it is tough work, but so so worth it!!

Don't bring your child here if they have special needs (an IEP). This school wants kids who fit their mold and that means kids that are already excelling and have no special needs/educational challenges. They will tell you they will support your child's needs because legally they are required to do so, but once in the teachers have a very obvious lack of enthusiasm (I would even say a disdain) when it comes to supporting the needs of a child who requires extra support. I would go as far as to say our child was treated with hostility and I believe the goal was to get us to leave. It worked! We switched teachers at first but saw the same attitude from the next teacher and knew this was not the place our child should be. We do have a child who is at the top of her class and she did well for the brief time at this school. It's just not a good fit for those with special needs. I hope this review helps someone avoid making the same mistake we did.

We transfer from valley academy a couple of years ago and we made the right decision, the teachers are wonderful and everyone always works together. Looking forward for the great job we know Mr. Bauer will do as the new principal.

Inflexible and shortsighted. Won't assess, test or interview a child to determine maturity, skill level or aptitude just because they are 1 week younger than the cut off date. This school treats all the kids the same, doesn't consider the child as an individual just a birthdate. They clearly don't adhere to their mission statement, just pigeon hole kids and warehouse them. How disappointing.

Amazing staff and teachers. My daughter is challenged and stays very engaged in her education.

Last modified Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.