School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Painted Rock Academy's teachers and students are amazing! Thanks to their efforts, we have earned "A" ratings from the AZ Dept. of Education. It's a joy to work with such great kids and dedicated, creative teachers. If you are looking for a rigorous academic curriculum that also includes Art, Music, P.E., Spanish, and Technology classes, you will find we have all that here. We believe in individual student accountability, and we welcome parent involvement. Our teachers are nurturing, and we make sure to maintain a safe school for your child. We have high academic and behavior expectations for the students, and the kids are happy to rise to the challenge. Past students from Reid Traditional Schools have a history of success in advanced Honors, AP, and IB high school classes. A strong traditional foundation (including instruction in phonics, memorized math facts, handwriting, algebra, history, grammar, classical literature, and critical thinking) sets the stage for future achievement. We are enrolling students now for the current school year, so come visit me at Painted Rock Academy and learn how we can help meet your family's education goals.
October 9, 2014

Posted January 16, 2015
I want take this opportunity to recognize and appreciate Mrs. Goshow, who is a 3rd grade teacher at Painted Rock Academy. Not only she is an experience teacher, she is fair, and works to see improvement in each of her student. I have seen my daughter's improvement with being organize, accountable for her own things, and improving in her weak areas and I am thankful to Mrs. Goshow.

Posted January 13, 2015
When my son Damion first started this school in august of 2013. I knew this school was there right choice for my son and best part the kids learn tools that will benefit their future and personal life. I love Mrs. Weeks she is amazing and she is a master in the education area. My son have her for 2nd grade this year and he learn so much. So , the next time you are looking for a warm loving, safe environment. yet, certify specialists in education and great staff. Think Painted Rock Academy. Almost forgot the chef is great she have nutritionist meals yet very tasty.This school go above and beyond I love it...
2 people found this helpful

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 2

Posted December 16, 2014
My son went to this school last year and part of this year. He attended preschool last year, and we paid $315 dollars per month for him to go to school 2.5 hours per day. He did not learn his alphabet or numbers there (he learned more at home with me practicing), but he did learn to sit still and listen in class. This year, he began attending half-day (3.5 hours) kindergarten. He would come home exhausted from doing nothing except sitting and doing worksheets all morning. His class would do upwards of 10-12 worksheets, front and back, per day. No recess, no snack time, no play time, just worksheets. Some parents can handle this, but I want to see my son enjoying school, and that never happened while he was at Painted Rock.

Posted November 24, 2014
WE NEED SMALLER CLASS SIZES. tHIS WAS ONE REASON I CHOOSE PAINTED ROCK. NEED MORE TIME FOR P.E.

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 4

Posted August 05, 2014
I am a parent of two, and my kids have attended Painted Rock since it began in 2012. I have been very happy with the education they have received, and would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a back-to-basics, stable learning environment for their children. The staff is exemplary-they will not leave your student by the wayside-on the contrary, they will do everything possible to help your child succeed. My kids have participated in tutoring when it was needed-and the teachers stay in close contact via email, or phone calls when necessary. We have a great principal and vice-principal, who are very visible throughout the school day...even popping into classrooms to fill in, when needed. I have always felt like the administration was truly listening, and trying to figure any issues out that I have brought to them. This is a school with kids ranging from 4 years old, to 14....there WILL be issues that come up! But, they will not be swept under the rug. As well, the office staff is always very friendly and helpful, and the cafeteria staff knows the kids, and daily dish out hugs as well as good food! A great school indeed!

Posted July 24, 2014
As a PRA parent I find the below comment to be blatant and over exaggerated. My daughter has been with PRA since they opened the doors in 2012. I am constantly amazed at how this school knows no boundaries, the students are challenged and being pushed- all of this I find to be a asset to my daughters future. It is refreshing to find a school that still values the "traditional foundations of learning" (ie, math facts, sounds, reading skills). I have found the staff to be 100% and I have never been more proud of what my daughters has accomplished in the past two years.

Posted July 24, 2014
Getting ready for our family's 3rd year at PRA...my son is going into 4th grade, my daughter into 2nd grade, and my youngest is starting Kindergarten this year. Painted Rock has exceeded our expectations. I was unfamiliar with traditional curriculum, and after I was educated about it I admit I was a little apprehensive. Not sure my children would be able to keep up. Although the curriculum is rigorous, the teachers have been very intuitive and meet the individual needs of both of my kids. They have gotten stellar grades, and my youngest can't wait to start Kinder. I have recommended this school to many, and will continue to do so.

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 1

Posted July 21, 2014
1st grade was our first and only year at this school and I can't even begin to tell how horrible it is. My son who is known for how well he behaves was getting red everyday. Sometimes for things as small as being excited to go outside for lunch time.We had to switch teachers because his first one wrote DID NOTHING in red big letters across his paper. When I asked her about it she started arguing with me in front of her class My son goes to speech therapy and when we had the only meeting we had his teacher was 20 min late and didn't apologize or give any reason why. The principle during this same meeting started scolding my son in the middle of the IEP meeting about being to emotional at the play ground the day before. It was very very inappropriate! As the year progressed I asked his home room teacher about how speech therapy was going and she replied idk that has nothing to do with me. I reply with can you please have the speech teacher call or email me so i know how he is doing. Not once not even now have I still not heard from the speech teacher. I wouldn't recommend this school to and enemy. Teachers and principle are the worst I have experienced.

Posted March 13, 2014
We moved our children to this school since they were bored in their other school. My third grader is doing 4th grade math and my Sixth grader is learning more in All his subjects than before. They are challenged both by the curriculum, structure, and also the teachers. The teachers in both grades keep the students moving and as they progress in their learning so do the expectations in the classroom. I feel they are learning more now than they did last year. Great job PRA! Keep the students moving and challenged. We are required to help out at the school in some ways. I get constant emails from the students' primary teachers about how the kids are doing and where we can help them continue to improve. You get a great education for your children at this school, which shows the utmost care for the students and the teachers really care about the success of the students. The administration is very supportive of their teachers, the parents and always encourage parental participation.

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 2

Posted March 12, 2014
Thus far, this school is not delivering on the promises made to the community. The academic standards are dreadful. My child did more advanced topics last year and will have to spend time over the summer taking classes so the child does not fall behind peers at more advanced schools. Before enrolling, we asked about accelerated classes. We were told the school standard is accelerated therefore they do not offer advanced classes. If this were true, it would be a great school. Thus far, most classes have been average to below average level. Additionally, the school's rigid policies and procedures in middle school hamper development and preparation for high school. If the school could provide the academics and environment to the level they promised, it would be a wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and knowledgeable. Parents want to be involved. Unfortunately, parent involvement is hampered by school policies that reduce communication and fail to foster a cohesive school community. Until these issues are resolved, it is full of unrealized potential.

Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools
14800 N. 25th Dr, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Painted Rock Academy - Reid Traditional Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top