Posted October 05, 2014
Veritas in one word -- Disappointing. Wow in just one year they have sunk to new lows. They proclaim to seek the good the true and the beautiful but in reality they settle for the lesser good the lesser truth and the lesser beauty. What a loss!

Posted August 03, 2014
Hands down the best school experience we could ask for. There is a reason there is hundreds of families waiting on a list to get in. The Great Heart Program works.

Posted March 14, 2014
My child has been three years at Archway coming from a local private school. Overall the experience has been great with every teacher going above and beyond what we had seen in the private school. They integrate concepts like anatomy and physiology into PE making learning fun. Computers in the classroom would be a benefit as we all know video can get ideas across faster than words often. My wife and I are both professionals who appriciate the value of math and science- but the arts and literature aspect of the school really inspires our child. This school may have strict policy regarding dress and bullying but we have had no problems with these issues in our three years. I think these policies and the long waiting list to get in help make families feel accountable for their childs actions because there are many children waiting to get in. No school is perfect for every child but if yours is happy here I think it is a great choice.

Posted January 05, 2014
We have had 2 kids at Archway Veritas since it first started and have had an amazing experience. I find that the people who complain about it are usually the helicopter parents who want to control the classroom, the school is not for everyone. This is a school that has high standards for education and runs a top noch program that is raising expectations for our kids. It is a school that focusing on being well rounded and less on the latest trends or technology. Kids are taught to write, read, and ask questions. The standards and techniques are similar to what you would find in an elite prep school. The Arizona standards for education are some of the lowest in the country, so for parents looking for something more for their kids, this school is for you. They have a system that works. They have 2 full time teachers in every class. They have taken out so much of the chaos you see in a normal classroom and created a more organized learning environment. It is hard and it takes a commitment...as long as you understand that when you sign up, then you will not be disappointed.

Posted January 05, 2014
Amazing school that will challenge your child. If you are looking for a school that will give your kids a well rounded education this is miles ahead of any other school we have experienced.

Posted October 25, 2013
At first I was so excited when my kids got accepted in to Archway School. At First day at school, I already knew that we will be up for a challenge. Teachers were very cold, non communicative and not helpful. I think its due to the very young age and inexperience of teachers. Uniform code is extremely strict, I mean very, very strict. Classroom are tiny and kids get very little recess time during the day. They are using some old way of teaching, like Spalding. Literature for very young children is quite old time too. The school has a feeling of a very old tightly run catholic school. I pulled my kids out of school after 3 months being there. When I came over to get official withdrawal from school, the principal assistant was arguing with me, was very rude and unprofessional. Her behavior only confirmed why I decided to leave the school. I am sure as the school builds experience (this is their 2nd year) they will fix (hopefully) some of their issues. But at this point I want my children to be excited to go to school, that is nurturing and motivating.

Posted September 24, 2013
Great Hearts - Archway Veritas is an excellent school! They have high expectations of their students and excellent commitment to learning from the teachers in the classroom through the Administration. I have never seen a school so committed to learning. Every teacher offers additonal tutoring to any student that wants it. The Art & Music teachers are exceptional, teaching not just the words to a song or lines on a paper but the foundation of both as well as about composers and artists from a historical perspective. If you are looking for a school where you can make excuses for your students behavior and "helicopter parent" your student out of the learning experience this is NOT the school for you. This school offers a "Classic" education. For the parent who left the 1 star review clearly they did not research this school before sending their child there as the expectations are evident from the first time you tour the facility.

Posted September 23, 2013
If your child does not learn the "right way" or write the "right way" or cannot seem to sit in his chair without a few wiggles, please seek elsewhere. Save yourself the agony and the ego-driven conferences with administration. Think want to be military school with less experienced teachers. This lack of experience makes classroom management not adequate for the non-typical child. There are students here who have nightmares and feelings of inadequacies due to their teachers. To respond to the comment below about computers, wake up! Technology has exploded and computers are replacing the average worker. This is the future.

Posted July 08, 2013
I would rate this school higher if I could. They have great teachers and high academic and disciplinary standards. Uniforms, as well as a focus on learning instead of the latest fads, create an excellent school culture. From the teachers to the after school clubs, there is nothing not to like about Archway Classical Academy of Veritas. Submitted by a student.

Posted June 30, 2013
We have been so pleased with our child's education this first year at ANP! The courses have been challenging but engaging. We love the fact that it is a well rounded classical education. As to a previous post regarding a lack of computers in the classroom, I find it refreshing. So much more can be gleaned by reading a book on the subject than a google excerpt . The teachers and administration are all focused on assisting the parents in raising well rounded children; mind, body and soul.

Great Hearts Academies - Archway Veritas
, Phoenix, AZ  85018
Last modified Great Hearts Academies - Archway Veritas is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Hearts Academies - Archway Veritas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top