Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 5

Posted September 02, 2015
The principles taught to all three of my children (Kinder, 2nd, 3rd) are principles that will carry them through out education and beyond. Dr. Winsor has truly found the key to success that far exceeds the tradition public schools take on education. I would highly recommend Paideia to all parents in the area.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 02, 2015
The use of the app ClassDojo is amazing this allows me to have a peek at what is going on in class, and how my children are behaving, the teachers are in constant contact with me as a parent, which allows me to breath a little easier during my day. Miss Jones (Kinder) has been so attentive to my son and his growth as the first day was not the greatest for those that have Kinder students, lots of tears and fears for both parents and students. My daughter (3rd grade) was recognize early on for her leadership skills which shows how well teachers are able to engage with students

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
The start of each morning is unlike any other school I have experience students begin there day by motivating each other and themselves. I encourage you to YouTube Paideia morning routine you will be amazed.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
My child (Kinder) was recognized early on for his help in problem solving on the playground. This is not an easy task when children are playing at recess, so to have someone acknowledge his effort was great to hear.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
Dr. Brian and his staff truly care about each and every child attending, they worked very hard in ensuring my children have a wonderful experience. They model the behaviors expected from each child.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 28, 2015
Paideia Academy has instilled in its culture the Leader In Me program. Everyone in the Paideia community learns the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. This program is implemented with nearly all scholars having leadership roles in the school. The curriculum instills in the scholar a sense of curiosity and intellectual inquiry. This is Paideia's 4th year in operation and each year it evolves into a greater place of learning.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 2

Posted March 10, 2015
I agree with the comment below about class dojo. For some reason some teachers have become obsessed with this and it seems like a misuse of class time. I am completely against and did not sign the form to participate in it. My child is probably the only one in the class who is not participating and it was evident the teacher was not happy we didn't participate. When my child comes home and tells me that her questions are not answered or that she is told there is not enough time to spend on a subject then there should be no class dojo. On a different topic, not only have my kids complained on several occasions that they are forced to throw away their lunch because their lunch time is up when they only get 12 min to get their food and eat it and sadly I have witnessed this happen to other students when I am there for lunch. When I am there, the staff doesn't rush my kids- must be because I am there. The school is intentionally deceiving parents by indicating lunch is 30min but in reality, only 12 min are given and then kids are forced outside for recess even when they tell the staff they are hungry and not finished eating. Not acceptable.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 2

Posted March 09, 2015
Last year my kids had amazing teachers. I would sing the praises of the school far and wide. This year is terrible for one of my kids- constantly being picked on by the teacher. Pulled into another classroom to be ridiculed by another. Spelling tests are graded and returned weeks later, told projects will be completed in class - weeks later teacher decides no time and kids need to complete them on their own. Phone calls home during work hours to inform u your child talks during class. Too much emphasis on class dojo - wonder if some of the teachers have time to teach. Feeling very sad at the way this school year turned out. My other child is thriving so I guess it depends what teacher you end up getting. Looking for a new school.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 5

Posted January 17, 2015
I do not feel that this school gets the credit it deserves. Scores are very unfair. This school has a score of the surrounding schools, it's new students are new, it's reteaching and cleaning up students from all the surrounding schools. I have working and seen many schools over 20 yrs and never seen one with such dedication and the level of teaching is remarkable. GO VISIT, SIT AND WATCH FOR YOUR SELF, I GUARANTEE YOU AL SO WILL GIVE THE .HIGH SCORES

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 4

Posted January 17, 2015
I love this school. It is rare to find a school that teaches character and leadership building as part of the daily curriculum with regular academics. Paideia Academy is that school. This is the second year my children have attended this school and I am amazed at their vocabulary and the pride that they show in themselves. We live in a world where morals and values are drifting away and this school is bringing that back and leadership skills with the 7 Habits. The staff and the teachers truly are invested in the whole family. If there are any things I think the school could improve on would be more performing arts, offering classes to learn a second language and the use of more technology in the classrooms. This a school that most parents would feel blessed to have their child/children attend.

7777 S 15th Terrace, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified Paideia Academy of South Phoenix is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paideia Academy of South Phoenix Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top