Posted January 17, 2015
I do not feel that this school gets the credit it deserves. Scores are very unfair. This school has a score of the surrounding schools, it's new students are new, it's reteaching and cleaning up students from all the surrounding schools. I have working and seen many schools over 20 yrs and never seen one with such dedication and the level of teaching is remarkable. GO VISIT, SIT AND WATCH FOR YOUR SELF, I GUARANTEE YOU AL SO WILL GIVE THE .HIGH SCORES

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 4

Posted January 17, 2015
I love this school. It is rare to find a school that teaches character and leadership building as part of the daily curriculum with regular academics. Paideia Academy is that school. This is the second year my children have attended this school and I am amazed at their vocabulary and the pride that they show in themselves. We live in a world where morals and values are drifting away and this school is bringing that back and leadership skills with the 7 Habits. The staff and the teachers truly are invested in the whole family. If there are any things I think the school could improve on would be more performing arts, offering classes to learn a second language and the use of more technology in the classrooms. This a school that most parents would feel blessed to have their child/children attend.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 1

Posted September 05, 2014
This review is for the 2014-2015 school year. I hope this helps parents. 1) I love that students can bring a morning & afternoon snack, it helps my kids stay focused. 2) Not happy at all to see lunchtime this year REDUCED from 15min to 12min. Ridiculous! 3) grading scale changed and a 'C'=80%. This is just plain unfair to students 4) My 7yr old tells me she hates reading now.I ask why she says because during class reading time they are not allowed to ask the teacher for help if they can't pronounce a word or don't know its meaning. Why send my kid to school if the teacher won't be a teacher? 5) Concerns with the 4th grade teacher: sent home book report packet with unclear instructions. Was told to visit the teacher website if we have questions. I found the assignment posted exactly as the teacher took it from another website. Showed instructions for the teacher as to how to present& gave examples. I went over it with my child and ended up doing his teacher's job. We did not encounter anything remotely close to these issues last year or year before. 6) Lots of teacher turnover- and many of the great one's have left. 7) We will be withdrawing our kids from the school.

Posted May 23, 2014
This school is awesome! So many resources available for the parents, students and caregivers. I really enjoy the after school activities.

Posted May 09, 2014
Paideia Academies is a school that goes above and beyond expectation. Their teachers motivate children to acheive their highest potential. Instead of the traditional classroom model of "shut up and learn" they break the mold and teaching becomes an interactive process. Their model has not only helped teach my children but has instilled in them confidence in their own abilities. Paideia Academies provides a loving and caring environment that enables all its students to express themselves while learning how to be .The administration, Mrs. Mendonca and Dr. Winsor are just as amazing as the teachers. They remain involved with their students beyond registration and reprimanding which is a model that so many other schools can benefit from. Paideia makes you feel like it is more than a school, more like a family. Paideia Academies provides the opportunity for children to learn and grow in a safe and caring environment. It is rare to find one teacher that has the passion to teach students beyond the boundaries of the classroom and it is even rarer still to find a school that does.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 2

Posted April 05, 2014
Poor school. Great philosophy's ... Poor execution. Magical with words, disgraceful with actions. Even the teachers keep on leaving. Not what we were promised when we toured the school.

Posted April 01, 2014
My son has been attending this school for two years. As it was brand new when we first enrolled, we didn't know what to expect. Each year, we've observed the school getting better and better! Paideia incorporates the Core Knowledge Sequence, Spalding Writing Road to Reading, Junior Great Books, Shared Inquiry, Singapore Math, Foss, and Engineering is Elementary. Paideia adopted the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People in 2013 which builds leadership & character in young scholars. The other day, after school, a scholar asked me if I needed help carrying items to my car as my hands were full, my jaw almost dropped! Another young scholar, who was exiting the building as I was entering, backed up, allowing me and my toddler to go through first, amazing! In 2014, the Urban Garden and the Paideia Orchestra were created! The principal's dedication to this school cannot be matched! He is involved with everything from taking the boys on Boy Scout trips to digging in the dirt to prepare the garden to implementing the best programs possible for this school! We look forward to many more years at Paideia and we can't wait to find out what new exciting things lie ahead!

Posted March 15, 2014
I have no idea where the two reviewers have gotten their information, but I am a hopeful teacher for next year at this school. I have substituted several times since January 2014, and I assure you, they surely DO check references for teachers.They may not have the highest test scores in the valley, but you have to remember - this is only the second year this school has been open. Also, test scores are not the end all and be all of education. What happened to the idea that our children have to really function in the real world when they get out of school.This school is progressive in the concept of not only teaching the students the basics, but also teaching them how to work together for the common good, and how to think outside the box. To watch these students work together as well as help raise each other up is absolutely beautiful to behold. They do work on raising test scores, and their curriculum is second to none. Give this school a chance... I'll wager this school will be one of the most sought after schools for your child to attend in the next five years. I literally envision an application process and waiting list for your child to attend this school in the next few years.

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix 1

Posted December 04, 2013
Terrible school, below average teachers. Administration is shoddy at best. Lowest test scores in the area.

Posted September 13, 2013
I truly love this school! My youngest of 3 children is a Paideia Scholar. The quality of education he has received while enrolled at Paideia far exceeds my experiences with my oldest two boys, who also began their educational journey through the Charter School system. Dr. Windsor's vision of whole child education is amazing to behold! The teachers are amazing, especially Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Courier! I love that woman! She set my child off to a wonderful start! Love, Love, Love Paideia!

Paideia Academy of South Phoenix
7777 S 15th Terrace, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified Paideia Academy of South Phoenix is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paideia Academy of South Phoenix Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top