Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 13, 2016
Archway North Phoenix is the best school my son has ever attended. We have traveled extensively and he has attended many schools. This school has the most dedicated and friendly team. The feeling within the school is one of dedication, care and professionalism. Both his teachers are fully committed to supporting, guiding and teaching our son who goes to school with a happy and willing to learn attitude. Thank you Archway North Phoenix!

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep
Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 11, 2015
Thank you for making this school great and staying on top of school's and student's needs. Teacher, Student/Parent participation is very important in school's and student's success.

Posted December 11, 2015
Great school, great facility and teachers. Students are well behaved and follow school rules. Kids show great interest in academic participation and educational experience with their fellow students and teachers. Great improvements over the last few years.

Posted May 22, 2015
Great school, great faculty and great environment for children to learn and grow. We hope the school and teachers keep up the good work of providing the best education and learning environment for the children.

Posted March 04, 2015
After researching every school in AZ, I am so glad I chose Archway North Phoenix. I have 2 kids here (K & 2nd). Both are doing great, which is a result of the amazing, loving, invested teachers. Yes it is academically rigorous, but they teach up to EVERY child, and give tutoring when needed. Lots of individual attention with a full-time and assistant teacher per class. Students also have classes 2/week (with a specialized teacher) in Music, French, Art, and P.E. They offer after-school sports and clubs like running, choir, astronomy, chess, recorder, soccer, basketball, flag football, drawing, drama. Teaching is based on the Socratic method so students are engaged and interact with the teacher. I also like that they give comprehensive written evaluations, not just a letter grade, and grade as much on "depth of inquiry and sense of wonder" as on proficiency. Great activities and field trips with parent chaperones, including, the zoo, AZ Science Center, The Nutcracker, farms, horse ranch, symphony performance at the school, movie nights, plays, Greek Olympic competition, etc. The school emphasizes honesty, integrity, humility, courage, perseverance, friendship - and it shows.

Posted December 26, 2013
This is our first year at Archway, and we are thrilled! Previously, my daughter was at a highly rated traditional public school in Scottsdale. We were frustrated, because her performance was mediocre, but it didn't seem as though she was adequately challenged. She is in second grade, and the work at Archway is leap and bounds above what we were seeing from her last year. There is quite a bit more homework, but it seems to give family time a little more substance! I enjoy reading with her as the required material is classical and substantive. The poetry memorization is beyond my expectations, and my daughter has mastered all of the memorization assignments. In addition to the academics she is learning values and responsibility. I can't ever imagine going back to traditional school.

Posted November 08, 2013
Very impressed. Finally found a school for my son where he can be challenged to excel. Since emigrating from England, this is the first school I've encountered where I've thought that the level of the lessons are age-appropriate. The general academic level of teaching at every other school we've looked at (and tried) in Phoenix is very poor, being about 1-2 years too low per grade compared to an equivalent European education.

Posted September 20, 2013
We have been very happy with the school. our son came from public school and adjusted very well. Teachers are great and helpful. Discipline is required and expected, and kids get used to that quickly. Curriculum is challenging, but my son is so interested in everything they did in history or science, that it has not been a burden at all.

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep 4

Posted March 01, 2013
Since coming from public school to North Phoenix Prep our whole family is very pleased. My daughter is challenged and receiving A's and a couple B's and has adjusted nicely. Everyone at this school has always been positive, caring and respectful. I have yet to hear anything negative come from any of the teacher's mouths. I am particularly impressed with how organized the school is especially for it being their first year. I would have given the school 5 stars if there was a music and drama program and some playground equipment. Other than that I am blessed to have all 3 children between Archway North Phoenix and N. Phoenix Prep.

Posted February 25, 2013
I am so grateful for NPPA and their wonderful environment. The teachers are fantastic! The personal attention my child receives both in and out of class is incredible. These teachers give so much of their time providing before and after school tutoring. It is a challenging curriculum but any child who is willing to work hard and take on a challenge can be successful at NPPA. The headmaster is very hands on and is quick to address concerns that arise. Additionally, the parent community is active. The character of the school is outstanding. Academically there is no comparison to our previous school as NPPA is far superior.

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep
13613 N Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.