Posted December 26, 2013
This is our first year at Archway, and we are thrilled! Previously, my daughter was at a highly rated traditional public school in Scottsdale. We were frustrated, because her performance was mediocre, but it didn't seem as though she was adequately challenged. She is in second grade, and the work at Archway is leap and bounds above what we were seeing from her last year. There is quite a bit more homework, but it seems to give family time a little more substance! I enjoy reading with her as the required material is classical and substantive. The poetry memorization is beyond my expectations, and my daughter has mastered all of the memorization assignments. In addition to the academics she is learning values and responsibility. I can't ever imagine going back to traditional school.

Posted November 08, 2013
Very impressed. Finally found a school for my son where he can be challenged to excel. Since emigrating from England, this is the first school I've encountered where I've thought that the level of the lessons are age-appropriate. The general academic level of teaching at every other school we've looked at (and tried) in Phoenix is very poor, being about 1-2 years too low per grade compared to an equivalent European education.

Posted September 20, 2013
We have been very happy with the school. our son came from public school and adjusted very well. Teachers are great and helpful. Discipline is required and expected, and kids get used to that quickly. Curriculum is challenging, but my son is so interested in everything they did in history or science, that it has not been a burden at all.

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep 4

Posted March 01, 2013
Since coming from public school to North Phoenix Prep our whole family is very pleased. My daughter is challenged and receiving A's and a couple B's and has adjusted nicely. Everyone at this school has always been positive, caring and respectful. I have yet to hear anything negative come from any of the teacher's mouths. I am particularly impressed with how organized the school is especially for it being their first year. I would have given the school 5 stars if there was a music and drama program and some playground equipment. Other than that I am blessed to have all 3 children between Archway North Phoenix and N. Phoenix Prep.

Posted February 25, 2013
I am so grateful for NPPA and their wonderful environment. The teachers are fantastic! The personal attention my child receives both in and out of class is incredible. These teachers give so much of their time providing before and after school tutoring. It is a challenging curriculum but any child who is willing to work hard and take on a challenge can be successful at NPPA. The headmaster is very hands on and is quick to address concerns that arise. Additionally, the parent community is active. The character of the school is outstanding. Academically there is no comparison to our previous school as NPPA is far superior.

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep 4

Posted December 20, 2012
Coming from a small private school, we were impressed! Curriculum is FAR more challenging, teachers are of a higher caliber, Headmaster is great and our kids love it. Teachers are motivated, kids are kind, respectful and responsible. Not at all snooty like some preps or private schools. Uniforms required, but kids like them and look great. Just waiting for a band program so I can give them 5 stars. Lots of opportunities for parents to participate...it's welcomed here.

Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep
13613 N Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Hearts Academies - North Phoenix Prep Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top