Posted December 01, 2014
My son has been going here for 2 years now and I love everything about this school. It has been a very positive experience for us both and Principal Lanese seems to genuinely care about all of the students.

Posted October 04, 2014
The Self-Contained Gifted Program at DCES is stellar. Mr. Lanes is an amazing leader and the kids learn all the right values here

Posted July 21, 2014
Desert Cove has been amazing for my child, who is now going into 4th grade. I have another starting K in the fall. We moved to the area from Scottsdale schools, and I have found the principal, teachers, and all staff to be more involved, more considerate of the students' needs, and more attentive than the "best" schools in Scottsdale (which my older kids attended). The level of parent involvement is great, and I find the activities hosted by the PTO to be outstanding and well-attended. I would recommend this school to any and all of my family & friends!

Posted May 22, 2014
Desert Cove Elementary is fabulous from the principal (Mr. Lanese), to all the teachers, but especially the SCG teachers, to the staff and of course, the kids. Everyone here is polite, friendly, helpful and extremely qualified. We have felt so welcome and our daughter has thrived and excelled at Desert Cove.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son switched to this school last school year and he has just improved so much from his previous school which had him to the point of hating to go, but now with the wonderful teachers and staff he once again enjoys going and is getting very involved in activities. Such a nice and pleasant learning environment.

Posted February 11, 2013
We couldn't be more pleased with this school. The principal is warm, engaging, and hand-on, and he creates such a positive atmosphere for both students and staff. The school uses a positive-behavior based behavioral program and really employs it, posting expectations throughout the school and constantly reminding the kids what is expected of them. The teachers are incredible and seem very happy to be a part of this school. The school holds kids to a high standard -- both academically and behaviorally -- and rewards them when they meet that standard. Thank you for making this such a positive environment for both parents and kids.

Posted December 21, 2012
I've had 3 children attend Desert Cove; my youngest is still currently a student there, and one of my sons was in a special ed self contained class. The teachers are professional, organized, caring and have been great for my kids. The current principal is approachable and always there; he knows the kids and is an encouraging figure. I have had two small issues with other children that were dealt with immediately and professionally. There is no bullying here, and our experience has been that the staff and parents have been supportive and caring to the students. I have recommended Desert Cove to other parents.

Desert Cove Elementary School 1

Posted December 13, 2012
Terrible school my son went there for his 6th grade I've noticed that teachers and even the principal would treat him differant because he was hispanic they would not talk to him in english even though he spoke it very well and was constantly being sent home and for some reason the principal would always call him up to her office to talk about things he was being blamed for and always resulted in him actually not doing anything on one occasion at a school confrence i was speaking to my son in spanish and was told very rudely to speak english by the staff

Posted August 02, 2012
I have nothing but great things to say about Desert Cove!! I have 3 kids attending. My oldest has been attending since Kindergarden (2007) and will be starting 5th grade next week. We have moved out of district and the kids refused to go anywhere but Desert Cove! The PTO is great with a huge parent involvement. I have spoken one on one with the principal with any concern I have, and always am very impressed with the outcome! The teachers are very involved and always available to meet after or before school. My kids and I give Desert Cove an A+.

Posted May 26, 2012
My son moved to Desert Cove in December. I have been so impressed with this school! The principal communicates and cares about the students. The teachers are amazing and it truly feels like the small private school we could no longer afford. We have not missed a thing and love this school! Academics are top notch, my son is finally challenged. He says the work before was boring but now he loves the type of work he does, the way the teacher works with him, and how interesting each and every day is. This school feels like family and I am out of district. One other thing to meniton, the ladies at the front desk are so kind, friendly and helpful. This is HUGE! After years of trying to get information from the school by our house I have found them to be so comforting and easy to communicate with. It just helps make everything else that is wonderful really amazing... and the PTO is wonderful as well!

Desert Cove Elementary School
11020 North 28th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85028
Last modified Desert Cove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Cove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top