Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

After being part of the community for several years we are horrified by blatant disregard and involvement of school administration when it comes to bullying related incidents. What a disappointment! On the surface it all looks well managed but there are some major issues

Great teachers and support staff. Most staff readily available to speak with and most issues are resolved immediately. Fun school events throughout the year.

Moving from Oregon was a concern for me since Arizona is known to have lower school academics, but DC made the transition smooth for my children. Both of my children have attended DC since we moved here in 2012. They have loved their teachers and I have been very happy with their teachers and the communication about my children from the staff. The principal is great with the kids and seems to truly care about their education. I would highly recommend DC. I'm very surprised DC is rated only a 6 out of 10 on this site! -Proud parent of two Desert Cove children

2 of my 3 kids go here and it is truly a well run institution

My son has been going here for 2 years now and I love everything about this school. It has been a very positive experience for us both and Principal Lanese seems to genuinely care about all of the students.

The Self-Contained Gifted Program at DCES is stellar. Mr. Lanes is an amazing leader and the kids learn all the right values here

Desert Cove has been amazing for my child, who is now going into 4th grade. I have another starting K in the fall. We moved to the area from Scottsdale schools, and I have found the principal, teachers, and all staff to be more involved, more considerate of the students' needs, and more attentive than the "best" schools in Scottsdale (which my older kids attended). The level of parent involvement is great, and I find the activities hosted by the PTO to be outstanding and well-attended. I would recommend this school to any and all of my family & friends!

Desert Cove Elementary is fabulous from the principal (Mr. Lanese), to all the teachers, but especially the SCG teachers, to the staff and of course, the kids. Everyone here is polite, friendly, helpful and extremely qualified. We have felt so welcome and our daughter has thrived and excelled at Desert Cove.

My son switched to this school last school year and he has just improved so much from his previous school which had him to the point of hating to go, but now with the wonderful teachers and staff he once again enjoys going and is getting very involved in activities. Such a nice and pleasant learning environment.

We couldn't be more pleased with this school. The principal is warm, engaging, and hand-on, and he creates such a positive atmosphere for both students and staff. The school uses a positive-behavior based behavioral program and really employs it, posting expectations throughout the school and constantly reminding the kids what is expected of them. The teachers are incredible and seem very happy to be a part of this school. The school holds kids to a high standard -- both academically and behaviorally -- and rewards them when they meet that standard. Thank you for making this such a positive environment for both parents and kids.

Last modified Desert Cove Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.