Phoenix, AZ

Posted November 25, 2011
Are you athletic. or just a homework kind of kid? then df is the school for you. they have excellent staff advanced classes for the smart kids and a read 180 class for those who need extra help:). the cheer basketball ,wrestiling ,softball, volleyball and even more sports are excedding in everything as well . with the basketball team going to districs every year and winning and the cheer squad cheering them on. the cheer team goes to competition and the 8th grade squad ,,,,, the tostidos bowl . it is a blast and the teachers are awesome and not boring at all this is an amazing middle school to go to so dont put it off

Posted August 31, 2011
This school is fabulous! And for the 2011-2012 school year, it has progessed greatly! Instead of boring school work that the students could care less about, the teachers challenge the pupils in a fun, new way. The students who are coming back from the Washington Elementary schools are very welcoming to new kids. My daughter, coming from Deer Valley Unified School District, is only 3 weeks into school and has already made several dozens of friends. The learning process is advanced; Very comprehendable to the pupils, and much better then other districts. Don't hesitate to send your child to this school! You and your student will be very satisfied.

Posted December 01, 2010
This is my second child to attend DF. My daughter had nothing but problems from overbearing teachers that wanted to assert their position in life and try to rule with ridiculous rules and with an iron fist. Some teachers were very nice and she still talks about them to this day. Others were just non responsive...to my daughter and to me. Now my son is there with the same silly rules (read other reviews about book bags/back packs, no homework). A couple of his teachers are great. He looks forward to their classes because he knows they care. Others not so much. It's because of schools like DF that I understand why AZ is ranked 49th in the U.S. in education.

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted February 05, 2010
Two words to describe this school. 'Hypersensitive & Paranoid' This school has the most ridicules rules that I feel has effected my daughter's education there. This school concerns itself more with restricting the use of things like bookbags in the name of safty. I feel that ridiculous rule is effecting the kids education. This school will not allow bookbags (Back Packs) and they do not provide lockers for the students. So because of this, the students do not bring home books. The school does not set up the kids for homework and home studies with this policy. This school has been doing this for years. How has this been going on for so long? I just do not get it. My daughter is in the last part of her 8th grade and I am worried about how it will be for her when she goes into Greenway High School and not have the proper preparation that she should have gotten in middle school. So now she will not have the homework and studying skills that she will need when she starts her Freshman year? The educators in this school district really need to look into this school's policies and rethink if this is really in the best interest for the students. Their learning and their safety. I just do not think so. If I was to do it over, I would have considered another school for my daughter.

Posted November 24, 2009
This is a great school and so far i've never gotten straight A's in elementary school and now i have them and i'm exceeding in P.E. a class which I don't like. Awesome school!

Posted November 01, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009

Desert Foothills Middle School 0

Posted August 04, 2009
I enrolled my daughter into Desert Foothills for 7th grade when it was very late into the school year (there was only 2.5 weeks left) and she loved it. She said that her first day there was a good experience for her...From then on, she had met some really good guys and gals that will become potential friends as she makes her way into another school year there for 8th grade. Then she will get to know her teachers, classmates and the facilty! I believe this was the best decision I had made for her and her education.

Desert Foothills Middle School 3

Posted August 03, 2009
My son enrolled last year for the first time in this district. All his older siblings went to a different Jr high & high school. As this school is not overwhelmingly great, I will say it has a good mix of children. I realize that the budgets are what they are and more teaching staff is probably not going to be a possibility, but I do feel that accelerated courses should be highlighted. Most of the teachers that I was exposed to are caring as well as harried and you get what you put into the school experience. I had no clashes with staff, although there is still a year to go, I do not expect there to be any either.

Desert Foothills Middle School
3333 W Banff, Phoenix, AZ  85053
Last modified Desert Foothills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Foothills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top