Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has attended Maryvale Prep for the past 3 years. He started late after a bad experience with another school. His kindergarten teacher, Ms. Roth was excellent! She welcomed him and helped him feel confident in his abilities. He has had great teachers every year. Mr. Esau is a wonderful headmaster. He is motivating for students and staff. My son loves the coaches too. Really he loves all the teachers and staff. I am grateful for all they do for my son and my other 2 children will be attending as they are of school age.

This is a school that truly cares for their students! All of the staff and educators are amazing.

Maryvale Prep is truly an amazing school! It all starts from the top as it should. The headmaster, staff and faculty all have the same vision. They treat each other with genuine care and respect. This shows itself on how the students are treated. I have witnessed how teachers handle a situation when a child has not made a "good choice" they direct the student in identifying the problem and finding a solution and how to avoid that same situation from happening again. The school models the core virtues by giving their students the right tools to make wiser choices...genius! Academically the teachers are amazing as well. The do have a rigorous curriculum. Always challenging their students to achieve their full potential. For those students that may need more one on one help...MVP teachers do that too. All students regardless of their academic level feel encouraged and like they matter. To them the sky is the limit. Students are encouraged and recognized for demonstrating a core virtue. Having a teacher's aide in class makes such a great difference! I have two students that attend MVP and my family and I are so pleased with the decision to have our kids attend this school.

My son attends Maryvale prep. It seems to me he has a problem everyday. I have to wonder, is it him all of the time or is it that they want boys to behave like girls. Sit still, no horseplay, don't do this, don't do that, NO FUN. Boys are not girls and don't act like girls. Boys are physical beings. The school does not allow for that, not in my view. I may have to move my son b/c he is struggling with that. He's just a boy. What's going to happen when his spirit is broken b/c he cannot behave like a girl? As for academics, I rate them five out of five stars. I love the teachers and the way they embrace the "whole child". In that respect, the school is wonderful.

This school is AMAZING!!! If you have the opportunity to enroll your children in this school, please do!

This school is amazing! The Headmaster is wonderful. He is positive, kind, and always smiling. All of the staff and teachers have been amazing as well. I feel like my children are so much happier and their strengths academically are actually noticed by their teachers. If I had to talk about a negative, I would say that the pick up situation is a little rough,(getting better) but the teachers do their best. The other issue is that the "sanctuary" is in the neighboring church. They use this for meetings with parents and performances. I hope that this is only transitional, and that there will eventually be a performance center or something. This is not a religious school, and it feels like a conflict of interest to be "part of the church." Regardless of those two draw backs, my children are so happy and I drive 30 minute for them to attend. I am so excited they are a part of this school and hope eventually for more distinct separation from the church.

This school is a diamond in the rough. The teachers are phenomenal. The headmaster has a real talent in how to select amazing teachers. They are all so passionate, caring, kind, and understanding. I volunteer on campus and I have never seen anything but enthusiastic and compassionate teaching. I was so sick of the public school system and I was homeschooling my children. It was too overwhelming and I brought them back to school. I neede a school that would meet my standards when it comes to academics, diversity, extracurricular activities, and electives. MVP exceeded all my expectations. From the office staff, to the teachers, headmasters, parents, and children, we are truly one family. The school instills core virtues in their curriculum which teaches the kids to be honest, responsible, humble, courageous, wise, and to persevere, be great friends, and have integrity. Each class must do a community project so they are taught the importance of giving back to the community. Bullying not tolerated at all. Since there is so much teacher involvement it is stopped before it could even start. They have a highly effective discipline system. Best school in the entire state.

Our school has a great school culture and helps students in academics and moral formation!

I am very impressed with MVPA. My great-granddaughter started in kinder last year and is now in first grade. The school offer so many perks. They teach all academics including history, geography, science, music, art, PE and Spanish. They also teach an accelerated language arts and math from kinder up. They also offer before and after school programs for tutoring. Plus after school clubs and sports. The only thing that bothers me is that they insist the girls wear a very expensive skirt that is very strange looking as part of the uniform. They do not allow the better fitting skort for the girls with shapes that are not so slim. I think skirts are also a very bad idea for little girls to be wearing on a playground. The place that sells the uniforms is also in Tempe while the school is in Maryvale. Other than the uniform snafu this school is A+ in my book! The headmaster is awesome and very people orientated.

My son has a great learning experience from this school. He came from public school where he wasn't good at reading but with the help and dedication from his teachers he improved by leaps. I would recommend this school to everyone that are looking for top notch education minus the private fees.

Last modified Great Hearts Academies- Maryvale Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.