Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
This school is AMAZING!!! If you have the opportunity to enroll your children in this school, please do!

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is amazing! The Headmaster is wonderful. He is positive, kind, and always smiling. All of the staff and teachers have been amazing as well. I feel like my children are so much happier and their strengths academically are actually noticed by their teachers. If I had to talk about a negative, I would say that the pick up situation is a little rough,(getting better) but the teachers do their best. The other issue is that the "sanctuary" is in the neighboring church. They use this for meetings with parents and performances. I hope that this is only transitional, and that there will eventually be a performance center or something. This is not a religious school, and it feels like a conflict of interest to be "part of the church." Regardless of those two draw backs, my children are so happy and I drive 30 minute for them to attend. I am so excited they are a part of this school and hope eventually for more distinct separation from the church.

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is a diamond in the rough. The teachers are phenomenal. The headmaster has a real talent in how to select amazing teachers. They are all so passionate, caring, kind, and understanding. I volunteer on campus and I have never seen anything but enthusiastic and compassionate teaching. I was so sick of the public school system and I was homeschooling my children. It was too overwhelming and I brought them back to school. I neede a school that would meet my standards when it comes to academics, diversity, extracurricular activities, and electives. MVP exceeded all my expectations. From the office staff, to the teachers, headmasters, parents, and children, we are truly one family. The school instills core virtues in their curriculum which teaches the kids to be honest, responsible, humble, courageous, wise, and to persevere, be great friends, and have integrity. Each class must do a community project so they are taught the importance of giving back to the community. Bullying not tolerated at all. Since there is so much teacher involvement it is stopped before it could even start. They have a highly effective discipline system. Best school in the entire state.

Posted April 07, 2014
Our school has a great school culture and helps students in academics and moral formation!

Great Hearts Academies- Maryvale Prep 4

Posted November 27, 2013
I am very impressed with MVPA. My great-granddaughter started in kinder last year and is now in first grade. The school offer so many perks. They teach all academics including history, geography, science, music, art, PE and Spanish. They also teach an accelerated language arts and math from kinder up. They also offer before and after school programs for tutoring. Plus after school clubs and sports. The only thing that bothers me is that they insist the girls wear a very expensive skirt that is very strange looking as part of the uniform. They do not allow the better fitting skort for the girls with shapes that are not so slim. I think skirts are also a very bad idea for little girls to be wearing on a playground. The place that sells the uniforms is also in Tempe while the school is in Maryvale. Other than the uniform snafu this school is A+ in my book! The headmaster is awesome and very people orientated.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son has a great learning experience from this school. He came from public school where he wasn't good at reading but with the help and dedication from his teachers he improved by leaps. I would recommend this school to everyone that are looking for top notch education minus the private fees.

Posted October 22, 2013
I absolutely love this school!! This school provides curriculum that goes above and beyond, they teach the core virtues that empowers the students to become life-long learners.

Posted October 22, 2013
I have 2 children that attend Maryvale Prep. I have had the BEST experiance with this school. The teachers and staff are friendly and are very passionate about what they do. I feel that my children are given the attention and tools they need to excel.

Posted October 21, 2013
We love this school! Our son is in Kindergarten this year, and we could not be more excited about his teachers. They all have a great passion for their students and teaching, as does all the staff at the school. They really encourage parent involvement, and do a great job keeping parents informed weekly. I am very confident that our son will be getting a top notch education at Maryvale Prep!

Posted September 24, 2013
My son's school is Maryvale Prep and he thinks that is the most awesome school ever and I agree. He is now in 1st grade with the most wonderful teacher, she thinks outside the box to help her students stay engaged with their studies. This is second year and all the staff and students are outstanding. They care not just about the students, but also the familys and community. Our son is learning new things each and every day, as he says his brain in growing. We have found the school and staff that we had been praying for since my sons birth, Thank you Maryvale Prep

Great Hearts Academies- Maryvale Prep
6301 W. Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified Great Hearts Academies- Maryvale Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Hearts Academies- Maryvale Prep Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top