PK-8 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted March 12, 2014
The staff and principal at this school are very disrespectful the do not treat parents nor the students with respect. It's been 2months my child has been having a bullying problem and nothing has been done about it. The principal does not return any of our calls and the teacher is very ignorant. The front office are very rude. If you want your child to succeed and get the education they deserve do not bring them here.

Desert Horizon Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
The front office has no respect for parents, they don't smile or greet anyone, they do not make anyone feel welcome, you walk in the office and they let you just stand their for a while before they acknowledge you are their.... and they show no respect for the students yelling at them and making them feel less important.The principal does not return any messages and is also very rude. I do not like nor appreciate the staff they have lost my respect . Next year my child will be attending a different school.

Posted January 10, 2013
School needs teachers that care and staff that shows respect. Parents please have a talk with your child and let them know you are here for them. Teachers are not suppose to push kids around or put their hands on students. Yelling or arguing with students will not make a situation better. OUR CHILDREN ARE NO ANGELS but we need to show them better ways of solving a problem...at home we are their role models at school teachers n other staff are their role models...teach respect n u will earn respect. ..

Desert Horizon Elementary School 5

Posted December 16, 2008
Mrs. Coronado, 2nd grade teacher, is a god sent. She has help my son reach the potential that my husband and I always knew he had in him. Thank you so much Mrs. Coronado your great!

Desert Horizon Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2006
My son has attended Desert Horizon for 4 years, (K-3rd) and I am pleased with his experience. The school has had many improvements. My only concern is the Jr. High age kids on campus. There are safety issues before and after school regarding the older kids. I understand that this is a complicated issue.

Desert Horizon Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2005
The condition of the campus is improving with new fencing added including courtyards by the classrooms. The campus feels more secure. The discipline program is changing to include life skills.

Desert Horizon Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2005
The teachers try hard with the quality of student that they have to work with however holding my child back because the rest of the class is slower is not fair, also I think that this school needs to develop a reward program for the children instead of just a negative one. And more school functions like plays concerts, carnivals and such would be nice.

Posted August 09, 2004
This school passes children who can t read or write. I have a seven year old who has gone from kindergarten to second grade. He still cannot read or write. They knew in kindergarten that he had a learning disability. To this day aug. 9, 2000 He still can t read or count. They just keep passing him. How can they say, they care this school has to be the worse ever! Their education programs are poor. The school programs are by far the worst i ever seen. Does the district care? I m embarrassed for the children of desert horizon.

Desert Horizon Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2004
Mrs. Cool the 1st grade teacher is wonderful! My kid id learning how to read and enjoying it! I have her to thank for so much!

Desert Horizon Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2003
I think this school needs to protect our children more. Not just from drugs but other students as well. I had to transfer my children due to a situation on school grounds where there was no protection.

Desert Horizon Elementary School
8525 West Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ  85037
Last modified Desert Horizon Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Horizon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top