Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 24, 2016
Strong academic atmosphere and activities are strongly encouraged...sports, dance, speech and debate, etc. Positive peer pressure to achieve.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 24, 2016
Dr. Battle for creating high standards and encouraging a high level of participation amongst student body

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 24, 2016
They encourage people to work together. Athletes work with individuals in other activities and clubs and they show respect for all students.

Desert Vista High School 1

Posted March 31, 2015
I have had two kids go there one was being bullied so bad i had to fight woth her to go to school every day and the school only sent the girls home for one day and it was not even a suspension. Now I have another child that goes there that was punched in the face during PE class by another student the in side of his mouth was split open and his lip was split open . I ask the school what they are doing to the kid that did this to my kid and the school tells me they can't tell me that information. Why because they are doing nothing.

Posted April 07, 2014
Large - yes; impersonal - no. Moving from the East Coast, we selected the DVHS boundary for our home using many resources including this website. Compared to private middle schools our children attended in Wash, DC, our first surprise was the constant feedback and e-mail contact we received from teachers. Not heard of any other HS that fosters support, encouragement, and positive attitude to same high level. Our daughter and son quickly found a friend nucleus (dance and sports, respectively). No "bad teacher" experiences - just the opposite and both blossomed academically. At college our daughter continues to find she was well- prepared by DVHS academics. As a senior, our son is enjoying engineering curriculum and teachers that will be big benefit for his planned college major. Selecting this HS was one of the best decisions we've made for the growth of our children. - April 2014

Posted December 28, 2013
I currently attend this school and I have been since Freshman year and when I tell you this school is amazing it really is. Great academic program and this school is really big on COLLEGE PREP! It will have you ready for college by Junior year. Great staff and administration. This school offers a great sports program. All in all Desert Vista is a great school that not only offers you child that great high school experience but also the experience your child will need for the future.

Posted September 20, 2013
I highly recommend DV. We moved here from Chicago shortly before our son began freshmen year. The teachers and administration were especially helpful with the transition. We now have a second child enrolled and thankfully, both of our children are in honors and AP classes and they are ABSOLUTELY outstanding. The teachers are top notch. In addition to the fine academics, DV has fantastic athletics and clubs. Our youngest joined the school's Speech team and is having a wonderful experience thus far.

Desert Vista High School 4

Posted March 21, 2013
My son is a sophomore at DV and loves the school. For the most part he has had excellent teachers who have challenged him. He walked on to Cross Country as a freshman and had a fantastic experience. The coaches are exceptional, and the team members are very supportive of each other. Each child needs to find their niche, and with the number of clubs they have something for everyone.

Posted February 13, 2013
Former student here. Graduated 7 years ago. Desert Vista was, and continues to be one of the best public schools in the nation. I can say this with full confidence because I have greatly benefitted from how desert vista prepared me for college and for life. Once I got to college, it became immediately apparent that I was much further ahead of my peers in the University I was attending. Some of the comments I just read from either parents or students complaining of bullying or teachers "just not caring" couldn't be further from the truth. Bullying happens in every school in every corner of America. To say it's unique to Desert Vista is a joke. Teachers pour their hearts out for their students- as evidenced by the personal time they make available for 1:1 attention before and after school. DV is less like a high school and more like a college prep academy. If you send your kid here- take my word for it- you just hit the jackpot.

Desert Vista High School 1

Posted August 23, 2012
If you don't mind having your child bullied by students, other parents, and administration this is your school. This school allows and promotes negative behavior. When a parent brings a concern to the attention of administration, it takes them weeks to respond, and when they do respond it is considered not worthy of their time since so much time has passed. I am disgusted with the lack of protection they provide their students and teachers. They are more concerned with 'busting' someone for dress code violation than the boy being pushed around or degraded by other students.

16440 S 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Desert Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Vista High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top