Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I cannot stand this school, it gives me a bad feeling right from the very beginning when you drive up to the school with the very rude security guards that are stationed at the driveway entrance, they won't let you drive in the parking lot to park to go into the office. Once security lets you go to the office you walk into the office to find the office staff just as rude and disrespectful as security. The teachers are not helpful with the students at all, the counseling staff are rude to the students, I just recently found out there is an extreme amount of drugs going around the school, there is no dress code for the students so numerous amounts of kids are walking around wearing very inappropriate clothing, the rating for this school should not be an 8 it should be a 5 or lower. I am and for any parent researching schools I would tell you to look at other schools besides this one because if your child don't do drugs when coming into this school they will do drugs when attending with all of the drugs in this school. Just be aware before attending Desert Vista.

Have had two kids graduate from this joke of an establishment! All I heard about was fights and bullying every day. Overall, the staff didn't seem to care less! Maybe if you stop allowing certain 'undesirable' kids into the place, then things migfht improve! A depressingly overrated school. Send your kids to Horizon instead.

This school has very strong academics. The teachers are extremely qualified. Sports teams and the arts also excel. Overall, it is a fantastic school- minus the school spirit.

Strong academic atmosphere and activities are strongly encouraged...sports, dance, speech and debate, etc. Positive peer pressure to achieve.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They encourage people to work together. Athletes work with individuals in other activities and clubs and they show respect for all students.

I have had two kids go there one was being bullied so bad i had to fight woth her to go to school every day and the school only sent the girls home for one day and it was not even a suspension. Now I have another child that goes there that was punched in the face during PE class by another student the in side of his mouth was split open and his lip was split open . I ask the school what they are doing to the kid that did this to my kid and the school tells me they can't tell me that information. Why because they are doing nothing.

Large - yes; impersonal - no. Moving from the East Coast, we selected the DVHS boundary for our home using many resources including this website. Compared to private middle schools our children attended in Wash, DC, our first surprise was the constant feedback and e-mail contact we received from teachers. Not heard of any other HS that fosters support, encouragement, and positive attitude to same high level. Our daughter and son quickly found a friend nucleus (dance and sports, respectively). No "bad teacher" experiences - just the opposite and both blossomed academically. At college our daughter continues to find she was well- prepared by DVHS academics. As a senior, our son is enjoying engineering curriculum and teachers that will be big benefit for his planned college major. Selecting this HS was one of the best decisions we've made for the growth of our children. - April 2014

I currently attend this school and I have been since Freshman year and when I tell you this school is amazing it really is. Great academic program and this school is really big on COLLEGE PREP! It will have you ready for college by Junior year. Great staff and administration. This school offers a great sports program. All in all Desert Vista is a great school that not only offers you child that great high school experience but also the experience your child will need for the future.

I highly recommend DV. We moved here from Chicago shortly before our son began freshmen year. The teachers and administration were especially helpful with the transition. We now have a second child enrolled and thankfully, both of our children are in honors and AP classes and they are ABSOLUTELY outstanding. The teachers are top notch. In addition to the fine academics, DV has fantastic athletics and clubs. Our youngest joined the school's Speech team and is having a wonderful experience thus far.

My son is a sophomore at DV and loves the school. For the most part he has had excellent teachers who have challenged him. He walked on to Cross Country as a freshman and had a fantastic experience. The coaches are exceptional, and the team members are very supportive of each other. Each child needs to find their niche, and with the number of clubs they have something for everyone.

Last modified Desert Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.