Posted April 17, 2014
Desert Winds is by far the greatest school ever!The teachers are wonderful,they truly care about all the students.My kids are so happy there.

Posted February 15, 2013
Desert Winds is a great school. The teachers are wonderful! The preschool program and Kindergarten are great. My kids are very happy here.

Posted February 08, 2013
This school has incredible teachers that really listen and take time for all children and their parents! DW is an A+ School of Excellence! They also have free before and after school academic based child care! A great family environment!

Posted February 08, 2013
This school is a hidden treasure. The school is rated an A+ School of Excellence by the Arizona Education Foundation, there is free before and after school programs, a full piano lab and lots of technology throughout the campus. Every classroom has a smart board. The teachers and staff are great, they have been an amazing support for my family.

Posted January 07, 2013
Desert Winds has been a great school for my family. A few years ago my nephew came to live with us and was having difficulty in school. He was a 3rd grader reading at a kindergarten level. The teachers and staff at Desert Winds brought my nephew to grade level reading within the first 3 months that he was there. The staff is amazing and the teacher are very involved. I now have a 2nd grader there and I could not choose a better school for her education!

Posted July 31, 2012
Nice teachers, nice school. Very friendly staff and teachers, the kids seem to be happy and communication is good.

Posted February 02, 2011
I have been to this school for two years and the teachers are really involved. you can talk to any teacher about troubles with anything, they are truly there for student. I learned things here that we haven't covered in even high school yet.

Posted May 22, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008
The principle, teachers, and staff are all wonderful and caring and provide what's needed for all children to enhance each child's development in order to help each child become a successful learner.

Posted July 12, 2006
My sons have been going to this school for six years now. I have had a wonderful experience with dedicated teachers that were always willing to work closely with me to help them excel and overcome any obstacles. The curriculum is adequate to meet the needs of all the students in the class. Parent involvement is very high. The teachers were always appreciative of the time I volunteered in my sons' classes. The office/nursing staff was friendly and competent. The drop off/pick up situation is not very organized or supervised and many times event notices were given with very little notice. There are after school activities available as well as on-site child care for working parents. My overall experience with this school was great!

Desert Winds Elementary School
19825 N. 15th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85027
Last modified Desert Winds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Winds Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top