Eagle Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2014
This school is a joke...I mean seriously. Not all of it necessarily, but a lot of it is. I attend ERES and I have been there since 1st, but we have a new principal, and she really has no idea on how to run a school. She literally has no idea what she is doing, and she scares the younger students. The old principal knew what she was doing and how to run a school. When I was being bullied at that school and my mother came to have a conference, my homeroom teacher was the only one who actually cared about what was happening to me, while the principal was just sitting there making lousy comments. Another person who I really dislike is my reading honors teacher. He has a policy in his class, if you get a failing grade, you can fix it. So I am thinking an easy A class, when he bothers to grade any papers. So I don't get a very good grade on one assignment, and I re-submit it, and I don't get a response in the next week or 2. He will literally sit at his desk and crochet and make origami and all that nonsense when he has a job to do. When my parents went for a meeting he made an excuse saying "I have 60 kids I don't have time for this." I like my reg. teacher though, its nice to have her.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2014
I just pulled my daughter out of this school. The academics are a joke. Her K teacher had no personality and the classroom environment was very negative. We are looking into a private academy now. Not a positive start to my daughters schooling yrs.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2012
This school is a joke. The principle is a waste of tax dollars. To get a good teacher you need to prepare early. The make your day program is a lazy administrator s way of not dealing with discipline issues. The state scores are low for a reason and its the administration. Like one of the other reviews said we took the principles advice and moved our kids to another school.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2011
This school seems to be well put together on the outside but looks can be deceiving. We had some concerns on the preparedness of our sons classroom so we went to the principal and our concerns were dismissed. The principal told us that we weren't going to discuss our concerns at all. I found this to be very frustrating and simply rude. I requested a meeting to discuss my concerns and she just didn't want to hear them. I don't want to send my children to a school that doesn't hear my concerns as a parent. This is my sons education and I value it deeply. In addition, the curriculum was not up to par for the kindergarten class that our son was in. On the second day of school he was bringing home Sponge bob pictures. I find this very inappropriate! We don't allow our children to watch these kinds of t.v. shows! We surely don't appreciate his teacher allowing him to be exposed to such a vulgar and age inappropriate character. This is misleading to our five year old, as he came home and said that his teacher said Sponge bob was "OK" The rating on the show is Y7 very age inappropriate! We are very disappointed in this school and its administration. District needs to find a new principal!

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2011
We love Eagle Ridge! The teachers are amazing and I am constantly amazed at how much both our boys are learning. They do a great job of meeting each students individual learning needs. The make your day program is a good way to teach the kids to take responsibility for their actions and time is also spent each day on giving compliments and praises to each other. The "bucket filler" program encourages kind words and deeds to each other. The principal truely cares about each child and is always available to talk to parents with an appointment. We have been very happy with our choice of schools and are thankful to have picked a school where everyone goes above and beyond what is expected.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
This school has some excellent teachers and terrible principal.She is not accepting any parent input and i think that this school will be much better place when she finally retire.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
This school is in dire need of a good principle. We finally gave up and took the principles advice and moved our children to another school in the district. The discipline program is a joke and no parent input is wanted or accepted. There are some really good teaschers here but the neighborhood is going down and it because of a horrible, indifferent administrator

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted February 19, 2010
I love Eagle Ridge! Both of my children have gone here and consistently have had top-notch teachers who are hard-working, caring, and creative. My girls love going to school every day! The principal is very child-centered and genuinely cares for the well being of all the students. Many people complain about the make your day program, but besides taking up a small amount of class time, it teaches the children responsibility and how to resolve problems.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten at this school. His teacher is awesome and he has learned a lot but they really need to work on their make your day program and not hold the kindergarteners to the same standards as 6th graders. Also, the yard duties don't seem to be doing their job. I see a lot of kids getting hit or picked on which goes unnoticed but when that kid defends himself, he gets sent to the office and the PTA doesn't seem to be doing a good job, how they be effective if they only meet once every 4 or 5 months? Maybe once they get rid of the head of the PTA things will be run better.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted April 01, 2009
Very good school. Teachers are excellent. My grandson has learned so much in 4 years, I am always impressed by how much they know at his grade level.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School
19801 North 13th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85024
Last modified Eagle Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top