PK-3 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 15, 2013
The Make Your Day program is a very good one, provided the staff is adequately trained in it. In this school, that has not happened for many, many years. The turnover concerning Principals and Teachers is too high. There is a reason for that. I know - I was a teacher there. Most of the long time teachers that were dedicated to this particular school have left and gone elsewhere in the district. And, yes, it is true that there is an emphasis on ESL, second language learner's. All teachers must be possess an ESL Endorsement to get the job. The methods are fantastic, but the Hispanic kids do slow down the entire learning experience for all children. If you are not Hispanic, if your child's primary language is English, then I would never recommend this school (unless you prefer your child to be a role model for foreign or possible illegal children). Parents need to be informed about the tremendous amount of testing required of teachers during the day that always involves the lowest percentage of students - nearly all of these are Hispanic students. So happy to no longer be a part of this school. This school has lacked leadership for many years now. Very sad.

Echo Mountain Primary School 4

Posted March 09, 2012
I love everything about this school except for the parent lack of respect while driving before and after school. They don't pay any attention to the kids trying to cross the street and fail to stop at the stop signs and they speed threw the crossing none. They need a crossing gaurd by where the people turn out of the parking lot!

Posted July 02, 2011
I think parents need to visit the school not just the website. Funding has been cut very drastically for education. Echo Mountain is an awesome school, with a very hard-working staff who truley care about the students. Don't let a website turn you off, take the time to go to the school and check it our.

Echo Mountain Primary School 2

Posted June 30, 2011
I am placing my boy in kindergarten and was looking for information. I went to the Echo Mtn (and PVUSD) website to look for registration dates and information and found little. Neither website had dates available for registration (Fall 2011 semester) and I ended up calling district office. PVUSD also list some schools as having kinder pre-registrations but district office had no knowledge of which schools were participating. The Echo Mtn. website had registrations forms last updated from Feb 2010 while the ones on the PVUSD website were from Oct 2010. NOT very impressive right out of the gate.

Posted February 04, 2011
Great School. I am very happy with it! I am glad my child is enrolled in Echo Mountain. I love the teachers.

Posted June 22, 2010
I agree.. This is the US. And we can't stand back and just let this keep going in the schools. I would like to see the school teach english as a first lang to all students. I incouage you as a parent to write letters to who ever will lisson. Its a small step to make change. I am glad to see some one else is waking up.

Posted June 21, 2010
From what I am reading, it seems like at this school English is a 2nd language. Last time I checked we lived in America and if you cant speak the language than go back to your own country and let them pay for you!!

Echo Mountain Primary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Teachers at Echo are very hard working. Parents who complain about Make Your Day likely have children with behavior problems that they would like to blame on someone else. In Make Your Day, the child reviews their own behavior and effort. Any minor issues are simply addressed and discussed briefly. Children are more likely to take responsibility for these behaviors. A student would need to have 7 problems in the day for parents to be contacted. Parents only are required to come to the school if the student is violent, threatens violence, vandalizes, and the like! When I go to evening events, and there are many, it is a crime how few parents even bother to show up! Those poor teachers/staff members are there late into the evenings to provide assistance and fun learning activities and maybe 150 of the 600 students even show up! When I am on campus I

Posted January 16, 2010

Posted December 09, 2009
they seem more interested in robotic children rater than providing a fun and healthy learning environment.

Echo Mountain Primary School
1811 E Michigan Ave 3, Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified Echo Mountain Primary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Echo Mountain Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top