PK-8 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted February 01, 2014
My son attended this school for three years and is now behind grade level in all subjects (along with 70% of his classmates). We have been extremely disappointed with this school and have opted to explore other option for our son. Less then half the students at this school are proficient in reading and math. I tried to contact his teachers regarding my sons academics and got no response. I tried to make an appointment to speak with the principal but he was "busy". My son's teacher told me that she didn't respond because she was "overwhelmed" which is not something we wanted to hear. She indicated to us by showing us a classroom spreadsheet that only two students in her class could count money and most were not at grade level in reading. This school is a failing school that has too many kids to monitor and not enough time to talk to parents. If you care at all about your child succeeding in life I would highly recommend doing anything to avoid this school.

Posted January 27, 2014
My son attends the dual language Kindergarten at Encanto and loves it! His teachers (Ms H and Mrs Endres) are superb. They are always available over email/phone in case parents want to discuss about child's progress. Very proactive and & encourage parent involvement...Academically, I feel this is a strong school atleast for kindergarten and gives homework. Homework comes weekly so I think its should not bother much. Its dual language program is the best part of the school.

Encanto School 4

Posted January 08, 2014
My son attended the Kindergarten dual language program last year, and it was overall a very positive experience. Academically, I feel this is a strong school, though perhaps a bit too much rote homework for K. The principal and the staff at this school truly have the best interests of the kids in mind at all times. The front office staff is absolutely wonderful and patient in answering questions and walking new parents through procedures. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is that I felt there was some bullying that goes on at the school, especially on the playground, that should have been addressed more directly. The school needs to send a stronger message of inclusion of diversity and intolerance for bullying.

Posted January 06, 2014
My son is in third grade and is constantly being bullied by much older students as they do not have adequate supervision on the yard. When I approached the office about the incidents they (office staff) told me that was impossible as they did not think it could happen. They then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't get an "appointment" to speak with anyone regarding my child. I do not feel that children are cared for or safe at this school. I have emailed the teacher about various academic things more then four times with absolutely no response or apologies . This school needs better leadership and better teachers. I would not send your child here unless you have no other choice. Even with all their so called "intervention programs" and extra money received from the state they still rank the lowest in the nation. I will be looking for a better option immediately for my child.

Encanto School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
My daughter has attended Encanto since Kindergarten, and she is now in 3rd grade. I love the face that Encanto is early education focused - it is PK-3rd grade, The students start 4th grade at Clarendon School (next to Encanto). My daughter is in the Dual Language Program that Encanto offers (as well as other schools in the Osborn District), which I would like to see more schools offer. I love the diverse student body at Encanto & the teachers interaction with all students. The teachers have always been wonderful & encourage parent involvement - they all have had an open door policy. I have never had a problem getting a hold of any teacher or staff member whether by visit, phone or email. I would give Encanto 5 stars except for 2 things: one is the fact that it is so hard to get into the afterschool daycare program because it fills up so fast - you have to try months in advance & your lucky if you get a spot, Not schools fault, just irritating. The only issue I have was once when my child was sent to nurse for heat exhaustion & I never got a phone call. Although she wasn't sent home, I would have preferred a call. For the purposes of education/learning I give Encanto 5 stars!

Posted April 14, 2013
My son attends the dual language Kindergarten at Encanto and loves it! His teachers are superb. The principal creates an amazing environment of responsibility among students and takes parent concerns seriously. The school communicates regularly and clearly with parents. As a parent, I especially appreciate the diversity of the student body and the opportunity for my son to learn Spanish alongside several classmates who speak it as a first language. I really cannot say enough good about this school! My only disappointment is that my job is taking our family out of state and my son will not be able to attend next year.

Posted March 29, 2013
This school district is known for their high standards and their ability to help special need children, but my experience with my own child has been the total opposite. In my experience they will not take the time out to help my child unless they are forced to do so. It is the end of the year and my child is an entire year behind, something that could of been avoided in the beggining of the year. I have one more child that needs to go to elementary school and this will not be the school for her. Folks I hope that your experience is much better than mine!

Encanto School 3

Posted May 24, 2012
My twin daughters just finished kindergarten at Encanto Elementary. They were enrolled in the dual language program. I loved their teachers and feel that the quality of their instruction was excellent. My issue with Encanto is that there is not a no tolerance policy when it comes to bullying and aggressive behaviors. Admittedly my daughters are timid and require nurturing to become fully active socially but they were regularly bullied and intimidated on the playground during recess. They were negatively affected by the aggressive behavior of other students and it decreased their overall enjoyment of kindergarten. I do commend the teachers and educational staff at Encanto for their consistent high quality instruction and care for their students. That was evident in their classrooms and daily activities.

Posted June 30, 2011
I am very happy that my children attend Encanto School in the Osborn District because I like that there is a program for dual language and after school pograms which allows me to work and gives me time to go and pick them up when I finish my work. Encanto offers many programs, for parents and children 0 to 5 years. It also offers parents the summer academy which is also excellent support for parents. There we learn more about everything related to the district, school, transportation, nutrition, and teachers. What else can I say, I'm happy with education that my children are receiving.

Posted June 30, 2011
Hi, I'm a parent with children in the Osborn district. My children attend Encanto and Clarendon schools. They began their education here, and have been there for 7 years. We have been very proud and happy with this school. I feel very proud of my decision to bring them here. My children now know that being a student in the district has made a difference in their lives. Both my children are bilingual in the Dual Language program. Also the after school programs offered motivate my children. There are various other activities like the reading picnic, fieldtrips, spring fling, kidsread the Christmas and Cesar Chavez celebrations. We shared and enjoyed learning, and above all I feel that the school is like our home where we have security, good teachers also classes for parents, an opportunity of being volunteers. I sincerely appreciate this school for years and the Osborn district for all the opportunities like the Parent Academy which is a great opportunity for parents, thanks to Solano school for opening the doors, and organizing these these programs, which continue to grow. Thank you.

Encanto School
1426 W Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ  85013
(602) 707-2000
Last modified Encanto School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Encanto School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top