Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,283

Estrella Middle School 3

Posted August 05, 2014
PLC? really?? Might be true if it stood for Pirate Learning Community. Well, since I've left your PLC, I lost so much: 15 lbs, my high blood pressure meds, (snicker). So, anyhow...you all really need to work on those 6th gr math scores. If I were you, I'd try harder to be their friend! lol, ....

Posted October 26, 2013
Hello I currently am attending EMS and I am proud to say that I go to a school where the teachers are dedicated and responsible. Yes, people might have encountered unwanted experiences in the past, but every year school is different. Before I came to this school, kids would get bullied, kids would act inappropriately, and teachers didn't care about giving an education. Surprisingly, now at Estrella rarely anyone gets bullied, and if they do, the counselor is dedicated to fix that. Kids will be kids, you just need the right patience and discipline to help their future. Some say Estrella is boring, but Estrella has a variety of boy, and girl sports, ranging from soccer to cheerleading. They have art, band, music, wood shop, P.E., and computers as electives. Estrella has educational clubs, too. Overall, I do not regret attending Estrella. It's fun if you ACTUALLY pay attention, which nowadays most kids don't do. If kids don't show dedication, neither will teachers.

Posted November 06, 2012
I went to Estrella Jr High the first year it was open I believe the principle was Mr. Hallahan or something like that. I was raised on a farm in Iowa and my first big trip was phoenix for health reasons. Still have a lot of great memories of that school. for the first time in my life I enjoyed school. My only regret is thats where I learned to smoke and at the age now of 53 I'm still smoking. Thought smoking was cool and I wanted to fit in and be cool, smoking I know now is not cool

Posted June 27, 2012
I attended this school in the 1980's. It was 7-8th grade then. They were the 2 most miserable years of my life. There were cops parked on campus everyday. Gangs, bullying, mean teachers, poor curriclum, large classrooms with no walls and several classes going on at once. Very difficult to make friends as the atmosphere was so hostile. I later went on to Trevor Brown High and dropped out-horrendous. Luckily we moved and I got to go to a better school district.

Posted May 24, 2011
My son has been attending since 6th grade..and hes very happy there.hes in a gifted program and has awesome grades..also loves being envolved in school activities.I think parents always blame the school when there kids are doing poorly..but as parents its our obligation to be more hands on.

Posted May 17, 2011
I am a student at Estrella Middle school. I have been bullied and picked on my whole time I have been there. And I had no friends. The kids here are very rude and ridiculouls. The staff is incredibley mean. If I were you do NOT check your student into this school.

Posted May 17, 2011
Estrella is by far the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The office staff are the rudest most miserable looking bunch of people I have ever seen, my daughter was very unhappy at this school she was only there for 3 months before I had to take her out. She is a straight A student who loved school. She said the teachers are rude and disinterested in teaching. There is a lack of disciplin in the classes. And there is constant bullying. If you have a child that needs room to excell I do not recomend putting them through the dissapointment of this school. I have sence moved my daughter to a charter schoool.

Estrella Middle School 4

Posted February 03, 2011
I think this estrella middle school is reallly fun ! I went there form 6-7 i had a GREAT ! Time there i learned alot From Mr.Gonpart I really wish i could go back WOAAAH CLASS OF 2011!!!

Posted April 25, 2010

Posted January 11, 2010

Estrella Middle School
3733 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified Estrella Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Estrella Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top