Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Awesome school with amazing staff! A lot of the "veteran" teachers are realizing education is not for them, because they are not willing to adapt to new research and data validated practices. The school is progressive in their management style, and the teachers that are continuing to work there are truly in the profession for the right reasons. There are several staff members leaving the school this year that were toxic to the environment, and should not be teaching kids. Though some that are leaving may complain because they feel they did not “fit in” or get the same appreciation from the administration as most, it is due to their own negativity, unprofessionalism, inability to collaborate and communicate effectively, and inability to complete their professional and moral obligations as a teacher. The “community member” that posted on March 4th must be the husband of one of these ladies that is leaving the school, and should be leaving the profession. I’m sure the individual doesn’t explain their own inappropriate work behaviors to their spouse accurately! Seeing as there are only a few toxic people leaving the school this year, that are also married, and have been with the school/district for year, it is fairly simple to figure out who this person is :-)

My wife has worked at this school for several years, and we are thankful that she has finally gotten a new job and will be getting out of the District.. She keeps telling me that it is the worst school she has ever worked at.. there is so much unprofessionalism..if you are not "IN" with the Admin.. you are dirt. You can see the lack of professionalism when you see Admin cohorting with teachers at the local bars, or at the QT. Also.. blue haired and tatted teachers wearing skimpy outfits??? Instead of a dress code for students, they should have one for the teachers.. Does the Superintendent ever question why so many teachers leave that school??? Maybe he should.

PLC? really?? Might be true if it stood for Pirate Learning Community. Well, since I've left your PLC, I lost so much: 15 lbs, my high blood pressure meds, (snicker). So, anyhow...you all really need to work on those 6th gr math scores. If I were you, I'd try harder to be their friend! lol, ....

Hello I currently am attending EMS and I am proud to say that I go to a school where the teachers are dedicated and responsible. Yes, people might have encountered unwanted experiences in the past, but every year school is different. Before I came to this school, kids would get bullied, kids would act inappropriately, and teachers didn't care about giving an education. Surprisingly, now at Estrella rarely anyone gets bullied, and if they do, the counselor is dedicated to fix that. Kids will be kids, you just need the right patience and discipline to help their future. Some say Estrella is boring, but Estrella has a variety of boy, and girl sports, ranging from soccer to cheerleading. They have art, band, music, wood shop, P.E., and computers as electives. Estrella has educational clubs, too. Overall, I do not regret attending Estrella. It's fun if you ACTUALLY pay attention, which nowadays most kids don't do. If kids don't show dedication, neither will teachers.

I went to Estrella Jr High the first year it was open I believe the principle was Mr. Hallahan or something like that. I was raised on a farm in Iowa and my first big trip was phoenix for health reasons. Still have a lot of great memories of that school. for the first time in my life I enjoyed school. My only regret is thats where I learned to smoke and at the age now of 53 I'm still smoking. Thought smoking was cool and I wanted to fit in and be cool, smoking I know now is not cool

I attended this school in the 1980's. It was 7-8th grade then. They were the 2 most miserable years of my life. There were cops parked on campus everyday. Gangs, bullying, mean teachers, poor curriclum, large classrooms with no walls and several classes going on at once. Very difficult to make friends as the atmosphere was so hostile. I later went on to Trevor Brown High and dropped out-horrendous. Luckily we moved and I got to go to a better school district.

My son has been attending since 6th grade..and hes very happy there.hes in a gifted program and has awesome grades..also loves being envolved in school activities.I think parents always blame the school when there kids are doing poorly..but as parents its our obligation to be more hands on.

I am a student at Estrella Middle school. I have been bullied and picked on my whole time I have been there. And I had no friends. The kids here are very rude and ridiculouls. The staff is incredibley mean. If I were you do NOT check your student into this school.

Estrella is by far the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The office staff are the rudest most miserable looking bunch of people I have ever seen, my daughter was very unhappy at this school she was only there for 3 months before I had to take her out. She is a straight A student who loved school. She said the teachers are rude and disinterested in teaching. There is a lack of disciplin in the classes. And there is constant bullying. If you have a child that needs room to excell I do not recomend putting them through the dissapointment of this school. I have sence moved my daughter to a charter schoool.

I think this estrella middle school is reallly fun ! I went there form 6-7 i had a GREAT ! Time there i learned alot From Mr.Gonpart I really wish i could go back WOAAAH CLASS OF 2011!!!

Last modified Estrella Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.