Phoenix, AZ

Posted July 19, 2011
WE LOVE FOOTHILLS!!! My daughter started in 3rd grade there and just left to go to Explorer (middle School), and my son is been there since Kindergarten, now he is going to 5th grade. We absolutely love Mr. Riley and the staff! Even though I moved to another district I don't mind driving 30 miles every day to keep him at Foothills. My son loves that school! Every time we had a problem, the principal got involved right away and helped us with the solution. Mr. Riley is a wonderful person! I only have good things to say about Foothills and its staff.

Posted January 22, 2011
I LOVE Foothills. My son is open enrolled here. Foothills teachers care about the students. They meet before school, stay after school or give up lunches if students need help. The teachers my son has had have been his biggest cheerleaders. These teachers believe in their students! The front office is always warm and welcoming. The principal doesn't just sit behind a desk. Mr. Riley is out in the school with the kids. My son had an issue with another boy and felt bullied. The teachers and principal made it clear that students will feel safe. It was a team effort with even the elective teachers on board with the situation. There is no longer an issue and the two boys have even started to be friends! There is a very involved parents group too. No school is ever perfect, but I am very thankful that my son was lucky enough to have the wonderful teachers he had at Foothills. This is a GREAT school!

Foothills Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 31, 2009
I agree with the parent below! We pulled our children from Foothills a few years ago because of the bullies were so bad! Any school will have both good things and bad things about it. No school is perfect. However, every child deserves to feel safe at school. The Foothills staff did not stop the bullies. Taking my kids out of this school was for the better! My kids are now safe, happy, and excelling academically at their new school!

Posted August 30, 2009
I have some worries about Foothils. My child is new to the school and has had a hard timewith other children being mean, calling my child a loser and a baby. My child has tried to speak to teachers about this only to be told it not a big deal. I sure hope staff is not allowing bullies at school. I an to the point of removing my child if nothing is done ASAP.

Posted August 28, 2009
my daughter was astudent of kindergarten....i think this school is too good and her teacher Ms.Riggs is just wonderful...i have no words to express how good a teacher she is...we came from india and were in Phoenix for 4 months..i was quite worried as to how my daughter would do in school,but thanks to her i had not a single problem.....ours was agreat experience...thank you Ms.Riggs,Ms.Ijack,Ms.Elliot,coach andMr.Reilly.

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted March 23, 2009
Foothills is a great school, My two children were attending a Charter School and fell behind, Foothills did all the right things to help catch my children up. We have been at this school now for 3 years. The principal is very active with the children & he attends 'every' school event. The majority of the teachers have been there for greater than 5 years and the school continues to challenge the children academically. Both my children LOVE going to school and partaking in the school's family events and academic extra programs. The primary disappointment is that there is minimal parent involvement. I encourage parents to come to the PTSA meetings and get involved. I agree, Foothills Elementary School is one of the best kept secrtes in PVUSD!

Posted March 16, 2009
Foothills is one of the best kept secrets in PVUSD...the teachers are excellent and the staff is friendly and caring! You will not find a better principal in any other elementary school around! What a wonderful experience to find that the school is focused on all the right priorities to keep a positive learning environment for our kids!

Posted March 19, 2008
My son is in kindergarten this year, and we love Foothills! Wonderful school, through and through. Caring teachers who are there if you need anything, and a visible principal, happy children learning and having fun learning (which is so important these days!) They seem to have a lot of after school classes/clubs, as well as lots of extracurricular events. If you are thinking of sending your child here, visit the campus for yourself, you will be glad you did!

Foothills Elementary School
17835 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6
Foothills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top