Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 02, 2013
I toured this school today and it was wonderful! I can't WAIT to go! The size, the students, and no more uniform! This will be great! The only thing I regret is having to wait one more summer!

Posted February 17, 2012
I was a little nervous before my daughter started at Greenway because all of her friends decided to go to other schools (Greenway was their default school). However, I couldn't be happier that we chose to stay with Greenway. She's had 7 different teachers in all, and every one of them is either very good or great. Her honors class is very challenging for her (she's not so thrilled with that), and I know that what she's learning there will help her through both high school and college. She's finally doing better in math - pretty well actually. Her art teacher is amazing. She enriches not only the experience of the students in her own classes but also the experience of all of the students in the school because of what she does to infuse art throughout the school curriculum (with the full cooperation and apparent enthusiasm of the other teachers). The principal creates a climate of appreciation for academic achievement which was really amazing to behold at the assembly held for high achievers on the annual reading, writing and math exams. I have also had fruitful interactions with the front office staff, school nurse and psychologist. The first year has been wonderful so far.

Greenway Middle School

Posted May 04, 2010
I love Greenway Middle school because the teachers and staff are dedicated in teaching all students! They are in the trenches trying everything to reach each and every student to make sure their education is the best during a time when students are really trying to find themselves. I love greenway because the caring for each student goes beyond what they are doing in the classroom. They care about their students future.

Posted February 10, 2008
I go here, it is a very good school.

Posted May 27, 2006
Prior to attending Greeenway, the reviews and stories that I had heard and read were not the same as what we experienced. My daughter was in the honors core at Greenway Middle School for both 7th and 8th grade. I could not have been more pleased or impressed... I would definitely recommend this program. I can not speak to the rest of the teachers as she had the same 4 teachers both years. The principal, however, attended every sporting or evening event that she was involved with or attended and even knew the kids by first name...

Posted November 09, 2005
Whne my son was there it was a great school. We did have 1 problem and I talked with jesse and got it all taken care of. Thanks for 2 great years... Jesse you have made a difference at greenway... Thanks....

Posted July 11, 2005
Greenway has delt with some things in the past, but test scores are really going up as new students come in, my daughter is going there and she loves it!

Greenway Middle School 2

Posted January 12, 2005
Greenway is an under performing school. They do have a wonderful sports department but there is limited parent involvement.

Posted March 23, 2004
Greenway Middle School is an excellent school that provides for the educational, health, and formative development of the adolescents it instructs.

Greenway Middle School 2

Posted April 23, 2003
With the implementation of the PowerSchool program at Greenway Middle School, the thought that it is a tool for parents to guage their childs academic progress simply hasn't caught on. The teachers are apparently overwhelmed with inputing data, thus assignments and grades aren't entered in a timely fashion and parents aren't kept up-to-date. Also if a child is failing a course, some teachers apparently seem content to allow the child to fail with no interdiction and no notification to the childs parents, until it's too late. I've been told that there are better middle schools within the Paradise Valley School District and I hope to find one next school year. I'm not at all impressed with academic instruction/instructors at Greenway Middle School.

Greenway Middle School
3002 E Nisbet, Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Greenway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenway Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top