Phoenix, AZ

Posted October 24, 2013
I attended Griffith from kinder to 8th grade and I loved it. I Now have my 5 year old attending Griffith and she loves it. She is doing so good academically and loves the staff. It took me a bit to figure out what school was best for her where she would not only receive the best education but care as well. I toured multiple schools before deciding to send her to Griffith. Griffith rates grade A and they are very involved with their students. Both my daughter and I are very pleased we chose Griffith.

Posted September 10, 2012
Under outstanding and capable leadership, Griffith School continues to excel as it has in times past! One of my children came home saying, "Mom, I just love the library at Griffith! They have the best books, and I've read thousands of words!" In addition to an outstanding library and reading program, she is able to participate on an after-school volleyball team that complements her learning in the classroom! Griffith's technology component is challenging and available to all students; something not found in every school. The veteran classroom teachers are excellent, dedicated and caring, and still go the extra mile for kids! I have also been impressed with the new teachers in their ability to motivate my children and diagnose a potential difficulty. Check out the gardening project! Griffith is in good hands!

Griffith Elementary School 1

Posted July 09, 2012
I was a former student here and have great memories of the school. I wanted to send my children to Griffith as well. Initially things were great. The teachers were dedicated and had heart. My children even shared many teachers as the years went on. A few years ago Griffith switched to a 200 day school year. I began to notice that the teachers looked completely burned out and my own children looked the same way. Last year many of the dedicated teachers left. It was really a sad sight because my children loved these teacher for many years. This year I've heard the remaining teachers who had been there for years are also leaving. That tells me as a parent that something is wrong. One teacher I spoke to said the school didn't value them. These are the same teachers that took this school to highly performing! Why are they letting them go? This used to be a close knit community. I used to go back & visit knowing my former teachers were there to greet me. These students will not have that pleasure. They've taken away all the community events and dont really welcome it anymore. All they care about now is their school labels and aims. I am pulling my kids out and taking them to Tavan. SAD!

Posted July 05, 2011
this school is great i went there from kinder till 5th and the teachers were all really king abd cared about the children thankyou griffith

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009

Griffith Elementary School 0

Posted June 08, 2007
I went to this elementary school when I was younger. I LOVED IT!!! Most of the teachers were wonderful and tried their hardest to make learning fun! I attended Griffith from Kinder. to 8th grade. I graduated on Principal's list. I highly recommend this school as a student, and now as a parent.

Posted September 03, 2006
- a former student
This is a great elementary school, as I used to go there from kindergarten thru 3rd grade. Lots of my childhood memories are from there and all of my base for education started there and remains strong in my daily life. Griffith is a great school with caring teachers. I remember.

Griffith Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2006
Griffith School was the worst school my children have ever gone to. They hated being there the whole time. Now they go to Alta Vista, and are much happier.

Griffith Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2006

Griffith Elementary School
4505 E Palm Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85008
Last modified Griffith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top