K-8 & Ungraded|Public charter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Posted March 10, 2016
My 8 year old likes the food, the teachers, the subjects and the campus. As a parent I agree with my child and to add to her review the teachers and staff are very attentive with their students. Its a very comfortable and nurturing school. Very well coordinated and we just the love the school as a whole. its like being part of a big family.

Posted March 10, 2016
We have been part of the Hearn family for a few years and we love this school! There is a great sense of community, and there are a lot of family events throughout the year, as well as community service. We chose this school because there are different levels of math and language arts in each grade level. The Specials classes are great - Chinese, Library, Technology, PE, and Art, which not all schools have.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 10, 2016
Mrs. Engle for getting my son back on track and loving school and you I don't think he'd be doing this great without you.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 10, 2016
They jump in to help when needed. They have after school tutoring that they might suggest to help your kid if they are having problems.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 10, 2016
They will help put your kid in the best classroom that will help them succeed.

Posted March 10, 2016
I had problems with my son from the beginning and they did everything they could to make it easy to go to school and be good. When he was moving up grades they would give him the best possible teacher for his needs and they just keep getting better. We have especially loved Mrs. Engle he has been amazing and most thanks go to her. I wouldn't choose any other school to put my kids in.

Posted March 09, 2016
For grades K-5, Hearn Academy is a safe, strict, nurturing environment. We haven't gotten to middle school yet!

Posted March 09, 2016
This is a wonderful school. I'm very happy with them and the services they offer. All 4 of my children love this school, as well.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 09, 2016
Ms. Erhard had a huge impact on my daughter and helped her blossom. I' greatly impressed with this school and particularly the teachers and staff.

Posted February 17, 2016
I wish the world would understand there will never be any one thing we all love or even agree with. There will always be negatives just as there will always be positives!. There was a teacher from Hearn that I could not stand. Then i started getting involved in the school and saw how he was with his classes and staff members and he is now one of my favorite teachers to talk with and have a good laugh. It wasn't fair or me to judge him on the few seconds or minutes I saw him a few times a month. There is another teacher is has the rep of being too strict and harsh on the students. But if you ask any of the the past students who their favorite teacher in that grade was, she gets the majority!. . When my own child was struggling and I was looking for the right person to help her I learned this teachers passion was helping struggling students understand what they are being taught. She took the time and had the passion to help where i was failing. Spending more time at the school has also shown me how things are handled with any conflicts. The Dean of Students is amazing. She stays so calm and fair in all situations. Uses each issue as a learning opportunity. Most important thing is she understands these are children who need to run and play when its time. Not marched and kept down. Always reminding the staff of this. On the educational side of things my oldest has always struggled and its not because of the school. So many teachers have asked if they can help on their off time. Students are assessed regularly to make sure she is not falling behind. And if she is, she gets immediate help. I also have a kindergartener who came in way behind but has already graduated out of tutoring and quickly progressing. I am amazed how far she has come in a short time. The Principle is always asking the staff how she can help them do their job better and consistently asking students what would make their day better. She does everything she can to make sure students and staff have all the tools they need to be successful. Can you really ask for anything more? Please as you read all comments understand people write when they are mad and I know for a fact that a few of these negative reviews are from parents who still have their students enrolled or who brought their students back after they realized what a great school it really is.

17606 N. 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified A Ball Charter School - Hearn Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.