Hidden Hills Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted April 14, 2014

This is our first year at Hidden Hills. Our kindergarten experience has been wonderful. Our son is reading very well thanks to Mrs. Williams making new friends and loves to go to school. Lots of family events at this school which makes it's unique.

Posted March 15, 2014

This is my daughters first year at Hidden Hills. We decided to open-enroll her at this school after many friends recommended Hidden Hills. Mrs. Geake is a WONDERFUL principal, and I couldn't ask for a better school leader. I am also so impressed by the kindergarten teachers. Mrs. Carmen is the MOST wonderful teacher my daughter could ever have for her very important kindergarten experience. Each week, I am amazed by how much more she has learned. The teachers at HHES are all so warm and welcoming. We have attended many family nights, including Movie Night, Bingo night, Princess Prom and Family Fun Night. We are so excited about all the years to come at Hidden Hills.

Posted February 28, 2014

My daughter began Kindergarten at HHES and is now in the second grade. I had looked at 5 schools - including several private ones, before committing to HHES. I don't doubt for a second that I made the right decision. I like the size in that it truly does function like a family. The staff and principal are concerned, involved and accessible. I feel that my daughter is truly getting the basis, both socially and intellectually, that is necessary for later success.

Posted February 25, 2014

I am so very impressed with the well-rounded education that my two children receive at Hidden Hills. The school offers so many extras and has a warm, caring staff. My children feel safe and love to learn at Hidden Hills.

Posted February 24, 2014

My daughter has attended Hidden Hills since Kindergarten, and she is now winding up her sixth grade year. She has had the most amazing experience at school. She is a high average student, and has always gotten the support she needs. She has struggled with anxiety, and her teachers have been loving and understanding. As a family, we have chosen to become involved at school...attending all conferences, events, and supporting our school in any way we can. We have always felt welcome and appreciated. The school administrator leads the staff in a positive, loving environment and creates an environment of safety and support. We are sad to leave Hidden Hills this year, but are excited about what's to come at Shea!

Posted February 24, 2014

Hidden Hills is a wonderful place to educate children. I am the proud parent of 2 students that attend HHES and my kids love school and their teachers so much, they can't wait for the weekend to be over so they can get back to school! The staff is very experienced and knowledgeable. They constantly meet to discuss individual student growth and achievement. They offer many opportunities for extra help and enrichment activities. The nurse is very compassionate and caring. Karen keeps us informed of school happenings through her weekly phone messages. Ms. Cindi is very thoughtful and reminded me that I needed to fill out open enrollment paperwork so our transfer wasn't revoked. Mrs. Geake is the best principal around. She is at every event and knows every child by name. She handles discipline swiftly and fairly. I choose to send my kids to Hidden Hills even though that means I have to provided transportation. Despite the drive I would choose HHES 10 out of 10 times as an elementary school choice for my children.

Posted December 23, 2013

Lacking creativity, resources and compassion; educators should be able to engage all children in activities, with a capacity to teach the masses. Hidden Hills leaves a lot to be desired. The office staff is very unpleasant, lacking kindness, generosity, happiness and organization. All very important attributes when working with small children and families. The feigned happiness throughout this school is difficult to swallow. Certain kids will pick-up on an adults lack of true compassion and will act out. If my son didn't pick-up on that, I did. Poor leadership is to blame. Once I received a phone call that I should get my child immediately because he was kicked off the bus (my child does not ride the bus). There was a variety of other incidences including changing an entire situation to fit their pre-determined label. It's heartbreaking for parents and children to go through a bad experience in education such as we did at Hidden Hills. If something isn't right, don't wait, make the change. Education scores are one small piece of the puzzle. A well rounded school will offer more than just a letter "A". Best wishes with your future leader. I know mine will be amazing.

Posted September 12, 2013

I set out to visit area schools when my daughter was headed for kindergarten but ended my search at Hidden Hills. The garden program sold me, but over the last couple years I've fallen in love with the teachers, kids and parent involvement too. We really are a school family, which is why we've earned the A+ rating. It takes a village, and at Hidden Hills you'll find it.

Posted September 12, 2013

We have 2 children currently at Hidden Hills, 2nd and 5th, and have been very happy with the quality of education. The anti-bully program works, the students seem very happy. My daughter has never had a bad day there. The administration is positive and active, but the front desk can give a poor first impression at times. 2nd grade is not the strongest but if you are lucky enough to get Mrs. Carmen in Kindergarten, Mrs Bartles in 1st, and mrs. Rae in third your child will be off to a great start.

Posted August 8, 2013

I think my school would have four stars because it feels like everyone is a big family. I don't know if you will give this to our school because all the other children will be saying how good there lunch is, or how good there grades are but I think my school should have that 5,000 dollars for are beloved teachers who help support us, motivate us, and help us so we don't fall through the cracks. If there is a school who really needs this though who needs money to keep there school from closing I would rather give it to them because I don't want to separate that schools family from each other and that is not going to happen because I know what it is like being separated and it is like the world is a big bowl of depression soup. So if you don't like my reason for giving my school 5,000 dollars so be it crumple my piece of paper up and throw it in the recycle bin but I just want to let you know that if you don't pick my school give it to the school that needs it.

Posted May 2, 2013

My experiences are a little bit of both of what everyone is saying about Hidden Hills. The administration does have some old timers who are a bit bitty and short with students and parents the same; but at least they are not fake. They are as real as people can get. Academically I believe the teachers are worn down and exhausted. Children who need extra attention and caring need a different environment the staff cannot care for many more students without additional help. I have felt safe enough to break down and cry in front of the staff because we woke up late, but prefer them not to speak in front of my children. Everyone has their own experiences. If you believe there has been unprofessionalism please fill out a Professional Concern Form with the superintendent; it may produce a change.

Posted February 28, 2012

Hidden Hills I have also unfortunately came across the same thing where they turn their heads to BULLYING in their school and make excuses for it. They also have lost track of kids at their school who were turned lose to the outdoors near the street without supervision. Also another inccident where a young 1st grade girl went missing for 3 hours on campus and no one could locate her. The Principal is very naive and tends to back her teachers when they are in the wrong. She makes excuses for everything. Very Poor School!

Posted January 26, 2012

I love this school! My kids love all the extra activities they have- GenYES, Garden Club, Chess, Choir. This school does not put up with ANY bulling, teachers are always available and fast to respond.

Posted June 8, 2011

Hidden Hills Elementary School is EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this school. The teachers are dedicated, organized, and great teaching.

Posted November 20, 2010

As a parent, and now a grandparent of children at Hidden Hills, I highly recommend this school. The atmosphere is nurturing while still emphasizing a strong academic drive toward learning. The kid's progress is steady and individualized. I love to see the kids come home with enthusiastic smiles, ready to show me what they learned that day.

Posted April 21, 2010

My children went to school there. You couldn't ask for a more dedicated staff, many of them have been there for years.

Posted April 6, 2010

Our family has attended this school for just over 3 years and is very happy with the teachers, staff, and principal. As a parent of a Kindergartener and Second Grader, we have had wonderful experiences with loving teachers, a helpful staff, and a principal who is very easy to approach. We are very lucky to be a part of the Hidden Hills family and look forward to many more years at this school!

Posted July 17, 2009

I'm a grandparent at Hidden Hills, I am disappointed how the Principal treats the parents unfairly and with disharmony, also allowing the staff to speak the way they do infront of children. Unfortunately, leadership is lacking at this school. My personal experience listening to the staff was extremely unprofessional. And the principal is doing very little about the infelicitous behavior that goes on at this school. This school only Rates a low 7 the kids here are so behind academically. I would not recommend this school for any child until the District does some house cleaning with the STAFF.

Posted May 27, 2009

the teachers are great and they bend over backwards for kids who need extra help.

Posted May 14, 2009

I entered this school on a variance, persuaded by parents who had children at this school. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Hidden Hills. The staff know my child, the teachers are loving and professional, and I feel that I have a voice and a home here. My child is an individual here and is able to shine just by being a part of this school. That is priceless to me.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%