Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My 9 year old son currently attends Hidden Hills and has been a student there from kindergarten. He is now in the third grade and even after the suggestion from the school to hold him back in kindergarten and with all the "specials" he attends he is reading and writing at a first grade level. It took 4 years to get him approved for an IEP which the school finally admitted and apologized for not getting him one from the beginning of my request. I have had to hire a private tutor to help my son catch up because he's so far behind. My only reason for not changing his school was because up until this year, my son loved this school and all his teachers. They really made a difference and we're outstanding and really showed they cared about my son and his education. This year however has been very challenging. My son hates school and feels his teacher just doesn't like him. When I brought this up to her attention she tried to turn it around on me that it's a home issue. She is clearly an unhappy and stressed out woman who herself has made comments about the lack of support, too many kids for her to deal with as well as her own family issues. She never smiles and seems very uptight and if I were a child in her class I would have the same issues my son is having. This year has been disappointing and I am in the process of finding him another school. Teachers really make a difference with your child's success and I'm sad to say this teacher is really making things hard and instead of working together to come up with something that will help my son, she tries to put the blame on other things that have nothing to do with what's going on. My son has also told me that she yells at the kids and he's come home in tears. This is not fair to put my son through anymore abuse. Other than this year, I would have highly recommended this school but after this experience I am sad to say that I would never recommend this school. The lack of attention to the real issues and the lack of support from his teacher and other members have truly been a negative experience. Please do your research first before deciding to place your child here. The staff are worn out and stressed out. They lack sufficient amount of teachers and it shows on their faces and how they deal with the kids and parents and I have heard from numerous teachers their dissatisfaction working there.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

I feel like the teacheers turn their heads and allow this kind of stuff to go on. It's not right to say the least.

Supports LD students: Disagree

My 9 year old son was held back in kindergarten and although he has a busy day with "specials" he is reading and writing at a first grade level. I have had to hire a private tutor to help him catch up. This does not make any sense to me. I'm very disappointed.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Front office staff are rude and teachers are worn out.

Hidden Hills ES is a wonderful school. Excellent teachers and a supportive staff make Hidden Hills a wonderful place to learn and grow.

This is our second year at the school for both our kids. They are doing great. The teachers have been excellent, and they have really inspired them to do well in class. We changed to this school after being in a much larger school, and I think we are so much happier for doing so.

My son loves it there! He goes to the ATB programs and loves the instructors and wants to join the running club next. I'm very happy with them because they offer these activities that keep him involved in school and learning. They also have chorus and band. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with HHES.

This is our first year at Hidden Hills. Our kindergarten experience has been wonderful. Our son is reading very well thanks to Mrs. Williams making new friends and loves to go to school. Lots of family events at this school which makes it's unique.

This is my daughters first year at Hidden Hills. We decided to open-enroll her at this school after many friends recommended Hidden Hills. Mrs. Geake is a WONDERFUL principal, and I couldn't ask for a better school leader. I am also so impressed by the kindergarten teachers. Mrs. Carmen is the MOST wonderful teacher my daughter could ever have for her very important kindergarten experience. Each week, I am amazed by how much more she has learned. The teachers at HHES are all so warm and welcoming. We have attended many family nights, including Movie Night, Bingo night, Princess Prom and Family Fun Night. We are so excited about all the years to come at Hidden Hills.

My daughter began Kindergarten at HHES and is now in the second grade. I had looked at 5 schools - including several private ones, before committing to HHES. I don't doubt for a second that I made the right decision. I like the size in that it truly does function like a family. The staff and principal are concerned, involved and accessible. I feel that my daughter is truly getting the basis, both socially and intellectually, that is necessary for later success.

Last modified Hidden Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.