9-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 08, 2009
I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to have studied here. The teachers have all been wonderful and I have enjoyed the many conversations we have had. I will never forget this great experience and I will remember all the amazing people here at HSI forever!

Posted May 08, 2009
The ability to go at my own pace was very helpful. I was able to spend time on material. I am more confident about my ability to learn and have made significant academic progress.

Posted March 28, 2009
My Grandson transferred from a Scottsdale high school the beginning of the year and is now ready to graduate. The school has done an excellent job and he is graduating a year ahead of schedule. This is one of the best schools in Arizona and he loves it. Thank you so much for helping him.

Posted March 24, 2009
Its great for working at your own pace and great for troubled to exceeding students alike

Posted May 28, 2008
Our daughter lost a year and a half of school due to poor health prior to enrolling in HSI. HSI was the perfect place for her to go to build up the physical endurance and confidence that would enable her to return to a traditional school or move on to college. We were impressed with the attention given to her needs and circumstances by the principal. This is a great school for kids who need a flexible structure- because of health or schedule. Students only take one or two courses at a time. The curriculum is integrated so that every course lays the foundation for courses to come. Students work independently in a library-like setting and consult with a teacher when they need help. They are encouraged to take courses at a CC while enrolled. HSI also offers 20+ languages through Rosetta Stone!! Drawbacks: no dances, classroom discussions, labs, fancy graduation.

Posted January 09, 2006
The principals and teachers at this school are dedicated to the success of each student. The faculty is quite talented in bringing out the best in the students and always willing and available to work individually with them. The curriculum is strong and based on the Great Books. Individual discussions with the excellent teachers help the students with their critical thinking and self-expression skills. The self-paced program is wonderful for well-motivated students to add AP classes and other interesting subjects. College classes are available through the College of Humanities and Sciences. Extracurricular activities are designed to stimulate life-long interest and participation, such as bowling, martial arts, etc. The students are treated as adults and are respected for their individuality. The school's philosophy of valuing and believing in each student is evident and results in a rich academic environment and successful students. This school is an example of education at its best.

Posted July 29, 2003
My child Thomas Stafford spent only one year here but it was the best year of schooling he ever had. Those are his words and I agree. I knew public school wasn`t teaching him anything and took the opportunity when we moved to Phoenix to enroll him in this school. It was the best thing I ever did. After one year we moved back to Tucson and I found that my son was so far ahead that he only lacked 3 credit hours from graduating. So my son graduated from high school 3 days after his 17th birthday and is now in college. I want to thank Humanities and Sciences High school for giving my child the very best education. Thomas wanted to graduate at your school instead of the one he did because he knew Humanities and Science were the ones who deserved the credit.

Humanities And Sciences High School - Phoenix
5201 N. 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85014
Last modified Humanities And Sciences High School - Phoenix is a Charter school
Humanities And Sciences High School - Phoenix Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top