Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted March 31, 2014
IBES has a great staff who works hard to care for student needs both academically and emotionally! We have high school spirit and character is modeled. The "Kids at Hope" philosophy ensures that all children are capable of success!

Posted March 30, 2014
Indian Bend Elementary has been my children's school for the past five years. Recently, it combined with Village Vista Elementary. The new staff, students, and administration has been a breath of fresh air. My kids are excited to attend a school of this quality. They give students small group teaching and my kids love the math lab and ST Math Program. There are specialists, in addition to teachers and staff who care about students. The office staff is friendly and helpful. The administration is very child-oriented and knows my kids by their name. I always see staff taking time for kids, giving hugs, and making sure they get the best education possible. As a parent, there are always ways we can become involved. My ex-wife and I often attend luncheons, assemblies that celebrate our kids, field day (which was great) and field trips. They even have free after school classes. Our kids love the science and sports classes. I highly recommend this school to other families!

Indian Bend Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2014
The staff at indian bend elementary schools office staff is terrible.The vice Principal and the principal are both incompetent morons who probably Got their degrees online. If your SMART you wouldn't send your Children to Indian bend.

Indian Bend Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
Indian Bend is going through GREAT changes! We have a new principal, new teachers (and old as well), new students and a new attitude. Change is inevitable, it is not always easy, but with everyone, administration, teacher, staff, parents and students we can, and will make this school the best it can be. When my children's school closed last year, I was sad. The kids were sad, but changing to IBES with the staff of their old school, we are learning to love it here. If you want things to change, you HAVE TO GET INVOLVED. Join your PTA, attended the quarterly Pastries with Parents/Breakfast with the Principal meetings in the mornings. If you have ideas, bring them to your PTA board. We are all here for you and your kids. This is a year of transition. Help us help you.

Posted January 30, 2012
I attended Indian Bend Elementary School on the very first day it was open for instruction. It was also my first day in first grade! (OKAY, decades ago!!) I recall having Mr. Sofranic as my teacher and he taught me one thing that I recall fondly: The then-world's longest word; antidisestablishmentarianism! Subsequently, I have earned three academic degrees: B.S., M.S., and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Irvine. I can say this for certain: It was the teacher, NOT the school that I enjoyed. Does IB still have that reading pit in the center? When it opened, there were all kinds of cushins on which to sit and read. I have not visited AZ in over 25 years. I used to live on Freeze Drive; in a then-brand new "John F. Long" home. I also recall the GRAND OPENING of Paradise Valley Mall. Anyone still there? Julie C. Abril, PhD

Posted January 11, 2012
If you read the postings, the majority of these are from before 2007. It does sound like the school had issues from 03 to 07. But we are in 2012, maybe we should focus on the positive reports the school is getting. -It seems like people complain when things are bad, but do not note when things are good. There are always going to be some unhappy people. But parents should partner with the school to provide education not just take a back seat. If you don't like something, volunteer your time in another area and help out. That will allow resources to improve for your student. You get what you put in and it is true with your child's education. -Did you know that the school offers free Breakfast for the entire school? -Did you know they have band and strings? -Did you know they have many Apple computers? -Have you seen their library? Go see the school, it feels like a good place inside and learning is occurring.

Posted January 11, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten. He loves it. They do crafts and learn. He has shown such improvement. They work with him on his behavior as well. He loves his 'make my day slips'. We are doing an additional reward at home for this as well. I like the fact that they send home all weeks work at the beginning of the week, so if we have something going on one night we can work ahead. I really think partnering with the school is the way to go and suggest more parents to do so. I volunteer my time and it helps others kids, but I think it shows my kids that I am willing to work with their school.

Posted January 11, 2012
My daughter just started at Indian Bend. Her reading scores have already improved in the short time she has been there. Her teacher is helping her a lot. She likes the fact that she is started to read every where she goes. She now likes to read on her own. Indian Bend has been good for her.

Posted July 14, 2011
maybe some of you that have a complaint about IB should learn how to spell and properly put sentences together. That could be a reason why your children are having a hard time with learning how to spell words and succeed.

Indian Bend Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
Indian Bend is the worse school you could send your kids to. My child is in Kindgarten and the teachers do not have the patience. My son was getting beat up at school and for letting the teacher know he got in trouble for tattle telling. He already in kindergarten is coming home and saying he doesn't want to go to school. I have never seen such a horrible school. I have grown children as well so I have dealt with schools but this one is the worse. He will not be there next year I would have taken him out sooner but due to a move and already changing schools I did not want to do that to him.

Indian Bend Elementary School
3633 E Thunderbird Road, Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Indian Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Bend Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top