Bad
Good

I have been in education for over 26 years and I CHOSE to put my child at Indian Bend Elementary School, because of the amazing leadership. Principal Jan Stevens has been in a leadership role at Indian Bend now for three years. Due to the PV closing the previous school, she transferred to Indian Bend. Jan led a staff, students and teachers into becoming an Award Winning National School in 2013 and I believe she will do it again. The staff at Indian Bend are all team players and the school offer's so many opportunities for parents and kids. Great place to enroll your children. The diversity of the school is incredible and prepares your child for real life, while getting a GREAT EDUCATION.

We just moved here from Michigan and we love IBES. The teachers and staff are warm and welcoming. The Back To School Night was well-attended with hundreds of students and their families. We like the extra care the staff takes to ensure that our son and daughter are walked to the car each day by a staff member. This is a great school!

Indian Bend just gets better all the time! My kids are loving their After the Bell classes. I just completed parent teacher conferences with my children's teachers. Both of my children are making great progress. I have a special needs child and a child in honors. I feel my children's needs are met on both ends of the spectrum. The school takes a team approach in meeting my kid's needs. I really feel like they care about my children. We like the Title I Parent Nights, assemblies and all the ways we can get involved in the school. We feel welcomed and valued. Thank you!

IBES has a great staff who works hard to care for student needs both academically and emotionally! We have high school spirit and character is modeled. The "Kids at Hope" philosophy ensures that all children are capable of success!

The staff at indian bend elementary schools office staff is terrible.The vice Principal and the principal are both incompetent morons who probably Got their degrees online. If your SMART you wouldn't send your Children to Indian bend.

Indian Bend is going through GREAT changes! We have a new principal, new teachers (and old as well), new students and a new attitude. Change is inevitable, it is not always easy, but with everyone, administration, teacher, staff, parents and students we can, and will make this school the best it can be. When my children's school closed last year, I was sad. The kids were sad, but changing to IBES with the staff of their old school, we are learning to love it here. If you want things to change, you HAVE TO GET INVOLVED. Join your PTA, attended the quarterly Pastries with Parents/Breakfast with the Principal meetings in the mornings. If you have ideas, bring them to your PTA board. We are all here for you and your kids. This is a year of transition. Help us help you.

I attended Indian Bend Elementary School on the very first day it was open for instruction. It was also my first day in first grade! (OKAY, decades ago!!) I recall having Mr. Sofranic as my teacher and he taught me one thing that I recall fondly: The then-world's longest word; antidisestablishmentarianism! Subsequently, I have earned three academic degrees: B.S., M.S., and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Irvine. I can say this for certain: It was the teacher, NOT the school that I enjoyed. Does IB still have that reading pit in the center? When it opened, there were all kinds of cushins on which to sit and read. I have not visited AZ in over 25 years. I used to live on Freeze Drive; in a then-brand new "John F. Long" home. I also recall the GRAND OPENING of Paradise Valley Mall. Anyone still there? Julie C. Abril, PhD

If you read the postings, the majority of these are from before 2007. It does sound like the school had issues from 03 to 07. But we are in 2012, maybe we should focus on the positive reports the school is getting. -It seems like people complain when things are bad, but do not note when things are good. There are always going to be some unhappy people. But parents should partner with the school to provide education not just take a back seat. If you don't like something, volunteer your time in another area and help out. That will allow resources to improve for your student. You get what you put in and it is true with your child's education. -Did you know that the school offers free Breakfast for the entire school? -Did you know they have band and strings? -Did you know they have many Apple computers? -Have you seen their library? Go see the school, it feels like a good place inside and learning is occurring.

My son is in Kindergarten. He loves it. They do crafts and learn. He has shown such improvement. They work with him on his behavior as well. He loves his 'make my day slips'. We are doing an additional reward at home for this as well. I like the fact that they send home all weeks work at the beginning of the week, so if we have something going on one night we can work ahead. I really think partnering with the school is the way to go and suggest more parents to do so. I volunteer my time and it helps others kids, but I think it shows my kids that I am willing to work with their school.

My daughter just started at Indian Bend. Her reading scores have already improved in the short time she has been there. Her teacher is helping her a lot. She likes the fact that she is started to read every where she goes. She now likes to read on her own. Indian Bend has been good for her.

Last modified Indian Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.