Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I'm writing this review in the hopes that it will bring some motivation and change to the school. When we toured the school last year, it seemed like an enthusiastic and above average place for my daughter. She was excited about the shop class which we were told was one of the few shop classes left in Arizona. We saw one particularly enthusiastic english teacher (7th grade) that really seemed to engage the kids. When we started the year last September we were told the shop class was no more which was incredibly disappointing. My daughter also did not get this english teacher and the teachers she did get were so lackluster I am heartbroken we chose this school at all. Her english elective teacher seemed to have a lot in common with the kids (Harry Potter posters all over the walls) but she was fairly dull as a teacher and my daughter was completely bored. She did really like her language arts teacher but I felt there wasn't really any homework. The social studies teacher seemed confused and didn't even remember who my daughter was when we went to conferences and just seemed bored the whole time. The math class was average but again, nothing special. I am told the school had a new principal this year and as far as I can tell, the only thing he's done is last week (at the end of the year?) he changed the pick up lanes and where we can turn to pick up our children. I guess this will be his claim to fame. The PTA is clearly just running on fumes. The Dad's club seems fun and we donated to them two times this year hoping they will infuse some energy into this school. In all, if you are looking at this school for your child, know that unfortunately at this point, this is a completely average public school with nothing really interesting to offer, mostly unenthusiastic and under equipped teachers and no indication of changing (I really hope it does though). I grew up in AZ and am a product of a great middle school. I remember a few great teachers at this time that really changed my path. I was hoping for a bit of that for my child.

This school has good influences and the students are eccel more at Ingleside than my child's old school , christ church lutheran

The new principal has changed this school dramatically. It is now 5 points from an A rating and he said that isn't good enough. The online parentvue allows me to access all graded materials, and tests and is updated daily. I know exactly what my student is doing and needs to work on. The teachers so far have been great with emails and the principal ( who also is a parent) understands what needs to be done to help with a childs education. He is supportive to his staff and parents. The facility is new and the parents are very involved.

Ingleside has improved so much over the last year. A positive, controlled environment for both my 6th and 8th grade girls. The kids feel safe and the teachers are amazing. They have great on campus clubs and activities. The new campus is a big bonus as well. Very pleased with my children's overall education and middle school experience.

Not a single complaint. Incredible new principal...proactive, present, and energetic. Great teachers with ongoing communication. Parental involvement is unmatched. Brand new state of the art facility. This was such an easy transition for my 6th grade daughter. We couldn't be happier!

We are new to Ingleside this year as we have a sixth grader there and although we had typical middle school anxieties over the summer about him moving out of elementary, we are absolutely worry-free! Ingleside has embraced our son, along with hundreds of other kids from different elementary schools and brought them together in a safe, fun, and disciplined environment. The school is under effective and pro-active leadership that I've never seen before. Everything from the curriculum, to the teachers, to the expectations of the students, to the clean grounds, Ingleside is one amazing place that we are happy to be a part of!

Middle school can be a tough time for kids, and parents, too. The teachers, staff and administration at Ingleside understand that kids at this age need a balance of emotional, social and educational opportunities to be successful. We are lucky to have a fabulous new principal who supports our teachers in creating high expectations for the students in both academics and behavior. Ingleside also has a strong PTO and lots of parent involvement. I spend a lot of time on campus, and to me probably the most important thing is noticing that the kids seem really happy at school--not something you'd expect to see with kids this age. Ingleside has been a great fit for my 2 older children and I will definitely be sending my 3rd child there.

This is a great school. Transferred kids from private and much happier with teaching staff. Excellent faculty, terrific parent involvement and supportive environment. My initial concerns that the curriculum and school would not be challenging enough were unfounded. Standardized test scores increased because of superior teaching focused on increasing student comprehension and confidence.

Ingleside is a school that offers an excellent education to children of all abilities, from those who struggle to those who are beyond their peer group in academic competancy. My 3 gifted children were challenged and taught by some outstanding teachers- teachers whom they will remember for the rest of their lives. The relatively new administration has stayed focussed on excellence, by hiring some great new teachers and reducing already low rates of conduct infractions on campus. With electives varying from mandarin and spanish to video prodcution and both visual and performing fine arts, solid academic curriucla are bolstered by outlets for creative expression and outside the box thinking. I would encourage anyone looking for a middle school in the Acradia neighborhood to come visit Ingleside. This school prepares students for high school and beyond in a safe, academically challenging, intellectually creative atmosphere with people who really care about the middle school child.

best school ever! i go there and its really good the only bad thing is our vice principal thinks he controls the school. mr. ganon

Last modified Ingleside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.