Phoenix, AZ

Posted January 19, 2014
John Jacobs is an A+ school. Parents, Teachers, Community all come together every year. My daughter has been attending John Jacobs since Pre-School, she is now in Third grade. Great School & Staff!

Posted August 12, 2012
As a parent of 2 children who have completed all 7 yrs at JJ and 1 still attending i can honestly say I love everything about JJ. The teachers are wonderful and some of them have been there for over 15 yrs which tell you something about them. The Principal who has been there for the past 2 yrs in a great principal as well as a good person. I watch him interact w/ the students and they love him. The front office staff is always right on top of things.

Posted January 09, 2012
Update on the review I posted here two years ago: All our children have attended John Jacobs. It is a great neighborhood school in the middle of a solid neighborhood with much to offer. Teachers are dedicated and professional, with good team mentoring and a range of career stages. Adminsitrative staff are exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful. Classrooms are clean, well kept up and cheerful. Parent involvement is encouraged; there are many opportunities to plug in and serve; the PTO is active and well-led. I am pleased to see a complete turnaround in leadership since the new Principal, Nick Gupton, came on board last year. He is engaged and organized, obviously loves the students, and puts a lot of energy and time into involving parents and solving problems. John Jacobs is among the best in WESD, and has bright prospects with its new, engaged Principal.

Posted January 08, 2012
My children have attended this school for the last 5 years. It is a wonderful school- Lots of community and parent involvement, the teachers are excellent and so is the principal.

Posted October 13, 2011
This is an awesome school. My child has gone here since kindergarten. Mr. Gupton, the principal is superb! He goes out of his way to help students and parents. My child had a problem this year and he immediately got involved and solved the problem. He is there early and stays late. He is at every event ready to help and ALWAYS positive and full of energy. The teachers all give more than 100% as well. Great place to send a child. Highly recommended!

John Jacobs Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2011
my son is now in 1st grade at john jacobs. i am sad to say that after new principle came in this year the school has gone down hill. he has no interest in parent involvement. Kindergarten was excellent. His teacher was everything a kindergarten should be. But 1st grade was a huge dissappointment. I am pulling my son out of this school for 2nd grade or replace the principle.

Posted August 31, 2010
August, 2010.. I have to say this year is off to a wonderful start with a New Principle. Joy seems to be lurking all around the school these days.. This school has always been great with one exception but now the future looks promising. School just started this month and already, I see Unity in Parents, teachers, students and staff.

John Jacobs Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2010
NOT HAPPY HERE AT ALL.... My daughter is new this year and eager to learn. With that being said this school has been a joke!!! The principle is a great grant writer and thats it. She has NO leadership skills at all nor does she have any concern for a childs education. I was notified at conference time, by the teacher that my child had not turned in 1 homework assignment. Why wasnt i contacted after the third week of missing work?? This is caring and looking out for the childs best interest?? I think not!!!!

Posted January 23, 2010

John Jacobs Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2009
6 years ago we were so happy to be entering our daughter to this school. Now I am very disappointed . 5th grade was a disaster. My child was missing classes to go to 'gifted' reading class and violin. Teachers did not help her to keep up on what she missed. Mid-term sent home , my child was getting 3's in 3 of her classes due to missing assignments. All were done, but not turned in. I was shocked that the teachers did not even think twice to contact me. All was taken in stride. This year 6th grade, looking to find another school. Did not put my daughter in gited program. She is not wanting to miss any reg. classes. Do not feel she is being challenged. Class size is 32 to 33 kids, most do not care. Teachers cancel partys due to bad behavior. Principle hides from parents......sad

John Jacobs Elementary School
14421 N 23rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified John Jacobs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Jacobs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top