Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 11, 2014
In the past 2 months at school, my 9 yr old daughter has done the following: Organized/raised money/planted a huge garden behind her classroom, Grocery shopped & Cooked a Thai meal for her class (and researched Thailand), volunteered at Feed My Starving Children (and now wants to have her birthday there helping feed the hungry), completed numerous research projects with enthusiasm and still manages to learn a ton of Math & Science. There was "girl drama" in class and the students involved were given gentle guidance and support from the teachers who are well aware when things like this happen (which WILL happen at this very social age). The drama was resolved with respect and understanding (valuable lessons learned in this situation that cannot be easily taught in books). There are more "life lessons" taught at this school than just learning STEM or other similar programs. There's heavy duty education but it's also teaching kindness, respect (for nature and each other), tolerance, communication, the list goes on. Best of all, it has nurtured a natural desire in my daughter to WANT to learn and she looks forward to school everyday. It's Amazing.

Posted August 19, 2014
My family is going into its eighth year of having a child at Keystone. Over the years I could easily have seen why some might perceive that large benefactors' children receive preferential treatment. But that is a short sighted view of how the school operates. As you spend more time in the school you see that everyone takes their gifts and their lumps equally. The administration has gone out of their way in classroom placements to not give large contributors/volunteers the teachers that the parents requested. Any school is going to have its strong and weak teachers based on a parent's opinion. But in the end each of those teachers might be the best teacher your child has in school, or the worst teacher your friend's child had in school. Keystone does have an active and involved parent community. Contributing to the community is every family's personal decision. We appreciate the education that our children are receiving at Keystone and would recommend it to other families that are willing to make the commitment to the full (and lengthy) experience of a Montessori education.

Keystone Montessori Charter School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
They give obvious preference to families with money, and conveniently 'lose' the wait list paperwork of people without money. In general, the only way to assure you get in is to start in preschool. After that, the chances are slim, and are zero if you ask about the annual contribution or the possibility of a scholarship.

Keystone Montessori Charter School 1

Posted July 01, 2014
I am a former student and personally I have to say that Keystone was a great during my elementary years. However when it comes to the adolescents Keystone doesn't have a clue what they're doing. I can say from personal experience that I was unprepared for the work load in high school. I can also say that Keystone did not give me the social skills I needed for high school. I was also the victim of bullying during my later years at Keystone. When I approached teachers and staff about the bullying I was not helped. Some of the teachers also developed personal hatred for me. Do yourselves a favor and either don't send your children to Keystone or move them before they get to 6th or 7th grade.

Posted May 11, 2014
I am a current student of Keystone Montessori and personally, I couldn't be happier. The teachers are kind and understanding, but, of course, push you, and Keystone definitely is not the type of school where you have to worry about bullying and discrimination. I'm currently in seventh grade, almost eighth grade, and in throughout all seven of the years I've gone to Keystone I haven't encountered one bully or unfair teacher. (Strict teachers, yes, but that, to a reasonable extent, is necessary.) And the education is great, too! If you are looking for a school that will help your child aspire in all academical fields, Keystone Montessori is definitely the best choices out there.

Posted April 25, 2014
I am a current student and I believe Keystone Montessori is a very productive school that's fun at the same time. It has to be one of my most favorite schools that I've been to yet! I have learned many new and interesting things. I've also improved in many subjects and have met many nice and respectful people.

Posted April 22, 2014
Keystone Montessori follows the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori enabling the children to learn based on their interests and mastery of skills. This is my granddaughter's first year at school beginning as a 4-year old, and already, she is learning to read, learning to write in cursive, and learning and understanding place value. These academic skills are coupled with lessons in "grace and courtesy" in which the children practice good moral values and proper etiquette. Life skills are an integral part of the curriculum as well. The staff are caring and compassionate and look at each child as an individual. We have been extremely happy with Keystone Montessori!

Posted April 16, 2014
True Montessori education. Love the way my kids get to learn. Keystone is not just a great school it is a great community!

Posted April 16, 2014
I have peace in my heart each day when I drop off my daughter at school because I know when I return at the end of the day she will have had a day filled with wonderful learning experiences. The Keystone community (parents/staff) are made up of such lovely people. I feel blessed to have found such an amazing school!

Posted April 08, 2014
This is a real Montessori school where the children are always encouraged to follow their own interests and explore the world. They learn the 'basics' along the way without it ever becoming a chore or stressful. The facility and materials are all designed to encourage this exploration and discovery and the teachers and staff are all so respectful of each child's strengths. From pre-school to elementary school, we have never heard "I don't want to go to school" from our child!

Keystone Montessori Charter School
1025 E. Liberty Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Keystone Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 1-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keystone Montessori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top