Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
My children learnt to think independently, how to solve the conflicts within themselves and also outwardly with their peers. The students are asked to come up with amicable solutions, as would in the real world.

Posted July 26, 2015
The amount of time they devote to the children sometime made me think when do they find time for their families. My children still look forward to stopping by to see them This tells me about the beautiful teacher student relationship that develops over the years by the time they graduate. Great work!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
Montessori is a self regulatory way of learning where a child moves forward with any concept only after they get it. And the students develop that need to learn over time and carry it thru forward in life. And this school is Montessori to the core. The way they stick to the policy that the students need to get it right before moving forward shows their own persistence which transfers to the students sooner or later. They have been under fire for holding students back which most schools don't. But the students and parents who choose to continue with determination have been nothing but thankful.

Posted July 26, 2015
As a parent of two children, who attended Khalsa Montessori at different time frames, our experience was very positive each time with the loving and caring staff and teachers. My children felt extremely comfortable and safe here. Khalsa prepared my children as independent thinkers resulting in an easy transition from the middle to high school and now college. I would like to thank the teachers for the tireless and sometimes thankless hours they put in helping us sharing our responsibility in raising our children.

Posted July 25, 2015
This school is a place where a child can feel like they are legitimately cared for. As an alumn, I can say that this school has had a huge impact on my growth both as a student and a person. With a system that encourages self discipline and accountability, the Montessori system is very well embodied through how this school is administered both in the classroom and out of it.

Posted July 25, 2015
I attended Khalsa Montessori throughout elementary school and now that I am in college I can proudly say that Khalsa Montessori had the best teachers I ever had (spanning my entire educational career K- college). I understand that some people have had issues with how strict they are in terms of allowing kids to move on to the next grade, however, I believe that they know what is best for your child. In addition, an extra year spent in elementary school will absolutely be worth it in the long run and is only preventing your child from entering adulthood 1 year earlier (and who doesn't want to stay a kid for as long as possible). I truly believe in the Montessori method and Khalsa Montessori is one of the best at it.

Khalsa Montessori Elementary School - Phoenix 3

Posted October 28, 2014
I wish I could give Khalsa 5 *s. If it's just education, and your child is motivated, then your child will likely do well here. My child went to Khalsa for 7 yrs, starting at the old toddler house. I can honestly say that the last 2 years were an utter living hell for the both of us. And no, it wasn't because of grades or scores. My child always topped the charts and did well in school. The problem was in her particular class, the teacher provided no encouragement what so ever yet routinely yelled at the students. Montessori philosophy is to teach the child to want to learn and succeed for themselves and not for outside influences. That is great in theory, but if a teacher isn't going to give the carrot, then she should not be giving the stick. There were more than a handful of occasions where I heard the teacher actually yelling at a student for "not making a very wise choice!" The admin has heard from many parents of the situation and chose to turn a blind eye. The final straw was when I learned my 8 year old was sent out into an unwatched, non-secured parking lot to throw trash. The admin's answer was "we've always done it this way." The 70's approach to security is ridiculous.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 08, 2014
Fantastic school! My daughters attended for five years each. Totally agree with prior post that the only problem is finding a school to keep your child challenged after 6th grade. We decided on BASIS as well and made the heart-wrenching decision to move our kids before completing their cycles to make sure we had a spot. I want to tell you that the Khalsa kids who came over to BASIS took care of each other like only family can during a very rocky school launch. They have all done beautifully and watched out for each other. My kids are masters of time management. They do their homework afterschool and rarely bring anything home. They take responsibility and they are organized. Khalsa taught them that. It also taught us as parents to trust our kids to manage their own work and that makes all the difference. While other parents run around with their hair on fire about what homework their kids should be working on, we know our kids are getting it done and if they don't they need to learn the consequence. Their grades bear this out; both scored well above average. Adjusting to tests is hardest challenge but they will master this in time. Khalsa's system works!

Posted September 23, 2014
My two daughters started kindergarten at Khalsa up to 4th and 3rd grade, this is a great school. The Montessori program, the diversity of the students, very good teachers, (Miss Susan and Miss Lori) I was very happy with the school, the level of education is excellent, your kids will be prepared for the best schools after Khalsa, actually that is the problem, after Khalsa is hard to find a school that challenge your kids. I decide to move my kids to Basis, just because later is hard to get a spot at Basis and Khalsa only goes up to 6th grade, but I'm very thankful to Khalsa because the current success of my daughters at Basis is because their Khalsa background.

2536 N. 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ  85004
Last modified Khalsa Montessori Elementary School - Phoenix is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Khalsa Montessori Elementary School - Phoenix Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top