Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 01, 2015
I don't remember his name. He taught Spanish. I remember he married someone from Mexico

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted December 01, 2015
A teacher is more than someone who stands in front of the class and gives out homework.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 01, 2015
I feel like not everyone was treated equally. I guess if you have money then you're more important

Posted August 30, 2015
In the 8 years that I have had kids at CMS, I have never had a bad experience. The teachers have always been willing to work with me to help my kids. They meet with me, they email me, they call me whenever my kids need help. The teachers are involved in clubs and sports and are passionate about getting kids involved. CMS now has a dynamic principal, Jocelyn Sims, who has brought new ideas with her from an urban Minnesota school and has completely changed our school. Students now take pride in their school and responsibility for their own educations by stating learning goals in each class and striving to achieve these goals. They keep track of their grades and know what they need to do to ace their exams. The teachers have completely bought into a new grading scheme and an environment that makes them feel like they are part of the solution to issues CMS has had in the past. Many of the changes Ms Sims has instituted are being instituted in other schools and the Kyrene School District including the Standards based heading scheme CMS is using and an innovative scheduling system that evens out the pods. I would like everyone to know that any review that came before 2013 is mostly likely irrelevant because everything is different about CMS these days. People who badmouth this school probably are just repeating what they've heard in the past. There is no comparison to the CMS of the past couple of principals and the CMS under this principal!

Posted May 12, 2015
This is our fourth year at Centennial. Our older graduated last year and youngest just finished 6th grade. The school is fantastic, amazing principal who will always put the kids needs first. Administrator and teacher are supportive and again kids education is first priority. Great academic and social experience. We are very happy.

Posted May 07, 2015
I have 3 children attending the Centennial/Colina schools and could not be happier with the administration, leadership and teaching they have received. I would not want them to go anywhere else.

Posted August 27, 2014
I spoke to my neighbor and his kid about Centennial to get their feedback in preparation for my own kids' future middle school plans. They both had nothing but good things to say about the school. They said it was a good community of kids and it was a safe positive learning environment. They also felt the instruction was great and challenging enough for the student. My neighbor also said he wouldn't change their decision if he had to do it over again.

Posted August 17, 2014
After reading the comments below, I wanted to point out that many of them are from a few years ago. Great things are happening at this school with the addition of a great new principal! This is a great place to send your child! We have loved our last 3 years and the experiences at CMS!

Posted August 12, 2014
Our school puts students' learning at the top of its priorities. Centennial's staff is willing and able to step up to any challenge.

Posted August 12, 2014
This is our 3rd year at Centennial and it has been a wonderful experience! The staff is amazing, dedicated and knowledgeable in their subject areas. The principal Jocelyn Sims in her second year here has provided leadership that is well respected by the students, staff and community. There are many opportunities for students and parents to get involved. I would highly recommend CMS and encourage anyone who would like to know more about the school to come meet Mrs. Sims and take a tour.

13808 S. 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Kyrene Centennial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Centennial Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top