Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,072

Posted August 27, 2014
I spoke to my neighbor and his kid about Centennial to get their feedback in preparation for my own kids' future middle school plans. They both had nothing but good things to say about the school. They said it was a good community of kids and it was a safe positive learning environment. They also felt the instruction was great and challenging enough for the student. My neighbor also said he wouldn't change their decision if he had to do it over again.

Posted August 17, 2014
After reading the comments below, I wanted to point out that many of them are from a few years ago. Great things are happening at this school with the addition of a great new principal! This is a great place to send your child! We have loved our last 3 years and the experiences at CMS!

Posted August 12, 2014
Our school puts students' learning at the top of its priorities. Centennial's staff is willing and able to step up to any challenge.

Posted August 12, 2014
This is our 3rd year at Centennial and it has been a wonderful experience! The staff is amazing, dedicated and knowledgeable in their subject areas. The principal Jocelyn Sims in her second year here has provided leadership that is well respected by the students, staff and community. There are many opportunities for students and parents to get involved. I would highly recommend CMS and encourage anyone who would like to know more about the school to come meet Mrs. Sims and take a tour.

Posted August 12, 2014
The school is doing brand new things, which have been wonderful for student improvement. The school is much better than the score listed on the page.

Posted July 10, 2013
This school is wonderful. My daughter has special needs and they were more accommodating than they were legally required to be. They helped her learn and grow, not only academically, but as a person. She is well prepared for high school and I am so glad she attended this school. The administration and teachers are committed to helping the students in any way feasible.

Kyrene Centennial Middle School 3

Posted January 18, 2013
Both of my sons have been students at this school and i was impress up until last semester and current. My son who is in the 8th grade has been subjected to instegating nonsense. No mediation taken, One word against another, No due process. Just plain out assumption and stereotypical bull. I travel out of district so that my son could learn at a better performing instituion, instead you have teachers there that really do not need to instruct nor fasciltate and adminstrators that make abrupt decisions in which many occasions have violated Ferpa. I am truely disappointed.

Kyrene Centennial Middle School 1

Posted August 19, 2012
I am not impressed with any institution where some staff members are bigger BULLIES than the students who attend. I would not send my children to any school where teachers feel glorified at leveling put-downs at students, just because they can. You see citizens, not all teachers are suited for the job, like a known few here at Centennial Middle. Some are teachers because a piece of paper say they are. I'm just saying. Parents, beware of the "paycheck" staff at this school. Maybe this is a sign of the times, just saying, when teachers talk about students to other students, I can't tolerate that, no more so than I agree with an confronting a student before other students because they get an ego boost from hurting a child's feelings. No, I would get as far away from CMS as I could with my children close intact. Just saying... This is the sort of thing that brings on suicidal thoughts in children when the find they can't trust the adults at the school to protect them, physically and mentally.

Kyrene Centennial Middle School 4

Posted July 30, 2012
Ms.Michelle, the principal, is very involved with the staff, and children. She makes a visit to all activities and main events that she physically can. On the other hand not all the teachers present professionally and it is reflected in their ability to manage their classrooms. There is a problem with bullying, and the Kyrene district does not have a productive discipline plan in place. The bullies continue to bully and their targets remain their targets. If a target finally has enough and strikes back because the adults have not managed the bully the target child is punished as an aggressor. The system is not balanced and works in favor of the bully. this is a district problem, not just this school.

Kyrene Centennial Middle School 3

Posted June 09, 2012
The majority of the teachers that serve this school are smart and dedicated. However, I must say the principal is lenient and backs down to the students. I recommend a different school.

Kyrene Centennial Middle School
13808 S. 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Kyrene Centennial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Centennial Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top