Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Kyrene Centennial Middle School 1

Posted May 18, 2016
My son just got promoted last night, and I am EXTREMELY happy he no longer has to deal with this VERY poor excuse of an administrative staff! Tiffany Jump (8th grade dean of students) and Jocelyn Sims (principal) did EVERYTHING in their power to try and break my child! Jocelyn Sims is leaving and I hope they NEVER trust another child in her care! And Tiffany Jump needs to be fired as well! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 18, 2016
Officer Cortez! He really had my son's back after Tiffany Jump (8th grade dean of students) and Jocelyn Sims (principal) did EVERYTHING in their power to try and break my child. Thank YOU officer Cortez!

Posted March 23, 2016
We love Cenntennial, great teachers, amazing athletics programs! My son had 3 fantastic years and we are super excited for our 5th grader to be a Sabercat! Mrs. Sims the schools (former) principal is amazing! Whoever takes her place has some really big shoes to fill. I took a chance on this school after hearing those old rumors, and its been nothing but a great ride academically for our son. I will say the old stigma about PTO moms is well alive at that school. If you aren't friends with the current president don't bother asking to help or be involved with any activity that involves the PTO.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 23, 2016
I am so sad to see Mrs. Sims leave. She was a great principal who really turned around the school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 01, 2015
I don't remember his name. He taught Spanish. I remember he married someone from Mexico

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted December 01, 2015
A teacher is more than someone who stands in front of the class and gives out homework.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 01, 2015
I feel like not everyone was treated equally. I guess if you have money then you're more important

Posted August 30, 2015
In the 8 years that I have had kids at CMS, I have never had a bad experience. The teachers have always been willing to work with me to help my kids. They meet with me, they email me, they call me whenever my kids need help. The teachers are involved in clubs and sports and are passionate about getting kids involved. CMS now has a dynamic principal, Jocelyn Sims, who has brought new ideas with her from an urban Minnesota school and has completely changed our school. Students now take pride in their school and responsibility for their own educations by stating learning goals in each class and striving to achieve these goals. They keep track of their grades and know what they need to do to ace their exams. The teachers have completely bought into a new grading scheme and an environment that makes them feel like they are part of the solution to issues CMS has had in the past. Many of the changes Ms Sims has instituted are being instituted in other schools and the Kyrene School District including the Standards based heading scheme CMS is using and an innovative scheduling system that evens out the pods. I would like everyone to know that any review that came before 2013 is mostly likely irrelevant because everything is different about CMS these days. People who badmouth this school probably are just repeating what they've heard in the past. There is no comparison to the CMS of the past couple of principals and the CMS under this principal!

Posted May 12, 2015
This is our fourth year at Centennial. Our older graduated last year and youngest just finished 6th grade. The school is fantastic, amazing principal who will always put the kids needs first. Administrator and teacher are supportive and again kids education is first priority. Great academic and social experience. We are very happy.

Posted May 07, 2015
I have 3 children attending the Centennial/Colina schools and could not be happier with the administration, leadership and teaching they have received. I would not want them to go anywhere else.

13808 S. 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Kyrene Centennial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.