Posted August 27, 2014
The school has an amazing principal that truly cares about the students and interacting with the community. I am also impressed when I walk the halls with my children and all the teachers know my children even when they have never been in their classroom. That was impressive and showed how dedicated the teachers are in and outside their classroom. I also like the positive learning environment where teachers and administration have positive upbeat attitudes. Many parents are also involved with their children and participate in school activities and events. We have built many friends from the school and feel very comfortable contacting other parents about issues relating to the school or classroom. I would have no problem recommending Colina!

Posted August 12, 2014
My 4 kids went through this school....for 18 years, 4 Principals and a multitude of teachers and in the end, I was still telling people to go to Colina! We had nothing but great experiences there. The Principals all were caring, interested and involved in each students' academic lives. They got to know each kid and their parents. The PTO is one of the strongest ptos in the district with pklenty of parental and community involvement. The activities, whether they were for fun or fundraising brought the Colina community out in droves. They raised enough money each year to fund the library, buy books for grade level reading instruction, buy tshirts for EACH student and so much more. This is a school that is truly a community gem!

Posted July 30, 2014
We have a hard working staff who cares about our children. We have high expectations for our students in all content areas. We work with parents to help our children have success in and out of the classroom.

Posted July 30, 2014
Kyrene de la Colina is a POWERFUL neighborhood school. The focus is on the child and achievement. Each grade level collaborates for the benefit of each individual students. Every teacher has been sensitive to my child and worked closely with me to provide the best choices for my student.

Posted July 30, 2014
My daughter has attended Colina since kindergarten and is currently entering the 5th grade there. I can honestly say that I have been very happy with this school the entire time. From the dedicated classroom teachers and special area teachers, to the fabulous administration and involved PTO, my daughter has been challenged, cared for and taught many valuable skills to get her ready for the future. As far as Colina goes, public school has NOT failed us! Rock on Colina!!

Posted July 30, 2014
This is my ninth year teaching at Colina and I love it here! The teachers, administration, and the rest of the staff work so hard for our students. We care about our students and their families. We, as professionals, continue our learning and collaborate together to ensure that all students show progress and success. The students are excited to be at school and are ready to learn. The parents and community are so supportive. Our PTO is amazing! We have fun family events, like our Harvest Festival and Talent Show. We also have different after school clubs that the students enjoy. All of these components help create a great place for kids to learn, to thrive, to discover, and to achieve. It's also a great place to work. :)

Posted July 27, 2014
I have two children at Colina who have been there for the past 3 years and are starting again in a week. I can't say enough great things about this school and especially about the Principal, Mrs. Brunner, who does an amazing job of running this great school along with constantly striving to improve it. In my experience, the teachers my children have had are all extremely dedicated to their education and individual progress. My kids have loved each and every teacher they had and l am proud to say that they absolutely love going to school. Before starting my daughter in Kindergarten, I visited every Kyrene District Elementary School in Ahwatukee, toured the school, observed the classes in session and spoke with the Principals. Colina was the clear top choice for my family and I have been extremely happy with the decision I made 3 years ago. In addition, the PTO does a phenomenal job of offering many opportunities for events, fundraisers, dinners, dances, and more where all Colina families can get together and have a great time.

Posted July 21, 2014
Colina is a fabulous school for my 2 kids. My daughter (who will be a first grader this year) absolutely adored her kindergarten teacher and blossomed with confidence. My son, who has special needs, had the same great teacher that he did the year before. The continuity has helped him cope and transition. The staff, from the principal down to facilities, are accessible, helpful, and nurturing.

Posted July 01, 2014
We have two children at Colina and are very happy with this school. Our son has special needs and is mainstreamed. His teacher has been very loving and supportive, but also challenges him academically. The resource teacher, therapists and his classroom teacher have all been great about communicating with me and answering all of my questions and worries. The students have really made the experience great for him and reassured us as parents that he is in a safe and supportive environment. Our daughter started kindergarten last year and came home everyday wanting to play school and says that when she grows up she wants to be a kindergarten teacher. There are many great families at Colina who really are involved in the school. The PTO holds events monthly and the Principal, Mrs. Brunner, is very involved and available to parents. We moved to this area wanting to attend a Kyrene school and really are happy to be at Colina.

Kyrene de la Colina School 3

Posted September 06, 2013
I am rating this school average, because that's exactly what it is and what should be expected if you enroll your children here. The teachers are all very nice and great with the kids, however their ability to work one on one with children is limited by the number of student's in each class. If your child is an eager and above average learner, be prepared for the schooling to be quite boring for them. The curriculum is tailored to fit the needs of the average student's which is in the middle, so those who need to be challenged suffer as a result. The principal at this school is great! She is exceptional with the kids and very accomodating within her means. I think the intentions of everyone here are good but the sheer number of children impacts the ability to effectively work one on one like children of this age need.

Kyrene de la Colina School
13612 S. 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Kyrene de la Colina School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene de la Colina School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top