Kyrene De La Esperanza School

Public | PK-5 & ungraded | 555 students

Posted October 14, 2013

My experience with this school has been very pleasant.the teachers are well trained,friendly ,caring,and open minded.The teaching is great and the curriculum challenging.....my child loved this school.

Posted July 11, 2013

Last year was our first year at Esperanza and we are so glad that we chose to send three of our children hear. The staff is out of this world!!!! Dr. Green is great and some how manages to know the majority of her students by name which says a lot about how much she truly cares for them. I highly recommend sending you student to Esperanza where they are sure to get the outstanding education that they deserve.

Posted June 13, 2013

Wow I can't understand why there aren't any up to date reviews. This school is fanwondertastic!! From the curriculum to the grounds keeping its great. My daughter really liked her last school in P.A. but she really loves Esperanza she loves learning and she is excelling what more can you ask for? I would like to thank the entire staff for being FANWONDERTASTIC!

Posted October 9, 2011

Excellent school! If you are an IT professional you will love it. It is very well equiped. Also has great library and music room. The teachers are wonderful and so creative with the teaching methods. Love the math games. The teachers are well educated and my daughter loves going to school. Parent-teacher communication is excellent. The principal is amazing!

Posted July 11, 2011

The school is great. My son started off in November of last year, and looked forward to school everyday. Coming from GA where he was not being challenged, he was able to get acclomated to the curriculum with the extra help from his teacher. The teachers are always smiling, and the principal is available. Being an IT professional, I would have to say that all the technology is comparable to what's in the offices of major companies. I can't wait for him to go back and start the 5th grade.

Posted April 27, 2011

Kindergarten is wonderful if you get the right teacher. Every year 1 or 2 teachers are hired last minute because enrollment numbers change so drastically late in the summer. These may be wonderful teachers, but in the 3 years I have been there I have seen these "new" teachers get some of the most difficult students. It is not fair to the teacher nor the students. I have had wonderful and caring teachers there, but kindergarten is tricky. We won't be going back next year.

Posted April 25, 2011

Awesome school and I love my daughters Kindergarten teacher. She has learned so much. Unfortuanately we are relocating to the East Coast after the school year. Otherwise we would definitely continue my child's education here. Mrs Roja's your are a wonderful teacher, very patient and caring.

Posted May 15, 2009

Excellent communication between the staff and parents. Wonderful staff all around, seem in tune with the community and the kids needs. Diverse in many ways.

Posted January 25, 2008

Esperanza has an amazing staff second to none. I have two kids in the school. The teachers are wonderful, competent, and go above and beyond expectations. Administration is a joke however. There is no leader, and the expectations are low. There is no dicipline from the top, and unruly kids are growing in numbers. The teachers do their best, but I think a principal should step in with some of the students in my son's class this year because the teacher should not have to deal with them all day.

Posted July 6, 2007

kyrene schools special ed is a little behind.... took them too long to get my child help... now that we are gone and moved to another state I see how far behind he fell because of the school

Posted June 3, 2007

My oldest son has passed through Esperanza from K-5th. The overall experience was fine. There were a couple years with teachers that I felt were not at all a good match for my son. 4th grade shuffled him through not thoroughly gaining foundational math basics making 5th grade a huge struggle. Some below average teachers but plenty who are very experienced and served the needs of the children. Great art and music programs. And lots opportunities for parent involvement and planned activities to include families. The parking lot/ drop off situation is absolutely ridiculous.

Posted July 2, 2006

Esperanza is a very good school. My son has attended the school for 2 years and will be in 5th grade in fall. His teachers have been excellent; caring and professional. His special needs / talents were identified and addressed quickly. I've never met an Esperanza parent who had anything but praise for the school and its teachers. My son has flourished there.

Posted April 28, 2006

My son is just graduating from this school this year. Overall, I would say the quality was very good. He was a Gifted student and benefited greatly from the gifted programs available there. I also liked the majority of the teachers.. Grade: B+

Posted April 16, 2006

We moved to the area specifically for this school, and have been disappointed. One of our 2 children was transferred to another Kyrene school (our choice) due to bullying by a classmate. (verbal AND physical) the school did NOTHING! Also, we moved cross country, and found the curriculum to be poor, although I understand it is good for AZ? Both children are repeating the same work they did in their schools last year. My child does have a caring teacher. We let our youngest stay in the school because we had just moved, so we have kept very close eyes on what has gone on there. We found it somewhat amusing that they had an assembly on bullying, but they turned a blind eye to our situation!

Posted April 13, 2006

Both of my children have attended Esperanza. The staff is OK and the teachers are caring. I guess this is supossed to be a great school. Can't say that for myself.

Posted March 8, 2006

Parents very welcomed and encouraged to volunteer. Extremely helpful/friendly teachers. Pro-active gifted learner identification and enrichment program. Positive environment!

Posted June 30, 2005

Above average, good staff, communication and computers available for most students, parents very involved

Posted August 27, 2003

This is a well run, enthusiastic and caring school. Our three children have received top-notch educations in an environment that is conducive to learning. The only negative we have discovered as people that walk to school is the traffic problem during the commute to school - one which probably applies to most schools across the valley.

Posted April 4, 2003

I have a K and 3rd grader there. The staff (entire administration and teachers) of this school has been phenomenal. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted March 30, 2003

Esperanza is a wonderful school where the teachers truly care about their students! My 2nd grader has had a fabulous experience!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 22%N/A47%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

14841 S. 41st Place