Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Our teacher provides an adequate amount of time to complete homework projects and provide context on how it fits into the curriculum. She also provides supplemental assignments to further learn concepts at home.

My son recently started at Estrella and has really enjoyed his experience. The school hosts many great events and the teachers are truly passionate about the kids and education. They also provide a variety of clubs and sports to enhance the kids' learning experience. Mr. Lamp and other leadership always great the parents and children in the morning and take the time to get to know everyone. Estrella does well with communicating to parents via newsletters, emails, and flyers.

I believe that the excellence with in the school starts with the leader. Mr. Lamp shows such wonderful skills in leading the school. Not only does he care for the teachers but also the parents and the students. He is so involved and really sticks himself out there to be the face for this school. I commute my children 40 minutes to this school and it has been so worth it. We are really happy with Estrella!

This is our home school but I have talked to several parents who send their kids here because the atmosphere is more down-to-earth and less 'keeping up with the Jonses'. The kids don't care what you wear or what you drive, and neither do the parents. The parents are very involved and friendly. I have seen only one instance of bullying in the 3 years my kids have been at Estrella (I hear it's much worse at other local schools).

Estrella is a wonderful school! My three children have spent all of their elementary years there. The staff is loving and caring. They have challenged my children, and helped them when they struggled. Estrella is a hidden gem in the community. If you are a family looking for a school for your child, I would highly recommend Estrella.

I pulled both of my children out of Sierra and moved them to Estrella this fall, following bullying issues. The competetive, judgemental nature that seems to be rampant at Sierra is nowhere to be seen in Estrella. The teachers are hardworking, innovative, and challenge my kids on a daily basis. Mr. Lamp cares deeply about the students and has made getting to know each of them as individuals his number one priority. I am impressed on a daily basis with the challenging, loving education that my children are receiving and I can't stress it enough how happy I am with my choice in schools.

I am a former student from Estrella and I can't say how much I miss it. The school was great and and took great deal in it's pride. Especially in CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. They created this new thing called Character Counts when i was in 5th and other Improvemnts like We deliver. We deliver is kind of like a postal service for the pupils in Estrella to send letters to. I was using it non stop! I've read comments about bulling. NOT ONCE IN MY 6 YEARS GOING TO ESTRELLA HAVE I EXPERIANCED OR WATCHED BULLING. WE HAD FREQUENT TALKS ABOUT IT ACTRUALLY. I'm sorry but as a fomer student their i can't say I believe you. Sorry. My 2 sisters go there and love it. My brother will soon to. . Its is a great school and for 5th and I am so glad i did it. It was fun even though I didn't win. Oh yeah i almost forgot. There is this thing called K3 and I thinks it helps you with reading and i went there. In 3rd I was able to read twice above my grade level and now i can read a whole trilogy in 2 days! Im not exagerating. Ugh there is so much i can tell you about but i barely have enough room left. Estrella is a great school, so keep it in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was sad news to see the principal leave to go work in another district. He was always kind and put the kids first. Dave will have BIG shoes to fill -- Dave is a wonderful person and I am happy to have in as principla, but Will miss our old principal!! He even did morning crossing some days!!

Both of my children attend Estrella Elementary and we can't say enough about how much we LOVE this school! We attend Estrella by choice - our home school is Kyrene de la Cerritos, but we find Estrella to be a much friendlier, welcoming school. Both of my children have much smaller class sizes than they would have at our home school - each with 20 students per class. I believe this makes the biggest difference in quality of education. They receive plenty of 1 on 1 and small group time with their teachers due to this small class size. The teachers at Estrella go out of their way to make our family feel welcome and to feel part of a community. My children have both been tested "gifted" through the district and they are constantly academically challenged. They have never had a problem with "bullying," either directly or indirectly. The school follows the Character Counts program and the teachers make behavior expectations clear and follow through on any discipline as necessary. The office staff is warm and welcoming and we couldn't be more pleased with our decision to choose Estrella Elementary as our school.

My child has attended Estrella for 4 years. pros: front office staff is wonderful, most teachers are super helpful and very qualified. Cons: Bullying IS a problem. Some kids lack any compassion for others that are different. Over the last two year is seems to have gotten worse and I'd have to say that nothing seems to get d one about it. I have thought about going through the district but instead look for alternatives for my child to attend another school. And it breaks my heart to do this because i afore the teachers, but when your child says they want to leave, you have to listen. No one should feel scared and anxious to go to school. This school started out great but has gone downhill with bullying behavior and the leadership seemingly not caring.

Last modified Kyrene De La Estrella Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.