Bad
Good

Kyrene de la Sierra, in short, has been a great school for all three of my kids. All three currently attend Sierra and I have watched them grow and blossom while at the school. My two oldest daughters have developed a thirst for learning and for trying new things and acquiring new schools. I directly attribute that to the dedication of their teachers, and to all of their teachers. My son is a special needs child, but Sierra gives him a caring, nurturing and patient environment where his ability to express himself and communicate with others has drastically improved. Most importantly, all of my three kids like going to school in general. They are keeping up with children who attend charter and private schools. They do have opportunities to learn and develop outside the classroom in specials ranging from spanish to chorus to track. If you are considering schools for your child, I would strongly urge a close look at Sierra. My kids have benefited greatly from attending and I believe it is a great environment for learning.

We relocated to Ahwatukee from out of state 2 years ago and love this school. We've found Sierra to be a warm, welcoming, family-like atmosphere, from the top-notch staff to the friendly and inclusive PTO. Of note is Sierra's pull-out Gifted Resource program. It is exactly what we wanted, because it helps our child mix with students of ALL abilities (like in real life) while still receiving phenomenal gifted instruction and support. (We'd looked into dedicated gifted programs at other schools and felt that putting our child in a "gifted bubble" just wasn't for us!) Sierra not only met our inclusive/gifted criteria, but it also has the small-school feel and closeness that we wanted. The down-to-earth staff, leadership, and PTO, as well as high-quality, experienced teachers and comfortable class sizes make this school AMAZING. So glad we did our research and picked this school before moving!

We are starting our 7th year at Sierra and I can't say enough about the teachers and staff, they are amazing. The PTO is friendly, active and productive. The academics are top notch and the environment is safe, happy and inclusive.

My daughters have been at Sierra since Kindergarten. I am so grateful for the leadership, teachers, admin staff and very active PTO. Sierra has proven itself as an outstanding school in an outstanding District by being the first No Place For Hate School in Arizona and creating a WATCH DOGS program. I interviewed many schools before my girls started and Sierra was clearly the best option. They are heading into 5th now and they are very happy, love their school and are doing fantastic academically.

I have the privilege of being a Sierra mom AND teacher! I value and respect my colleagues, appreciate the parental support and I am so grateful for being a part of this tightknit community.

My daughter has been going to Sierra 1st and now 2nd grade very challenging curriculum (reason why I picked this school) The staff and teachers are wonderful, helpful and care! I can not speak enough about the parent involvement it's AMAZING! This is an Amazing school for learning and community involvement. My daughter loves going to school and has made many friends. The demographics for this school is pretty amazing my daughter is mixed and this school is very diverse. A++ school here!

My daughter is in first grade and has been in this school since KG. I absolutely love this school and she loves going to school. The teachers take extra care, to the extent that her homeworks and classworks are customized. Safe and a nice locality for the school too.

The teachers at Sierra take extra time and care to meet each students individual needs. The students have an excellent learning environment and a strong sense of community. My son has been here for 3 years and has made good friends as well as learned beyond his years, through challenges and achievements. The curriculum is strong. The staff has great communication and is very attentive. Our family feels very secure with this school.

This school is the best in the valley. I have a 4th grader and 1st grader. When we moved to Sierra my older son was a total non reader (in 2nd). Now, because of all of the individualized attention and care he's fully caught up! The teachers (all of them) really care for and love my children. The secretaries, lunch ladies, and definitely the awesome principal and assistant principal. I'm so impressed not only with the teachers, but also the ladies in charge. It's really the ONLY choice!

Sierra is an amazing school. In fact, there is none finer in Kyrene ~ of Phoenix for that matter! The teachers are superb ~ all of them! The administration is new, but totally top notch. I have never met a more caring group of educators anywhere. I find it to be a big family, where everyone buys in and is involved. Sierra is definitely the place to be for educating children. I'm so happy I found it! In fact, I drive 15 minutes each day just to take my kids there. It's uncomparable!

Last modified Kyrene de la Sierra School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.