Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter has been going to Sierra 1st and now 2nd grade very challenging curriculum (reason why I picked this school) The staff and teachers are wonderful, helpful and care! I can not speak enough about the parent involvement it's AMAZING! This is an Amazing school for learning and community involvement. My daughter loves going to school and has made many friends. The demographics for this school is pretty amazing my daughter is mixed and this school is very diverse. A++ school here!

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter is in first grade and has been in this school since KG. I absolutely love this school and she loves going to school. The teachers take extra care, to the extent that her homeworks and classworks are customized. Safe and a nice locality for the school too.

Posted January 08, 2012
The teachers at Sierra take extra time and care to meet each students individual needs. The students have an excellent learning environment and a strong sense of community. My son has been here for 3 years and has made good friends as well as learned beyond his years, through challenges and achievements. The curriculum is strong. The staff has great communication and is very attentive. Our family feels very secure with this school.

Posted November 20, 2011
This school is the best in the valley. I have a 4th grader and 1st grader. When we moved to Sierra my older son was a total non reader (in 2nd). Now, because of all of the individualized attention and care he's fully caught up! The teachers (all of them) really care for and love my children. The secretaries, lunch ladies, and definitely the awesome principal and assistant principal. I'm so impressed not only with the teachers, but also the ladies in charge. It's really the ONLY choice!

Posted April 17, 2011
Sierra is an amazing school. In fact, there is none finer in Kyrene ~ of Phoenix for that matter! The teachers are superb ~ all of them! The administration is new, but totally top notch. I have never met a more caring group of educators anywhere. I find it to be a big family, where everyone buys in and is involved. Sierra is definitely the place to be for educating children. I'm so happy I found it! In fact, I drive 15 minutes each day just to take my kids there. It's uncomparable!

Posted April 16, 2010
I can't say enough about the wonderful staff, educational opportunities and sense of community that you get at Sierra. We have had excellent teachers for the past 5 years and our children have excelled academically. The PTO and events are fabulous as well and the resources available to the students are amazing.

Posted December 21, 2009

Kyrene de la Sierra School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
This is a terrific school. Our son just finished here and is now off to advanced classes in his new middle school. Sierra identified his math and language arts level and placed him in the school's gifted program and he continues to excel. Our daughter will enter 2nd grade at Sierra this year and she is a different situation. Sierra gives her additional reading instruction as they correctly identified that she was a bit behind in that subject. In both cases with two different kids, I am very happy with this school. I agree with the person who said not to spend your money on a private school to instead save it for college. This school has continued to deliver to our family for the last six years and still going!

Posted May 19, 2009
Don't waste your money on a private school if your children are able to attend Sierra...save it for college! My 3rd and 5th graders just finished their second year at Sierra and it has been nothing short of amazing. When we moved to the area I researched all the available schools and this one really stood out! The administration puts a strong emphasis on reaching each child's potential while creating a positive atmosphere that makes learning fun. There's tons of parental involvement and plenty of extracurricular activities. Ideally the class sizes could be smaller but the quality of the teachers more than makes up for it. Our family couldn't be happier.

Posted May 06, 2009
We have 2 children at Sierra and our 1st is leaving for 6th grade. Our experience has been nothing short of great. Staff really identifies with the children (their personalities and needs) and parents. I remember the first day of school 6 years back when I left my Kindergartener feeling so comfortable after the Principal and Librarian remembered not only my daughters name from 'Meet The Teacher' a week before but, ours as well. That was a good indicator for the many years of personalized attention I see the staff demonstrate daily. Because of the community feel, transitions between grades have been seamless . Even the Vice Principal hangs out in the lunch room and tells jokes/ pop trivia with pencil prizes. I wanted to share for new parents who are worried about the 1st day of school. Can't wait to do it all again with our incoming Kindergartener. Great experience!

Kyrene de la Sierra School
1122 E Liberty Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Kyrene de la Sierra School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene de la Sierra School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top