PK-5 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Kyrene De Las Lomas School 2

Posted October 24, 2013
This year is our 4th at Lomas, and while the teachers are wonderful and caring, the school falls short. There are way too many kids per teacher in each classroom for the teachers to be effective. Parental involvement is also low, so many kids don't receive personal attention at school unless they misbehave or qualify for Title I services. The kids are drilled and tested constantly, even in kindergarten. The principal barely communicates with parents. On the plus side, the office staff is wonderful...most parents know that they will respond to concerns a lot faster and more effectively than the principal does. I think with better leadership and more aids or parent volunteers, this school could do so much better.

Posted August 27, 2013
This is the 4th year my child attends Kyrene De Las Lomas. He is in 3rd grade and I am very happy with the education he is receiving at Lomas. His teachers have been amazing and they are always willing to communicate and discuss my child's progress. The office staff is very friendly.

Kyrene De Las Lomas School 4

Posted January 25, 2013
Lomas is a school with excellent and caring teachers. The children are very happy at Lomas. Most parents are happy too. Front office staff is very helpful and friendly. The PTA is phenomenal and welcomes any help offered with smiles. No petty parent cliques at Lomas! It is true that not many parents are able to volunteer a lot of time, however, most kids at Lomas have involved parents able to support their learning. Students are polite and engaged whenever I am in the school. Lomas is diverse which is a huge plus. Your child will receive a solid education at Lomas both academically and socially. This is a wonderful public school that gets better each year my family is here.

Kyrene De Las Lomas School 3

Posted July 30, 2012
I have been active at Lomas for 5-6 years. The school population has changed drastically over the years. The current principal is an ineffective communicator to parents, I have had to call multiple times because he does not return calls. Bullying is a huge issue and not addressd appropriately by the district or school administration. The teaching staff is awesome, but not supported by the district or principal. My children finished there and we are removing them from Kyrene district schools this year due to bullying and ineffective administrators.

Posted June 30, 2012
My son just finished first grade here and so far I am very impressed with the school. The teachers seem focused and professional and there are plenty of involved parents. Academic standards seem high and the school has an effective approach to discipline.

Kyrene De Las Lomas School 4

Posted January 29, 2012
I have been at been at Lomas for 4 quarters. I like Lomas but, however its not the best school. There is often kids in fist fights . The teaching is good . I do think kids get a good education .As for cafeteria food, it is not the best either.

Kyrene De Las Lomas School 1

Posted December 02, 2011
If I could do 1/2 a star I would . I have 3 children in las Lomas I have had a problem every year . The principal lol what principal if u have a problem u talk to the assistant . The actual principal is always too busy to talk to concerned parents . Sad if you have a problem with the teacher not communicating with you 2-3 weeks later . They try to stick up for teacher really .... I thought u email or call usually a concerned teacher will respond in a few days . No not here its ok to get snooty with parents at meeting with the principal too they allow it ... Call super lol they pretend to care rediculous school .... They used to at least care try to involve parents now they ask u notify if your going to visit and stay with ur child .:( ... I moved here for this great school district I have been nothing but disappointed ... I have a 5th grader ,3rd & 1 in kindergarten

Posted April 26, 2010
This school is awesome, great curriculum. Classrooms are not overloaded. Teachers communicate well with parents. My son loves going to school everyday.

Posted April 14, 2010
Teachers and pricipal are very involved. We also have fantastic parent volunteers! The programs are fun, family oriented, and educational.

Posted March 24, 2010
I love this school, but most importantly...my children love this school. They feel part of that community. The teachers so far have been terrific and their staff are always helpful and smiling! Way to go Lomas Eagles!

Kyrene De Las Lomas School
11820 S. Warner Elliot Loop, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Kyrene De Las Lomas School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene De Las Lomas School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top