PK-5 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Kyrene de los Lagos School 3

Posted February 05, 2014
The school seems to be going down hill, and this school year (2013-14) sadly it is only picking up its speed. It is a good school overall with a good staff and the principle who is in her 2nd year here is showing more leadership than the previous one and is present. PTO has been struggling but this year's staff is great and active, I only have good things to say about them. The parents, on the other hand, have been so sub-par. Not to mention that we hardly see parent volunteers on campus but also the driving habits and parking lot behaviors are appalling. The school is going to be a dual language academy starting from 2014 school year, and I only hope that will being more enthusiastic, responsible and involved parents and families with real commitment to this school community.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son's school is absolutely the best school in the U.S. The teachers are dedicated and truly care about theirs pupils. My son has a math disability and the entire staff (I am talking about 6 staff members here!) has been remarkable and has contributed a GREAT deal in his success. I would recommend this school in a heartbeat.

Kyrene de los Lagos School 1

Posted October 23, 2013
My 7 yo attended summer school here, and several HOURS after I dropped him off, they left me a message asking if he was absent that day bc he wasn't there for attendance. I was working & when I got the message I FREAKED. OUT. I was thinking that my son was out wandering the streets for the last 3 hours, even though I had seen him enter the building at drop-off. I called the office & they said that the teacher had sent back an update saying that my son was actually there, but had been missed during attendance. But the office never called me to update me, and left me thinking that my son was missing!! I don't know how many of the Lagos staff was actually working the office during summer school, or if it was people from all over Kyrene district or what. The whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth either way.

Kyrene de los Lagos School 3

Posted January 12, 2013
This school has very low parental involvement. The PTO has struggled to get enough volunteers. Too many children being bussed from more than 20 miles away. Teachers overall are very good, but design the class room for the middle. If your child is above that, pick a different school. My rating for the principal is based on the 2009-2012 years. There is a new one this year...too soon to tell.

Posted January 11, 2013
I am so happy with the school! My daughter goes to kindergarten,I absolutely love her teacher, she is always available for parents with questions, I always email her with all kinds of questions or concerns and she replies so promptly and politely. The principal is very approachable and friendly. I am extremely impressed with the Kindergarten curriculum. My daughter absolutely loves the school, she works on homework everyday, she loves reading and writing. I absolutely recomend this school!

Posted July 07, 2011
The Lagos staff is amazing. My children truly enjoy this school. The principal is inviting and has the best interest of kids at heart. There are so many family activities and ways for parents to be involved.

Kyrene de los Lagos School 1

Posted June 06, 2011
The principal is never able to speak with you: I waited for over three days to talk with her and she just laughed as she does with most things such a poor principal!! I pulled my children and never looked back:(

Posted April 18, 2011
My two children went to Lagos and my daughter is now in college and my son is at Akimel. They both loved their school and always wanted to be there. My daughter ran for Student Council and her interest in that continued High School. Ms. Anderson helped my son who was on the cusp of gifted and he is now working 2 grade levels up in middle school. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved. I'm lucky the school is in my neighborhood and helps maintain our property values. Thanks to all who choose Lagos - a great place for kids.

Posted April 26, 2010

Posted April 26, 2010
My son is a first grader at Lagos. He loves going to school each day and is excited to share all the new things he has learned. In addition to loving his classroom teacher, he also loves having music, art and PE. Those special teachers are very encouraging and positive with him. He attends Kids Club after school and begs for me to leave him there late. We live in the Kyrene district but not in the neighborhood. I choose to bring my son here because of all of the opportunites at Lagos. The prinicipal, Mrs. Yalung is awesome. My son enjoys talking with her and and meeting her for special lunches.

Kyrene de los Lagos School
17001 S 34th Way, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Kyrene de los Lagos School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene de los Lagos School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top