Bad
Good

The school seems to be going down hill, and this school year (2013-14) sadly it is only picking up its speed. It is a good school overall with a good staff and the principle who is in her 2nd year here is showing more leadership than the previous one and is present. PTO has been struggling but this year's staff is great and active, I only have good things to say about them. The parents, on the other hand, have been so sub-par. Not to mention that we hardly see parent volunteers on campus but also the driving habits and parking lot behaviors are appalling. The school is going to be a dual language academy starting from 2014 school year, and I only hope that will being more enthusiastic, responsible and involved parents and families with real commitment to this school community.

My son's school is absolutely the best school in the U.S. The teachers are dedicated and truly care about theirs pupils. My son has a math disability and the entire staff (I am talking about 6 staff members here!) has been remarkable and has contributed a GREAT deal in his success. I would recommend this school in a heartbeat.

This school has very low parental involvement. The PTO has struggled to get enough volunteers. Too many children being bussed from more than 20 miles away. Teachers overall are very good, but design the class room for the middle. If your child is above that, pick a different school. My rating for the principal is based on the 2009-2012 years. There is a new one this year...too soon to tell.

I am so happy with the school! My daughter goes to kindergarten,I absolutely love her teacher, she is always available for parents with questions, I always email her with all kinds of questions or concerns and she replies so promptly and politely. The principal is very approachable and friendly. I am extremely impressed with the Kindergarten curriculum. My daughter absolutely loves the school, she works on homework everyday, she loves reading and writing. I absolutely recomend this school!

my son went to kinder and is now in 1st grade at Lagos he loves his teachers they are great with my child he has learned so much i feel safe with there security before and after school they offer after school programs this will be our first year taking them but my son is very exited to start

The Lagos staff is amazing. My children truly enjoy this school. The principal is inviting and has the best interest of kids at heart. There are so many family activities and ways for parents to be involved.

The principal is never able to speak with you: I waited for over three days to talk with her and she just laughed as she does with most things such a poor principal!! I pulled my children and never looked back:(

My two children went to Lagos and my daughter is now in college and my son is at Akimel. They both loved their school and always wanted to be there. My daughter ran for Student Council and her interest in that continued High School. Ms. Anderson helped my son who was on the cusp of gifted and he is now working 2 grade levels up in middle school. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved. I'm lucky the school is in my neighborhood and helps maintain our property values. Thanks to all who choose Lagos - a great place for kids.

My son is a first grader at Lagos. He loves going to school each day and is excited to share all the new things he has learned. In addition to loving his classroom teacher, he also loves having music, art and PE. Those special teachers are very encouraging and positive with him. He attends Kids Club after school and begs for me to leave him there late. We live in the Kyrene district but not in the neighborhood. I choose to bring my son here because of all of the opportunites at Lagos. The prinicipal, Mrs. Yalung is awesome. My son enjoys talking with her and and meeting her for special lunches.

After having a poor experience with another school district we enrolled our children in Lagos. We have had nothing but positive experiences with teachers, administration, and other students. Our children are thriving in this school.

Last modified Kyrene de los Lagos School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.