Bad
Good

Larkspur is below expectations in my opinion. My son started there last year in kindergarden,and is now in first grade the teachers are very complainy always sending some kid of make your day slip home almost everyday. My son gets them because he is in a speech class and cant complete all his work in homeroom cause he has speech but the teacher complains he didn't complete his work like every other day I get a note. Just the other day the school was on lock down and there was a police helicopter circling looking for a perpetrator around 11am and I wasn't notified till 5 pm in the afternoon. They never notify of anything going on, not till usually way later. Its like why wasnt I notified of what is going on! Its important to let the parents know about whats going on at the school. Im very disappointed with this school. Theres really nothing for the kids to play on at recess or before school. No shade of anykind! Its worth about the 5 stars it has. It has 5 stars for a reason, do your research before sending your children to larkspur.

So far this year with the new school being built the campus has been nothing but chaos. The parking/student aides haven't a clue what they're doing and a small percentage of them are extremely rude. The kids have had no where to go before school starts except for the basketball court and a jungle gym. No grass yet and no shade has been provided which brings me to picking up the kids at the end of the day. They're forced to stand outside in the blistering heat waiting for the parking aides to waive the cars in. It's summer and easily 106-110 outside. Why did no one think to cover the area where the children are being picked up? Now the bright side, the principal is great. She is fair, understanding and went to great lengths to help my son last year. She even answers the phone herself at times! This year my son is prepared and ready to take on the 2nd grade. His teacher seems really great. Her classroom is organized, homework has been concise and easy to understand. He came home with 100% on his first spelling quiz! He says he really likes her. He especially loves his art teacher, says he's very funny! Open house is next week, I'm hopeful these kinks will work their way out soon. :)

I believe larkspur is a great school because it is excelling in learning the loving staff are surpassed by no one. The teachers have a heart for children and their learning needs and they make them feel important and not just like everyone else. They have a very strong NO BULLING POLICY they act accordingly to make sure the kids aren't bullied . The homors and special needs are excellent and the arts and music are great. The students care for their teachers and vice versa. I am very impressed with the teachers nurses helpers they make sure they let the parent know if the child is falling behind and take the steps to aid the child with a sense self worth to help the child catch up. The computer class's are advanced and start off early for the the children my kindergartner came home and knew how to use Grandma's computer I think that is also very important to them to learn new things . this is such a great school!

I am a student here but leaving to go to 7 I was here since 5 it is a really good School.The PE teacher is to riled or mean when your hurt she would say keep running or she wouldn't let you go to the nurse the 6 and 5 grade teachers are awesome. The teachers in the office are really nice my brother and sister were in 2 and 1 grade now there going into 2 and 3.they recently built a new school.I hope my brother and sister are happy next year /this year

Larkspur is a great school. Sometimes a bit disorganized, but I think that's district wide. My daughter loves all of the teachers and school activities. The front office is always friendly and extremely helpful. We are moving soon and one of my daughter's concerns was that we stay within the Larkspur boundaries. I hope to see more positive reviews for Larkspur.

This school is really disorganized. The open school night is a week after school begins. My son will not be able to meet his teacher before the first day. They don t even know when busses will be picking up students and school starts in a week and a half! The lack of preparation they have also shows with in the classrooms. Last year my son was not welcomed and his teacher sent home notes on a daily basis for things like him rolling his pencil and getting a drink of water without asking. If this year is as bad as last we will be moving him out!

My family just moved to the area from Chandler and my son has been here for about a month now, I am very disappointed in this school. My son is in 1st grade and his teacher is constantly sending notes home complaining for every little thing, If she wants to be so detailed about how she wants things done then she should have sent a paper explaining how her class is run.Instead my son and I are left in the dark trying to figure out what to do to keep up with her demands.I am left asking my 7 year old what this or that means or when this or that is due, thats a lot of responsibility for him and I am annoyed with her lack of responsibility as a teacher and leader.After this school year I hope next year his teacher is more professional or we will be relocating to another school!

I moved my 3 children to Larkspur after having trouble with another school. The principal is wonderful and always avalible to her parents and student I have children in 3rd 4th and 5th grade all the teachers I have delt with at Larkspur have been great they really have a passion for education and their students

My son has been at Larkspur since kindergarten, going into the 4th grade. The principal is awesome!! She really makes herself available to all. Parents can't complain to others, yet not be active in finding some sort of resolution for their child's problems. Say something to the principal, she'll help you. The rating of school is solely based on AIMS. With the Hispanic pop at Larkspur, THAT does bring the excelling status down. Doesn't make it any less of a great school and the Hispanic pop. doesn't take any attention away from my kid. Hispanic kids have pull out classes that help them. My one tiny complaint is that my son's 3rd grade teacher basically quit teaching after AIMS was taken. No more homework and not much to show in a day. I'm sure they were doing SOMETHING, but there was such a drive and HUGE amounts of homework before AIMS, then nothing afterward. Kind of dissapointing, but something that could happen with a teacher at any school. There are lots of ways for parents to help out and help is definitely needed if you ask. The PTSA this past year was amazing with free movie nights and best carnival ever! Larkspur rocks!

As a parent of two kids attending this school...this school is better than most when handling problematic kids and other issues. I have had to leave another nearby school due to unprofessional and uncaring attitudes from the Principal on down! Larkspur is amazing and VERY supportive of any concerns that I have had and with positive results. I believe society has put way to much resposibility on the schools to handle "bullying".....It is also the Parents responsibility to teach their kids not to be victims and handle rough situations on their own. School is not perfect, and neither is Life. Let your kids experience the normalcy of what it has to offer, and stop being a wimp and let others fight your battles.

Last modified Larkspur Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.