PK-6 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted November 14, 2014
LOM could be such a wonderful school if administration would STOP micromanaging their staff. Teachers need breathing space and the freedom to teach the way they want, or what works for them. I have been in many different classrooms and the students aren't engaged. It's really sad! Learning needs to be fun!!! Something's got to change.

Posted October 22, 2014
This is our 3rd year at Lookout Mountain. We are looking for a new school for our children to attend. With new mandated standards, seems to me the drive to really teach children is gone. I spend a lot of time volunteering in order to stay up to tune on what my children are learning. Over the last 2 yrs seems like teachers are implemting "here, do this packet ". One of my child's teachers plays music all day that I don't even allow my children to listen to. If you are trying to get a hold of the Principal, good luck. I have yet to have my emails responded to and when I ask to speak to her in person, she always seems to be too busy. If you need to take your children out of school early, be ready to face the rath of the office staff. My children missed 1 day of school last yr and when I tried to take them out early one afternoon, the front office hounded me as if my children were often truent. Bottom line: lack luster Administration; a beautiful new school full of garbage.

Lookout Mountain School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
This school is beyond horrific. Children flashing genitalia to other children on the playground, behavior specialists bully children, the front desk staff is rude and condescending...Teachers are inadequate, and under-educated. The school looks nice from the outside, but the inside is a unorganized mess full of staff who care very little about the work that they do...I can't stress enough how bad this school is....avoid the fake positive reviews...this school is a cesspool...

Posted March 10, 2014
The only way you could possibly think this school was great, would be if you had no experience with a great school. There are lots of really good schools around. The curriculum here is about one to two FULL years behind the local charter schools. The new building sure is nice, but even with that, and the additional students it attracted, the quality or education is dropping. The school does a poor job with differentiation and makes kids sit through things they already know just to let the rest of the class catch up. If your child is average or needs to catch up, this might be a good school. If you child is ahead or a high achiever, this is not a good school for him or her. Also, bullies are everywhere and the staff and especially the administration dismiss it instead of addressing it and correcting the problem.

Posted August 04, 2013
We are excited to start our third year as Lookout Mountain Lions in our brand new school. Our K and 1st teachers were amazing! Both were very organized, pushed our kids, and provided great support for our kids. We also use the Kidspace and we used the Early Enrichment programs. The Kidspace leaders do a great job with our after-school care and the Early Enrichment program was a great overall experience for our child. In our experience the administrative staff have been helpful as much as they could. We had one challenge last year involving a district policy that the school personnel simply could not change. In our experience the princicpal and assistant principal run a tight ship, hold high expectations for the teachers, kids, and for the community. We love Lookout Mountain.

Lookout Mountain School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
I have mixed feelings about the school. I am extremely active in my child's studies, and volunteer weekly. As well as participate in many school events. My child's last teacher was amazing, helped my child feel confident in reading and writing. I do have a problem with the staff at the front office. They are never friendly. Especially when they are asked questions. I see a lot of older children bullying younger children right in front of teachers, and they don't get corrected or punished. Upsets me greatly(so I say something) I find the principal is unhelpful. I've come to her with two concerns and she promised it would be addressed and it NEVER was. When I approached her again, she didnt even remember me or my original concerns. I feel a lot of what she says is for show. I wouldn't say this is the best school honestly from my experience. If it wasn't for my experience with last years teacher I would lower my rating.

Posted June 04, 2013
I appreciate everyone's viewpoint because it is the truth according to that person. That is why you have to look at the entire spectrum of reviews to see what the community perspective is. Of course each school has its successes and failures, ups and downs, and celebrations and struggles. This school is no different, however all the staff members I know there do a fantastic job integrating new technology, developing parental relationships, and successfully educating young minds. Several recent Lookout students were Valedictorian and Salutatorian at different high schools across the city. One at a private school and two at public schools. This is a great school.

Posted June 03, 2013
Lookout Mountain is a FANTASTIC school! The teachers and staff are outstanding. My son is thriving academically and LOVES going to school! My son had a bully issue in kindergarten which was taken care of immediately by his classroom teacher. No complaints here! We LOVE Lookout Mountain!!

Lookout Mountain School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
First of all this school was most recently rated as a B school. Yet, the "excelling school" banner is still advertised out front. That should tell you something about the administration. Next, we had a teacher who could not write a complete sentence and misused words (as though she did not know the meaning of them). This teacher assigned the parents homework...perhaps because she did not know how to teach the children herself. She made the parents do remedial activities with the kids. This parental homework was for things that the children should have known years ago. If the parent did not sign off that he or she went over these items with the child, then the child got in trouble. Obviously, this school knows nothing about how to create responsible children if it is punishing and rewarding children directly on their parents behavior instead of on the child's behavior. The women who work on the playground are disrespectful towards the children and target certain kids that fit their profile. Bullying runs rampant. There is no anti-bulling program at this school and we were retaliated against for explaining how our child was physically attacked. The mornings are total chaos.

Posted July 27, 2012
Im a student at LOM its awesome! Right now there building a new school for it i am relly,with LOM.

Lookout Mountain School
15 W Coral Gables Dr, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified Lookout Mountain School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lookout Mountain School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top