Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers pick and choose who they give good treatment to and who they give bad treatment to. Bullying is very bad and teachrs don't enforce anti-bullying. They ignore it.

I am a mom of a kindergartner. BULLYING IS A BIG PROBLEM AT THIS SCHOOL. I took a survey a couple of weeks ago that they sent out because there are only a few weeks left of school, asking if I think my child is safe at school. I checked "Definitely not". I have yet receive anything back about it. The teachers do not enforce anti-bullying. My son is a car rider and nearly everyday, I see the teachers walking the children to their cars. It's like the teachers are just going through the motions. I saw two girls in line kicking another little girl in their class and the teacher just ignored it. My son has been bullied by other boys and when he has tried to defend himself, he gets in trouble, but they dont do anything to enforce good behavior. I dont think they care about the children, especially the student services specialist. She just takes the teachers word and punishes the kids how she sees fit. I would not recommend this school based on that alone and the fact that the teachers just hand out busy work for kids to take home. There is no such thing as "teaching" at this school.

Dedicated teachers, excellent administration, beautiful campus, and a great sense of community! Community of Caring School based on Family, Respect, Caring, Responsibility, and Trust. Excellent test scores, well above state & district averages.

Lookout mountain is very unorganized. After two months enrolling my child into this school the teacher decided to contact me saying they do not understand my child's current IEP from DVUSD.. Easiest thing to read! So I went in for a meeting, another month goes by they want to "go over" my child's IEP and changed it completely. Put nonsense things in it and contradicted themselves.. I kept having to call the district after the principal wouldn't return my multiple phone calls. About this and regarding my child telling me her "teacher" sits on her computer most the day and her friend has to explain to her what to do on the assignment. The office staff is very unfriendly and they question the reasoning why you are singing your child out and "can it wait after school or another timing." After all these years as a parent I shouldn't be questioning that....

LOM could be such a wonderful school if administration would STOP micromanaging their staff. Teachers need breathing space and the freedom to teach the way they want, or what works for them. I have been in many different classrooms and the students aren't engaged. It's really sad! Learning needs to be fun!!! Something's got to change.

This is our 3rd year at Lookout Mountain. We are looking for a new school for our children to attend. With new mandated standards, seems to me the drive to really teach children is gone. I spend a lot of time volunteering in order to stay up to tune on what my children are learning. Over the last 2 yrs seems like teachers are implemting "here, do this packet ". One of my child's teachers plays music all day that I don't even allow my children to listen to. If you are trying to get a hold of the Principal, good luck. I have yet to have my emails responded to and when I ask to speak to her in person, she always seems to be too busy. If you need to take your children out of school early, be ready to face the rath of the office staff. My children missed 1 day of school last yr and when I tried to take them out early one afternoon, the front office hounded me as if my children were often truent. Bottom line: lack luster Administration; a beautiful new school full of garbage.

This school is beyond horrific. Children flashing genitalia to other children on the playground, behavior specialists bully children, the front desk staff is rude and condescending...Teachers are inadequate, and under-educated. The school looks nice from the outside, but the inside is a unorganized mess full of staff who care very little about the work that they do...I can't stress enough how bad this school is....avoid the fake positive reviews...this school is a cesspool...

The only way you could possibly think this school was great, would be if you had no experience with a great school. There are lots of really good schools around. The curriculum here is about one to two FULL years behind the local charter schools. The new building sure is nice, but even with that, and the additional students it attracted, the quality or education is dropping. The school does a poor job with differentiation and makes kids sit through things they already know just to let the rest of the class catch up. If your child is average or needs to catch up, this might be a good school. If you child is ahead or a high achiever, this is not a good school for him or her. Also, bullies are everywhere and the staff and especially the administration dismiss it instead of addressing it and correcting the problem.

We are excited to start our third year as Lookout Mountain Lions in our brand new school. Our K and 1st teachers were amazing! Both were very organized, pushed our kids, and provided great support for our kids. We also use the Kidspace and we used the Early Enrichment programs. The Kidspace leaders do a great job with our after-school care and the Early Enrichment program was a great overall experience for our child. In our experience the administrative staff have been helpful as much as they could. We had one challenge last year involving a district policy that the school personnel simply could not change. In our experience the princicpal and assistant principal run a tight ship, hold high expectations for the teachers, kids, and for the community. We love Lookout Mountain.

I have mixed feelings about the school. I am extremely active in my child's studies, and volunteer weekly. As well as participate in many school events. My child's last teacher was amazing, helped my child feel confident in reading and writing. I do have a problem with the staff at the front office. They are never friendly. Especially when they are asked questions. I see a lot of older children bullying younger children right in front of teachers, and they don't get corrected or punished. Upsets me greatly(so I say something) I find the principal is unhelpful. I've come to her with two concerns and she promised it would be addressed and it NEVER was. When I approached her again, she didnt even remember me or my original concerns. I feel a lot of what she says is for show. I wouldn't say this is the best school honestly from my experience. If it wasn't for my experience with last years teacher I would lower my rating.

Last modified Lookout Mountain School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.