Phoenix, AZ

Posted September 25, 2013
The music program at Lowell Elementary is amazing, at the last recital a student in third grade was playing Beethoven - Fur Elise.

Posted March 15, 2012
I went to Lowell Elementary from the end of first grade through the eighth grade and I had a great experience. I had such wonderful teachers and to this day, as an adult I am so grateful for my elementary educational experience. After being promoted from Lowell I was in the International Baccalaurate Program at North High School. I graduated NHS and went on to Arizona State University. I am just months away from graduating with a Bachelors of Science from ASU. All three of my siblings also went to Lowell and are doing very well. We're all in the university and pursuing careers. More than the books that we read or the projects that we were given, what the Lowell staff did for my family was to instill a sense of community, confidence, and curiosity for the world.

Posted May 14, 2008
Comparing to the other schools that I have worked at, the teaching staff here at Lowell is happier than most. When teachers are happy, students tend to be happier and succeed and want to continue to make their teachers happy. It is a difficult demographic to start with and there are definitely things that we are constantly working to improve. As it is, we are doing our best to improve education for our students. I really love it at Lowell. The students, other teachers and administrative staff are great and I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Posted August 17, 2007
My son has been in this school since he was in kinder. The teacher and staff have always welcomed me in. I have always felt like if I need to talk to a teacher she will tell me when I can come in and talk to her. I love this school. I am glad my son is there.

Posted August 14, 2007

Lowell School 1

Posted November 08, 2006

Posted July 06, 2006

Posted May 08, 2006
My daughter is in kindergarten at Lowell School. She is reading well,has learned addition and substration, and she's writing sentences. Good teachers make a big difference thumbs up for Lowell School teachers.

Posted May 06, 2006
Lowell students are so well prepared when they are promoted from Lowell's 8th grade, that they enroll in Honor's classes in high school. Many are accepted into the International Baccalaurate Program at North, Brophy Prep, Xavier,and St. Mary's. Music, both vocal and instrumental are available as well as an excellent PE program. Lowell has a Robotics Club, Sally Ride Girls' Science Club, Wake Up Club, girls and boys'basketball teams and boys flag football teams for the older students. Parents are one of the important reasons,Lowell has recently been recognized as an A+ Exemplary School. From Site Council, PTO, trip chaperones to Boyce Thompson Arboretum to Washington, DC, parents are very involved in the decision making process at Lowell. Parents know that students are in a safe and secure caring environment where their children are afforded an excellent education.

Posted July 15, 2005
This coming year will be my children's second year a Lowell School. Lowell was highly recomended by a co-worker that also has her children attending Lowell. I am so glad that I made this choice in transfering my children. This principal, teacher & office staff make you fill worthy. At the other school I felt that my children were just a number. The office staff & principal also greet you with a smile and are very helpful. The teachers all have the same expectatons for all students and that is to learn, respect, have a positive attitude & no bullying. I made the right choice to have sent my children to Lowell, because a child's early (K- 6) years in education is the most crucial. I would like to also acknowledge the 7/8 grade magnet program who help prepare those students for highschool & college. Lowell You Are The Best!

Lowell School
1121 South 3rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85003
Last modified Lowell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top