Posted April 17, 2014
I enrolled my son in Madison Heights after we moved from the East coast and this school has been great. The teachers and principal really care about the students, the parents get involved and they really made my son feel welcome.

Posted January 18, 2014
As a former teacher and now a parent, I am fairly critical of educational environments. Our top priorities were to find a socioeconomically & racially diverse, child-centered environment with a strong sense of community, happy teachers, & opportunities for academic challenge. We could not be more pleased with Madison Heights. In addition to everything we wanted, we got a dual language program (new this year in 1st grade). Madison Heights is specializing in foreign languages and is a magnet for the highly gifted program for the district. Our son is happy to go to school, engaged in his learning, adores his teachers, and has made lots of friends. He spends half of his instructional day in English and half in Spanish. He enjoys the after school program, which provides a nice variety of academic and recreational activities (and is affordable). The community is small - less than 500 students - so the administrators know all of the kids and families. Teacher turnover is minimal, & the teachers we have met seem to genuinely enjoy children. Staff are responsive and pleasant. Expectations are clear, communication is good, and we are very happy.

Posted January 16, 2014
I honestly can't say anything negative about my daughter's experience at Heights! She has been attending for the last 3 years and loves the Spanish Immersion program, extracurricular activities, teachers, etc. Her quality of education far surpasses that of my son who was not a student at Heights, parent involvement is amazing, and she has made amazing friends and memories.

Madison Heights Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
Madison Heights for K-4 is excellent! The principal is outstanding and the teachers really care for the wellbeing of our child. The pre-school program is absolutely unacceptable. They cannot keep a teacher for more than a few months and the director of the program does not receive feedback well. We would definitely have not put our 3 year old in the program. However, our 7 year old is doing great in the K-4 side of the school. The pre-school and MAC programs need a complete overhaul...be wary.

Posted January 19, 2013
My boys (Kinder and 2nd grade) love Heights. It is a beautiful school with a very caring principal and we have had nothing but high quality and committed teachers. There is no pressure to volunteer but it is most appreciated when you do. My experience has been that communication (I always email) with teachers has been great. While I recognize nothing is perfect, with realistic expectations there is not much more I could ask for in a public school.

Posted December 07, 2012
Our kids attended Madison Heights for one year and we were very sad to move away. The school has a terrific community feel, wonderful teacher communication, and excellent parent involvement. The teachers are top-notch and the school is run very well. All of the special classes are well-designed and really encourage the kids to grow and explore. I hope that they will get a better gifted or advanced placement program to keep some of the families there who have children with those needs. Otherwise, this is a wonderful school to send your children to.

Madison Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
We have raised 5 children in various schools throughout AZ. We are now raising our grandchildren, our grand daughter is in K at Madison Heights. We have been so impressed with the support and encouragement from the office staff, principal, and our grand daughter's teacher. The recent Fall Festival was amazing! Wonderful support and involvement from parents, higher level students, and staff. Our grand children had a blast!

Posted August 15, 2012
Love Heights!! This is our third year at the school and we have had a great experience. The teachers work very hard to provide the best education possible for each child. I love that parents are welcome to visit and volunteer. We have met so many nice families and staff. It feels like home!

Madison Heights Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2012
Madison Heights has a great staff (front desk), but in my opinion the Principle need to rethink some of her strategy. My child was sent twice! to after school program instead on the bus home . The principle drop her off without any apology and explanation.The bus drivers don't count the kids in the bus. ! Mr Much 4th grade teacher is an excellent teacher and he will help your child grow and challenge him/her. Ver dedicated teacher and he loves teaching.

Madison Heights Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2012
I went to Madison Heights a year back. I did like our new principal but I had a mean teacher who I'll keep anonomus. The kids who needed more help didn't want to ask the teachers for help. The days felt like years they felt really slow. But I did like my Music Teacher,The P.E Coach, The Libarian, And The Lunch Ladies.

Madison Heights Elementary School
7150 N 22nd Street, Phoenix, AZ  85020
Last modified Madison Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top