School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Madison Simis is a wonderful school with a long heritage of excellence. Parents are involved, teachers are caring and hard-working, students are eager to learn. It is nurtured by an enlightened Phoenix community and enjoys a beautiful setting. We take pride in all that we have accomplished and are ever in a mode of continuous improvement. Thank you for your continued interest in Simis, and for your support.
June 09, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The best thing about our district is there are a number of good schools to choose from, and Simis ranks at the top with all of them. Please don't overlook Simis because it is a public school. The facilities are state of the art environment, and children with all types of learning styles are provided rich opportunities to thrive. It has a wonderful IB program that teaches our children great character traits and to think globally. When the standardized testing changed a couple years ago, Simis was able to pivot and provide our children with the skills to show improvement every year on their scores. Lastly, the Parents and Teachers at Simis(PATS) and Dad's Club are fantastic groups that encourage parent involvement in their children's education. They are supportive organizations that fundraise and enrich the educational activities for our children. We are so fortunate to live in a district where our home school provides such a competitive, well-rounded education for our children.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Dr Flowers is a very sweet, fair and educated woman. She backs up what she says with facts, experiences and information that benefits all. Some folks do not get the "warm fuzzies" from her and that is unfortunate. I believe it is because they don't try to get to know her or understand where she is coming from at times.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is an IB School. There is an IB Unit shared every week in the e-blast and in communication on campus, in fliers, etc. My sons show a lot of respect, responsibility and compassion to others and I know some of that is learned from SIMIS.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Awesome teachers juggling a lot, but effectively. We have one child with a first year teacher and were a bit apprehensive about it, but we just got back from conferences and he's doing great and learning a ton. As long as the teachers have support and communication from parents, they are definitely effective.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is given but the teachers don't go crazy with too much and they expect to at least see work done on some of it than nothing. Plus, I think it helps compliment what the child is doing in the classroom. Parents should see what their children are learning and participate in their learning. It is not all the same as what we did as kids and I didn't go to an IB school, so I sometimes do the work along with them to understand what is going on.

We love the fact that it is an IB school and incorporates values and integrity in our children while they learn. Because there is more to life than just great grades (which my children are getting too!) The teachers are easy to talk to, the staff is positive and warm and I love how beautiful the campus is. If you want your child to have a well-rounded educational experience, I highly suggest this school. While there are other options in this district, I believe Simis is the best because they not only offer a great education and amazing teachers and programs (DIGGS, Spanish, Art Masterpiece etc,) but fun social aspects (class parties, school and parent events and opps to volunteer in a variety of ways)...plus, a no fuss-no muss Fall Fundraiser that doesn't make you buy wrapping paper or cookie dough, just asks for CASH/Online donations (tax deductible of course!)

My son has been at Simis for two years. The school not only has excellent teachers/faculty/administrators, but the whole community is wonderful! As a former graduate of Simis, I can honestly say that the tangible things like high test scores and high performance by students has not changed in 30 plus years. While new schools/charter schools pop up and new techniques/teaching styles are trending, it is reassuring and commendable that Simis has found a way to be successful throughout the years. I am confident they will continue to stay ahead of the curve.

Our daughter (now in 2nd grade) is thriving and we are extremely happy with Simis. The IB program encourages students to be well-rounded and open-minded- they learn through a variety of experiences including individual and group activities in the classroom, physical education, foreign language, art and music. Simis' parent-teacher organization (PATS) is wonderful as well- they host fun family events and provide funding for all the classroom needs (and wants) including a structured recess program that the kids love! We highly recommend Simis to all families in the North Central area!

I can't say enough great things about Madison Simis . The teachers and the administration are amazing and really care. My son is thriving and loving everything about Simis. The IB program is fantastic and he is challenged academically daily.

I feel this way because it has great every thing in it! Also it is very fun!

Last modified Madison Richard Simis School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.