Madison Rose Lane School

Public | PK-5 | 862 students

Posted September 8, 2011

My daughter has attended Rose Lane since Kinder, she is now in the second grade. We feel lucky to have her here. Although there are allot kids enrolled the staff seems to manage well. All of her teachers to this point have been great! Also, parents seem to be very engaged.

Posted July 17, 2011

I think that teachers should be more involved in students curriculum making sure they do their homework. I also think it should more challenging, the homework is too easy and the reading requirements. I have several kids in this school and I've seen different teachers how they are involved and I've seen quite few that they don't care that much. An example: my son was writing and I usually make him write straight on paper, so one day I let him do his writing without me telling him or making him write straight, so he finished and of course he writes chicken sticks can't understand it and he turns in his homework and I would think that the teacher would give him a low score... But not so! She writes excellent! I'm thinking, What on earth is she thinking? This is just one kid I can tell another one but it wold be endless. I care about childrens education and since they spend majority time in school, I believe that schools should be more time academically challenging.

Posted February 27, 2011

Lunchtime is a disaster: Kids are rushed, don't get adequate time to eat or to use the bathroom in the cafeteria. No one supervises kids in the cafeteria bathroom who are running around, climbing the stalls and running all the water to make spit balls. Then, on the playground, again, no one supervises the bathrooms. Kids have accidents (Kindergartners) regularly because they are scared to use the one outside with running and screaming kids and the teachers REFUSE to let them use the one in the classroom during lunch because it disturbs them while they are eating. And, teacher really have no clue what happens at lunch because unlike at many schools where teachers are with kids at lunch, here, just a bunch of low-paid aids are with the kids. They don't know the kids' names, much less what their needs are. It is really a disaster.

Posted January 5, 2011

Amazing school! My son has improved so much by going! He had a hard time with his speech and behavioral issues; but the staff worked one on one to help with both issues. His teacher actually responds to my emails within a couple of hours and helps work out any issues; daily updates. As a worry wart I don't have to worry about my son in school. One less thing for me!

Posted March 15, 2010

Rose Lane is truly an amazing school! We have two children who attend and live outside of the district. The quality and caliber of teachers and staff is remarkable. The school is very safe for children as they practice both lockdown and fire drills on a regular basis. This school is truly the gem of North-central Phoenix and I feel blessed to have our family as part of this incredible community!!!

Posted September 17, 2009

It is a great school with wonderful teachers who care about the students and help them reach beyond their potential

Posted September 17, 2009

Great atmosphere with dedicated teachers and a community of mixed learners to share the experiences of growing and cooperating with one another together!

Posted May 18, 2009

The best teachers ever! great environment, to raise children in. The best parent involement i have ever experienced. my daughter loves the school from the front counter (Lynda and Janine) to Mr. Morkert (principal) Excellnt

Posted March 20, 2009

My kids have been above grade level in all subjects during their entire career at Rose Lane. We have a very high parent involvement rate which is amazing. I love our school.

Posted July 27, 2008

Being a teacher at Rose Lane, I am slightly biased. However, I spent the summer furthering my education through distance learning classes with other teachers from around the state and can honestly say some of the best teachers are in our district. I was shocked by how 'ahead of the curve' the Madison teachers were in comparison to teachers from other districts. The high expectations for teachers in the Madison School District truly has created highly qualified teachers. I've never been more proud of being a member of this team.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 2, 2008

We have had students in this school for over fifty years and would not change one thing. They are the most helpful people and really do care.

Posted February 28, 2008

My daughter is in Kinder and she hated her last school, as soon as she met her teacher at Madison Rose, she was all smiles and she couldn't wait to start school! I was shocked and she's so much happier!

Posted November 16, 2006

I have had children in this school, off and on for over 9 years. I have always been happy with the communication and committment level of the teachers. The administration has changed much over the last couple of years, to a group that is much more focused on student achievement and the importance of the community and parent involvment to attain that status. All very positive trends to an already wonderful school. If you are considering a variance to Rose Lane, I would definately recommend you pursue it--you won't be sorry.

Posted July 11, 2006

Fantastic public school! Sorry we moved. Caring teachers and involved parents.

Posted June 20, 2006

My daughter went to kindergarten at this school. We were very happy with her teacher, who was very dedicated to her students and was a wonderful first teacher! Parents were involved in many of the student activites which is a good thing. Class size is average but in kindergarten there is often an aide or parent helper which is very necessary. Overall, my daughters first school experience was very good....we were pleasantly surprised.....one last thing is that the kindergarteners have their own playground, which I appreciated very much.

Posted June 12, 2006

wonderful school. teachers seem to care, but some parents don't.

Posted May 24, 2006

My daughter attended Rose Lane for her first through fourth grades. Fantastic teachers! (I should know; I helped out in the classroom at least once a week.)

Posted February 10, 2006

Great school. My daughters in 1st grade there and I am very happy with her progress!

Posted October 14, 2005

I am a mother of four. I am very happy to say my oldest is a freshman now and she began at roselane in the 2nd grade. Another one at madison 1# 5th. I have one in 4th and my youngest in preschool. I am very proud to say madison rose lane has been a wounderful place for my children.It has a feel of a small town school.And I really love that. The teachers a wounderful. I am very happy and proud to say. Corinne r

Posted August 17, 2005

so far this school seems to be working out very well for my 1st grader, she got help on her first day finding her home room since i was unable to take her and the teacher called me to let me know what was going on. the girls at the fromt office are also very helpful and nice. i think this will turn out to be a great learning experience for my child.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 58% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2014.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 48%N/A47%

• Ms. Patricia Jones
Fax number
  • (602) 664-7499

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now