Posted September 21, 2013
Magnet Traditional Academy is an "A" Rated School as defined by the Arizona Department of Education and in September of 2013 the school was named "High Performing" by the U.S. Department of Education. Magnet Traditional Academy is also one of just 16 schools in the nation to receive the "National Excellence in Urban Education Award." Parents are highly involved in the school and the staff is excellent. It serves K-8 students and even has a free before and after school program for students enrolled in the district with working parents.

Posted December 18, 2012
Teachers are amazing at this school. Many of them work very hard and it shows in their lessons. Students are given assignments that help them learn. They aren not given busy work. Parents, Teachers and Students are all held accountable to make sure that we have success. I love Magnet. Many of the parents that have commented on bullying are misguided. I have had my students at other schools in Phoenix. Compared to the other schools MTS doesn't have a bullying problem.

Posted June 10, 2012
MY SON ATTENDED MAGNET SCHOOL FOR 7 YEARS ,, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS I EVER SEEN ,, DISCIPLINE NUMBER ONE,, I FELL SORRY TO HEAR ALL THE BAD COMMENTS ABOUT IT,,, BUT I STILL BELIEVE IN MAGNET ,, JUST FIND THE RIGHT AND STRONG PRINCIPAL PLEASE ,, IT IS A GOOD SCHOOL I LOVE MAGNET TRADITIONAL SCHOOL

Posted November 15, 2011
This school is really going down hill fast! Good luck on trying to get the principal to return your calls or emails or even show up for scheduled meetings. I can't remember the last time we got a newsletter. There is no communication between staff and principal and parents. It has become very disconnected.

Magnet Traditional School 4

Posted September 23, 2011
I'm not sure if I should laugh or be appalled at some of the outrageous comments posted here! Dangerous school? Students carry drugs and weapons? How absurd can you be? I have been a parent at this school since 1997, my youngest daughter is still a student here. I would agree that the quality of the educators has diminished and they are struggling with the new trends in education, but trying to blame the school for lack of positive role models at home in today's society is unfair. The school has an anti-bullying program in place. They also encourage students to report bullying. The kids in middle school participate in community service projects on the weekends and they also have street clean-up days. The test scores are acceptable and the reading of good literature is encouraged at many grade levels. It is disheartening to read such negativity and hatred. Remember, you are the adult and role model for your child. Be a positive one.

Posted August 03, 2011
I had high hopes of Magnet Traditional, unfortunately I was extremely disappointed. I agree with the other parents...the bullying is completely out of control & totally unacceptable. Do not send your child to this school because it is a dangerous place!

Posted July 29, 2011
Bullying is a huge problem at this school! I totally agree with the last Mother that commented regarding the bullying at Magnet Traditional. We have had the same problem the last two years with the constant physical and verbal abuse by some of the kids at Magnet. My Grandson would always try to tell the teachers and staff about the name calling and physical abuse, but they would just ignore him. We finally just gave up and decided to take him out of the school. Wake up Mr. Principle! Something needs to be done about this serious problem at your school! Hear the people and enforce the No Bullying Policy!!!

Posted July 28, 2011
My two kids attended Magnet for two long years. Bullying is a big problem here and principal and staff have tell you what you want to hear. Nothing ever got solved and the parents and staff are as bad as the kids. I feel sorry for the future of these little clicks of bullies, parents wont be there forever to blame everyone else. If anyone with any pull in the school system is reading these comments I strongly suggest looking into this so called "A+" school. My kids will no longer attend Magnet.

Posted May 24, 2011
If they had a negative rating; I would provide it. This school is more of a pre-reformatory if you will. The Principal is in over his head and needed to be fired years ago. The students run the campus and the teachers are simply pawns. I would home school a child before I would EVER let a child attend here. You have only to walk by the campus to get a feel for it. Scary at best. Stunned nothing has been done. We pulled our child within a month and put him in private school. Education was clearly not on anyones agenda...and his safety was a factor.

Posted April 19, 2011
I am a grandparent of a student that attends Magnet . I help out my daughter with my grandchild picking and dropping off my grandson. First off the front of the school has A+ which should be removed. Academically might be an A+ school but fails in attitude. I have noticed the the little clicks developed here. Bullying is a big problem here. My grandson is scared to say anything and has noticed how kids that do say something are treated afterwards. They are outcasted by students and staff fails to look into this huge problem. I have also noticed the language of the kids there is unbelievable. Are the teachers ignoring the way kids speak? Free dress day is a big fasion show. Those who don't have expensive shoes or clothes (like my grandson) get picked on. School should enforce that we are there to learn not the way we look. If you are looking to send your kids to an A+ school then Magnet is not the best choice. My grandson will not be attending there next year. Hopefully these problems will be fixed soon, for the fuutre of these kids.

Magnet Traditional School
2602 North 23rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85009
Last modified Magnet Traditional School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnet Traditional School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.