Bad
Good

My kids have done well at this school and they hold the children and more importantly the parents to a high standard of conduct and participation. I do see a drop in the quality of the school, but I think it has to do with the parental support and communication. The teachers seem to enjoy working there and fight for the kids. If you're willing to put in the effort as a parent your child will have a good experience, if you're looking for day care...keep walking.

Magnet Traditional Academy is an "A" Rated School as defined by the Arizona Department of Education and in September of 2013 the school was named "High Performing" by the U.S. Department of Education. Magnet Traditional Academy is also one of just 16 schools in the nation to receive the "National Excellence in Urban Education Award." Parents are highly involved in the school and the staff is excellent. It serves K-8 students and even has a free before and after school program for students enrolled in the district with working parents.

Teachers are amazing at this school. Many of them work very hard and it shows in their lessons. Students are given assignments that help them learn. They aren not given busy work. Parents, Teachers and Students are all held accountable to make sure that we have success. I love Magnet. Many of the parents that have commented on bullying are misguided. I have had my students at other schools in Phoenix. Compared to the other schools MTS doesn't have a bullying problem.

MY SON ATTENDED MAGNET SCHOOL FOR 7 YEARS ,, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS I EVER SEEN ,, DISCIPLINE NUMBER ONE,, I FELL SORRY TO HEAR ALL THE BAD COMMENTS ABOUT IT,,, BUT I STILL BELIEVE IN MAGNET ,, JUST FIND THE RIGHT AND STRONG PRINCIPAL PLEASE ,, IT IS A GOOD SCHOOL I LOVE MAGNET TRADITIONAL SCHOOL

This school is really going down hill fast! Good luck on trying to get the principal to return your calls or emails or even show up for scheduled meetings. I can't remember the last time we got a newsletter. There is no communication between staff and principal and parents. It has become very disconnected.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or be appalled at some of the outrageous comments posted here! Dangerous school? Students carry drugs and weapons? How absurd can you be? I have been a parent at this school since 1997, my youngest daughter is still a student here. I would agree that the quality of the educators has diminished and they are struggling with the new trends in education, but trying to blame the school for lack of positive role models at home in today's society is unfair. The school has an anti-bullying program in place. They also encourage students to report bullying. The kids in middle school participate in community service projects on the weekends and they also have street clean-up days. The test scores are acceptable and the reading of good literature is encouraged at many grade levels. It is disheartening to read such negativity and hatred. Remember, you are the adult and role model for your child. Be a positive one.

I had high hopes of Magnet Traditional, unfortunately I was extremely disappointed. I agree with the other parents...the bullying is completely out of control & totally unacceptable. Do not send your child to this school because it is a dangerous place!

Bullying is a huge problem at this school! I totally agree with the last Mother that commented regarding the bullying at Magnet Traditional. We have had the same problem the last two years with the constant physical and verbal abuse by some of the kids at Magnet. My Grandson would always try to tell the teachers and staff about the name calling and physical abuse, but they would just ignore him. We finally just gave up and decided to take him out of the school. Wake up Mr. Principle! Something needs to be done about this serious problem at your school! Hear the people and enforce the No Bullying Policy!!!

My two kids attended Magnet for two long years. Bullying is a big problem here and principal and staff have tell you what you want to hear. Nothing ever got solved and the parents and staff are as bad as the kids. I feel sorry for the future of these little clicks of bullies, parents wont be there forever to blame everyone else. If anyone with any pull in the school system is reading these comments I strongly suggest looking into this so called "A+" school. My kids will no longer attend Magnet.

If they had a negative rating; I would provide it. This school is more of a pre-reformatory if you will. The Principal is in over his head and needed to be fired years ago. The students run the campus and the teachers are simply pawns. I would home school a child before I would EVER let a child attend here. You have only to walk by the campus to get a feel for it. Scary at best. Stunned nothing has been done. We pulled our child within a month and put him in private school. Education was clearly not on anyones agenda...and his safety was a factor.

Last modified Magnet Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.