Posted May 25, 2013
All I can say, do not send your children at this school. School is a joke. Principal himself is a joke. They all just wanna be friends there. Lots of negative vibes there. I transferred my child somewhere else. Administration must change.

Posted August 22, 2012
Manzanita is an awesome school. I've had kids going there since 1999 and I found that the best way to know what s going on is being actively involved. Every teacher has an e-mail and every time I had a concern I was able to get my questions answered. My kids all have had great teachers (ya, there's been bad ones too) but communicating with the teachers is the key. My youngest son was bullied a couple of years ago, the staff put an immediate end in a way that the bully was put to work and my son didn't have to change his habits. I've learned that the key is parent involvement. Get to know the teachers, staff and other parents, it makes a huge difference. Be involved, join the PTO, help out when you can. Get involved in your kids education.

Posted May 17, 2012
This school has disappointed me this year. All of my kids have attended this school in the past and I must say the teachers are great, maybe not all but most. This year alot of things changed with the new principal which I have nothing good to say about, he is just definitely out of the question, no parent communication, and the office staff much less professional than past years. This school totally forgot they had parents coming from the south side of 39th Ave therefore they decided not to allow us to make a left turn into the school, so how are we supposed to get in to the school to drop off children. I guess gas prices, mileage, and time is not there problem. They even got a cop to cite everybody coming into the school from the south side that had to make that left turn in order to get in. Sad to say but this school doesn't care about parents or students that much. With all the inconvenience I have to go thru just to drop off and pick up my kids every day, I and alot of other parents living south of the school will be moving our children to different school even if we have to carpool.

Posted January 17, 2012
Some may say good things about this school, maybe when your child/children attended this school a few years back it was different. my personal experience with my kids at this school with in a one years time isnt good. Ive had my childrens bullied, had my child come home to tell me that a teacher/staff at the school told them to trash there lunch, I dont get free lunch for my kids, I buy and pack my children lunch daily for school. Ive had my children not wanting to attend school anymore. If you really care about your child/children education and needs please find another school beside Manzanita, the staff at the front never answer the phone, the Principal himself is a JOKE...The teachers dont make time for Parent conference when you want to attend one...also your not allowed to disturb your child education...meaning u cant just show up and visit there classroom, look back and my parents used to visit my classroom,also their is alot of lack of communication and parent involvement is very low,he only time they ask for parent involvement is when the school decides to sell hotdogs,burgers and such,who knows what happens to that fund because the fliers my children bring back dont say.

Posted April 17, 2011
I happen to love this schgol. I have read all kinds of negatives here and have to wonder where these parents are? I know they are not involved much with the PTO or school functions. How do I know this? Because I am involved in every aspect I can be involved in. So where are you? As for the teachers, they are ALL exceptional. They truly care about their students and go out of their way to help. My child is a special needs student and gets FANTASTIC care and consideration there! They are AWESOME!!

Manzanita Elementary School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
So there is a problem the way the students are schooled if you consider that 40 children in one class and one teacher teaching the class then it would seem that the gap is huge where is the homework ahhhhhhhhh where does this school rank ! All the parents who have a children there be aware.

Posted April 14, 2009

Posted June 02, 2008

Posted April 24, 2008

Posted December 19, 2007
i am a parent who have had nothing but fantastic parent teacher and also principal communication. i love this school and my children have had nothing but excellent teachers . and one awesome basketball team as well as coach.

Manzanita Elementary School
8430 N 39th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Manzanita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manzanita Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top