Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Maxine O Bush Elementary School 5

Posted December 16, 2015
This is my sons first year attending Maxine O. Bush Elementary. He had attended two other schools on the west side of town prior to going to this school. We had just purchased a home nearby and quite honestly I was very much concerned with the reviews I had read. I decided to go with my instincts and enroll my son and see for myself. Because we were buying our home, I really had only one other option and this was private school and this was not in our budget. I was pleased that my son now looks forward to going to school everyday and no longer gives me a hassle every morning. This is such a weight off my shoulders, knowing my child enjoys school for a change. The staff is awesome and always helpful and concerned when it comes to the students well being. My son has always struggled in certain academics, which of course was a major concern for me. Previous schools had dragged their feet and never showed interest in testing him for a learning disability. But much thanks to his teacher for her concern and efforts, regarding my sons education, we got the necessary testing and paper work completed and has already shown improvement. He loves this school and it is by far the best school overall. You can't always rely on other peoples opinion because the problem may of resulted from their behavior and actions.

Maxine O Bush Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 16, 2015
Thanks to Mrs. Sells for her extraordinary teaching abilities and concern for her students. You are by far the best teacher I've known. Seeing I am a mother of 2 college graduates and another in high school, I have met a great deal of teachers. You are awesome!!

Posted July 18, 2014
If you want a quality education for your children don't send them to this school. 1 out of 5 stars is not low enough to grade this school. Sorry to the kids who have to attend it.

Maxine O Bush Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
I went to Maxine O Bush and yeah we have loud and careless kids but I dont think the teachers are lousy and don't do their jobs, they do give them the punishments they deserve and overall I liked this school, I did good because I payed attention and I think that if your kid is bad then there isn't any school that is going to magically fix him like you need to make him behave yourself so he can do good in school it's not Bush's fault because they try really hard and the teachers are really close to the students and i've been to other schools where the principal is hardly ever there and teachers were tempermental but maxine's principal is so close to us she's like our second mom and i think it's a really loving school

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is a nightmare the so called principal is a witch she needs to be retrained on how to talk to parents. She is in south Phoenix but doesn't give her the right to treat people as ignorant as she is!!! Worst nightmare I attended the school therefore I figured it would be good for my children to go there but no it is horrible

Maxine O Bush Elementary School 3

Posted January 11, 2014
Bush , has changed alot since Ms . Norwood came in . Shes cared about us , like a mother . She doesnt accept no homework being done , over the years we have gotten more teachers who care , who want us to have an education , teachers & parents are focusing on the past not the future . 2013-2014 has changed , this school has become a better foundation for our school . Im in 8th grade & im proud to say ive been their & I will promote in 2014 , from the help of the teachers , principle , parents , staff , etc . Bush has changed since Ms. Norwood came in , im proud to say shes expects alot from us , but at the end its worth it ( :

Posted September 11, 2013
This by far is the worst school ever the principal always talk with an attitude or as if she is always correct without taking advice or listening she needs to do better herself! My child is in kindergarten as the year started she had a teacher who didn't speak english well!! Now she has moved to a new class room with a new teacher which was only there a week and now its different subs that always need help because the kids are to much for them i have sat in class a few times just to help the sub out! The school had to split the class room up between 2 other classes which means the 2 other classes was a over load!! How can a teacher teach when there is to many students to focus on. My child has had 3 teachers already they have no stability what so ever I will be withdrawing my child from this school today and will not look back!

Posted June 27, 2011
i was a student in 2011 i was picked on and bulled by all the other kids and no staff or teacher did anything about it my teacher patrica kirkendoll just yelled at me for being picked on and bulled and always made fun of me to all the other students and then when when i told my teacher that a student was going to fight me after school she yelled at me and sent me to the office where the vice priciable agve me a refferl and told may mom it was for being out of calss i was onley there for maybe 4 months befor my mom had pulled me out

Posted May 17, 2011
I have had 3 children attending this school at one time. Fortunatly one of them has moved on to high school. This scool has a very bad lack of dicilpline. The children are extremely rude and disrespectful not only to the staff and teachers but to any kind of authority figure. The teachers and administrators tend to look the other way and don't want to deal with it. The principal Pat Jury has absolutly NO idea of what goes on in her school, maybe that is why they need 2 so called Dicipline Specialists (aka Vice Principal). That is why I am taking my other 2 children out of this school!

Posted January 05, 2011
My child has been going there for 2 years and has not learned a thing. she has not had a stable teacher there at all!!! This school sucks! its the worst school I have ever been to.

Maxine O Bush Elementary School
602 E Siesta Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified Maxine O Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maxine O Bush Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top